Trees/crops not growing...

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Zaekor.t

Re: Trees/crops not growing...

Post by Zaekor.t » 12 Feb 2017, 13:04

Hi

I have the same problem with my LiFE server: YO no trees want to push, I have to adjust my "DayCycle" has 3 crops grow, but not the trees

Iomega0318

Post by Iomega0318 » 19 Feb 2017, 01:30

I didn’t know Necromancers still existed :D

Anyways on that note, there is a thread here somewhere actually many threads (too lazy to search for them atm, I believe this thread also goes into some detail) that describe why it works the way it does in great detail.. Basically the tree/crop growth ticks afaik only occur when the weather changes from rain to sun or sun to rain which is why they appear to grow at such a slow rate, this is also why they will not grow during winter because it “snows” instead of “rains” which doesn’t count as a growth tick when it switches to a clear day..

As far as the trees go, they seem to take a very long time regardless of your day cycle settings or ticks because well they're tress haha.. in general they just seem to take ages to grow, but you can also modify that if you look at the cm_forest_maintenance.xml file in the data directory on your server..

Afaik this is correct, if anyone who knows more than me cares to chime in be my guest, I just figured I’d answer you since the forums are mostly dead lol..

Windrunnr
Devoted Believer

Post by Windrunnr » 15 Mar 2017, 19:59

Ok so if I understand Iomega0318 correctly, nothing grows during the winter months?

I just got in the game on the last day of CBT :( , but I've been doing my own LiF:YO and it's only 26 February. So do I just have to sit around and wait for March/April for my wheat and flax to grow so that I can actually start building more advanced structures and taming wild animals?

Is there a work around for this, because the "Gather Wild Plants" under farming has only produced 20 flax stems after hours in rl trying to gather?

Return to General Discussion