Two newcomers, and a bunch of questions!

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Avarixzen
Zealous Believer

Two newcomers, and a bunch of questions!

Post by Avarixzen » 16 Jan 2017, 01:33

So to start, I'm Ashley and my friend Chandler (Ceras) just bought the 80GBP pack of Life is Feudal mmo. We've played YO addition for only two hours after buying the mmo pack and getting the game free with it.

I've previously played wurm, and no amount of negative reviews on Life is Feudal would detair me away from the game or community as the concept looked amazing. And after only two hours play time on YO, the game feels amazing also. So just a few questions for those more experienced.

Firstly, regarding bugs. I myself have a GTX1060 and a intel i7 3.4GZ with 16GB of ram, and my friend is around the same with a AMD processor and graphics card, yet we achieve around 50fps with frequent crashes. Can this be fixed? And/or is it fixed within the mmo? I mean, considering we both achieve well over 60fps on The Witcher, GTA, The Forest, Bf1, DayZ, rust, etc It doesn't seem likely that we should achieve sub-50 on medium with Feudal's graphics fidelity.

Secondly, some beta questions :D

So I understand there are waves, if anyone is unable to link me could someone explain a few things? Can people build as normal during these waves? And how many beta's have their been? Also, will everything be reset after the beta or after each wave? We ask because we're looking to possibly make a settlement/kingdom when the mmo is released, and if the beta's are planned to be reset; we'd rather focus on building up our settlement on YO until the mmo is actually released.

And what could my expectations of roleplay be going into the mmo? I've roleplayed on various games, ranging from voice roleplay to very detailed /me actions on games such as hl2rp. I'm enjoying the current lif:yo server I'm on considering people speak as if they're within this fantasy realm we play in; and view ranks, etc as such with is amazing. The atmosphere of the game is great.

Finally, what are these "tickets" we are acquiring by purchasing the package? We get three of these, my friend believes it can transfer characters from lif:yo to the mmo, which would be awesome if the stats could carry over, but if it isn't this could someone explain what it actually does? As I understand it's not likely to be this.

Avarixzen
Zealous Believer

Re: Two newcomers, and a bunch of questions!

Post by Avarixzen » 16 Jan 2017, 01:37

Finally, I'd like to add that both me and Ceras look forward to trying to get involved in the community if there is much of one, regardless of what the reviews pretty much everywhere I look on the internet say, I see so much potential in this game to be like Wurm, but in a different direction; it's already amazing and I'm hoping it lives up to the expectations I have for it!

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 16 Jan 2017, 02:33

Avarixzen wrote:So to start, I'm Ashley and my friend Chandler (Ceras) just bought the 80GBP pack of Life is Feudal mmo. We've played YO addition for only two hours after buying the mmo pack and getting the game free with it.

I've previously played wurm, and no amount of negative reviews on Life is Feudal would detair me away from the game or community as the concept looked amazing. And after only two hours play time on YO, the game feels amazing also. So just a few questions for those more experienced.

Firstly, regarding bugs. I myself have a GTX1060 and a intel i7 3.4GZ with 16GB of ram, and my friend is around the same with a AMD processor and graphics card, yet we achieve around 50fps with frequent crashes. Can this be fixed? And/or is it fixed within the mmo? I mean, considering we both achieve well over 60fps on The Witcher, GTA, The Forest, Bf1, DayZ, rust, etc It doesn't seem likely that we should achieve sub-50 on medium with Feudal's graphics fidelity.

Secondly, some beta questions :D

So I understand there are waves, if anyone is unable to link me could someone explain a few things? Can people build as normal during these waves? And how many beta's have their been? Also, will everything be reset after the beta or after each wave? We ask because we're looking to possibly make a settlement/kingdom when the mmo is released, and if the beta's are planned to be reset; we'd rather focus on building up our settlement on YO until the mmo is actually released.

