Unable to build Monument in YO

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Unable to build Monument in YO

Post by Azzerhoden » 29 Dec 2016, 17:43

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior in YO. If you get a chance, please test and let me know.

I have a character on a long running server that has existed prior to any updates to YO over the last month. When I attempt to create a monument with this character, I get the blunt 'error' sound, but no message. I remember getting the same error sound in Wave .5 when monuments required an active guild.

So that got me wondering if anyone has been able to create a monument in YO, or whether some MMO code was unintentionally moved to the YO build, or whether its a database issue on my end.

Please post here your success or failure. Thanks.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

TheZar

Re: Unable to build Monument in YO

Post by TheZar » 30 Dec 2016, 00:44

I just tested on my server with a new character, was able to place and build it outside of GM mode.

Did you remember to equip a hammer?

Kriegsmann55
Zealous Believer

Post by Kriegsmann55 » 30 Dec 2016, 07:49

It isn't just the Monument that cannot be built, multiple players on the same server (myself included) are incapable of placing any objects at all, incapable of crafting, we can't even delete characters from the server.

TheZar

Post by TheZar » 30 Dec 2016, 12:10

Kriegsmann55 wrote:It isn't just the Monument that cannot be built, multiple players on the same server (myself included) are incapable of placing any objects at all, incapable of crafting, we can't even delete characters from the server.

That's really weird, has the GM/ server owner tried a server restart?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Dec 2016, 19:49

Definitely database issue.

When the last MMO wave started buildings and such decayed to nothing (forgot to turn decay off), so I restored to an earlier backup (after making a new backup). Restoring threw no errors, but these issues (and others such as terraforming where there was snow) were happening frequently.

After verifying that a former beta test run world did not have these issues, I restored the latest back up and everything appears to be working.

Since I use the same command to make these backups (data dump of the entire instance), it would seem unlikely that the issue is with how I did the backup/restore. Wondering if the issue is in trying to restore backups from archives made prior to the last couple of patches.... During the initial startup after restoring there were a lot of mesh issues that caused the startup process to take much longer than normal.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Feedback Section