And what could my expectations of roleplay be going into the mmo? I've roleplayed on various games, ranging from voice roleplay to very detailed /me actions on games such as hl2rp. I'm enjoying the current lif:yo server I'm on considering people speak as if they're within this fantasy realm we play in; and view ranks, etc as such with is amazing. The atmosphere of the game is great.

Finally, what are these "tickets" we are acquiring by purchasing the package? We get three of these, my friend believes it can transfer characters from lif:yo to the mmo, which would be awesome if the stats could carry over, but if it isn't this could someone explain what it actually does? As I understand it's not likely to be this.

i cant really help you with the technical stuff :( but as for the waves yes you can build as you normally would theres been wave 0 and the current wave 1 so far and wave 1 will continue in the beginning of february there will be a complete wipe after wave 1 but wave 2 will be the soft launch of the mmo no wipes will happen after wave 2 starts i would recommend trying to find a spot in the mmo map right now to build your settlement and get use to the map wave 1 will probably last for another 4-5 months with all the testing they want to do! as for the roleplaying i know my group has encountered roleplayers and we went to war with them i would expect alot of hostile players if i were you as for the tickets those are used to transport new characters you make to the mainland from the tutorial island for the mmo just think of the tickets as character slots and you will not beable to transfer your characters from LIF:YO to the mmo they are seperate games

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 16 Jan 2017, 02:43

im sure alot of roleplayers may band together to defend themselves from the blood thirsty pvp players also settlement location is key and the map is huge im sure you can find a nice spot also be aware you need atleast 10 players in your guild to build a monument and claim land and again if i were you i would participate in wave 1 and get used to the slower skill progression and have a plan on where to settle for wave 2 because its going to be a bloodbath as everyone races to settle good spots on the map

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 16 Jan 2017, 02:57

i almost forgot here you go https://discord.gg/mhPhTPH devs will post links to updates on discord

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 16 Jan 2017, 15:51

Hello there, my guild is not a role playing guild but we are freindly and more than willing to help answer any questions you have, if you want to talk to me about joining send me a PM, we are going to be playing on the US server.

Avarixzen wrote:
Can people build as normal during these waves? And how many beta's have their been?

Yes, during the beta waves you can build as you would normally. there was a Wave#0, and coming up is the second instance of wave#1.

Avarixzen wrote:
Also, will everything be reset after the beta or after each wave? We ask because we're looking to possibly make a settlement/kingdom when the mmo is released.

After Wave#1 is done it will be wiped clean, think of Wave#2 as a soft release, while it is still subject to change the current stance is to not wipe after Wave#2.

Avarixzen wrote:And what could my expectations of roleplay be going into the mmo? I've roleplayed on various games

There are guilds that are focusing on making big alliances of Role Players, for the purpose of protection and so all the role players can play together.

(if you don't join a guild that RP's, then don't expect it to happen at all)

Avarixzen wrote:Finally, what are these "tickets" we are acquiring by purchasing the package?

Making accounts, and making characters is free. However when you make a character it starts on the newbie Island where you can test the game for free, but it gets reset back to the way it was at the end of everyday. to bring that "free character to the real MMO (Mainland)" you need one character ticket.

(if you delete a character that you used a ticket on to bring to the MMO mainland that ticket is gone, this prevents people trying to circumvent the alignment system)

Avarixzen wrote: my friend believes it can transfer characters from lif:yo to the mmo, which would be awesome if the stats could carry over, but if it isn't this could someone explain what it actually does? As I understand it's not likely to be this.

You can not bring characters over from YO to the MMO, you have to start over.

hope this helps, if you have more questions just ask, have a good one. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 16 Jan 2017, 17:10

Greetings.

If you are looking for a practical role-playing guild, with teeth when needed, then you might want to investigate the Duchy of Wessex..

Yours,
Sir Azzerhoden Razeri, Bt.
Chamberlain, Duchy of Wessex
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Newcomer Section