Unfair and should be addressed

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Unfair and should be addressed

Post by Mx11foxracing » 10 May 2017, 00:30

Earlier today a video was linked to me showing something that is slightly disturbing and should not be allowed. I am sure the "Dev's" that this was done to are very aware it happened but still bringing it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkx5Qm1YFBc

If the link doesn't work, search "Life is Feudal MMO : Vinterskorn destroys the Developer claim" via youtube. Uploaded May 6, 2017 by "video clip gaming" channel.

This kind of ':' raiding ':' shouldn't even exist. I understand that its in the game and people will exploit what they can but this is crazy. Say what you want but this is clearly floating items. What good is a personal/guild claim when a group of players can take everything away w/ little effort and quick resources. I don't want to log on after a month of hard work to have everything reclaimed and/or destroyed. I believe this kind of game play will ruin a game and discourage future players from playing the game. Im done ranting, lets hear it trolls and try hards :pardon:

P.S. :D I am very impressed w/ the ingenious idea but still unfair. I would have never of thought about trying this.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Unfair and should be addressed

Post by Sharana » 10 May 2017, 01:12

They don't remove this for only 1 reason - the siege ladders and climbing mode are not implemented yet, so players need other ways of getting on walls. So this is placeholder for proper mechanics. It was said many times that walls are just as good as their defenders. If you don't have defenders the enemy will easily climb on them yes and it's working as intended.

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 10 May 2017, 04:36

Sharana wrote:They don't remove this for only 1 reason - the siege ladders and climbing mode are not implemented yet, so players need other ways of getting on walls. So this is placeholder for proper mechanics. It was said many times that walls are just as good as their defenders. If you don't have defenders the enemy will easily climb on them yes and it's working as intended.

You think they implemented these mechanics on purpose in order to act as a placeholder for ladders?

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 10 May 2017, 05:08

Scratchit wrote:
Sharana wrote:They don't remove this for only 1 reason - the siege ladders and climbing mode are not implemented yet, so players need other ways of getting on walls. So this is placeholder for proper mechanics. It was said many times that walls are just as good as their defenders. If you don't have defenders the enemy will easily climb on them yes and it's working as intended.

You think they implemented these mechanics on purpose in order to act as a placeholder for ladders?

The mechanic is in place, because proper physics system was not made and because it allowed for more creativity with objects in YO. Since then it was severely nerfed, but never "fixed" as such feature (relatively fast climbing over walls) is needed and that works a gameplay placeholder till they are done with the proper climbing and siege ladders system.

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 10 May 2017, 05:12

Sharana wrote:
Scratchit wrote:

The mechanic is in place, because proper physics system was not made and because it allowed for more creativity with objects in YO. Since then it was severely nerfed, but never "fixed" as such feature (relatively fast climbing over walls) is needed and that works a gameplay placeholder till they are done with the proper climbing and siege ladders system.

gotcha, thanks!

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 10 May 2017, 16:21

Mx11foxracing wrote:Earlier today a video was linked to me showing something that is slightly disturbing and should not be allowed. I am sure the "Dev's" that this was done to are very aware it happened but still bringing it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkx5Qm1YFBc

If the link doesn't work, search "Life is Feudal MMO : Vinterskorn destroys the Developer claim" via youtube. Uploaded May 6, 2017 by "video clip gaming" channel.

This kind of ':' raiding ':' shouldn't even exist. I understand that its in the game and people will exploit what they can but this is crazy. Say what you want but this is clearly floating items. What good is a personal/guild claim when a group of players can take everything away w/ little effort and quick resources. I don't want to log on after a month of hard work to have everything reclaimed and/or destroyed. I believe this kind of game play will ruin a game and discourage future players from playing the game. Im done ranting, lets hear it trolls and try hards :pardon:

P.S. :D I am very impressed w/ the ingenious idea but still unfair. I would have never of thought about trying this.

You can get over walls this way, you still can't open buildings/containers. The only reason JH is in the MMO is because they don't have the war mechanics in yet.

So yes, in the MMO people can come kill you. They can't loot all your loots.

If you want to be safe inside some walls the starting city is probably your best bet. There's also forest village....

JackStark
Zealous Believer

Post by JackStark » 11 May 2017, 01:12

Well to be fair, those bed rolls are really stiff from all the sweat and blood of our enemies.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 11 May 2017, 03:39

"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Blas

Post by Blas » 11 May 2017, 08:28

Sad video :/

Reapo

Post by Reapo » 11 May 2017, 10:19

Yup, I hope they are able to get proper siege mechanics worked in, to avoid seeing stuff like that haha. But ya that is still a problem in YO actually. Depending on the server, they normally have rules to balance the unrealistic gravity defying "stacking" of things.

One solution was that people had to make a siege ladder crafting tables and moving them into position. The other solution was a mod that just added a siege tower to the game which allowed players to move a tower to an enemies walls, very slowly mind you, and allow players to fight on the walls.

Its unfortunate to see and seeing something like that, I can see how that would scare off any player not familiar with the game. Here are some facts about the video though. The attack on the base was during JH, which is a planned event where both sides knew when the possibilities of attack are. If the GM team was actually online at the time to defend their place, I'm sure the outcome would of been different or at least slightly more difficult. Also, as you saw, the video was sped up. In real time, doing something like that would take, idk maybe 45 minutes to an hour.

One last thing, the team that took over the base knew that the GMs weren't going to be there to fight. If you noticed, all they had where a couple of armored guards and the rest just had tabards with swords or pikes. They weren't expecting a fight from the GMs, if anything the only reason they were armed was to defend themselves from another rival group that could of been passing by lol

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 14 May 2017, 08:04

If you really make Walls just as good as the Defenders.
Walls will be incredible useless in this Game.

Not a Single Guild will Manage to have someone Online at all times.
Even the Real Big ones with over 100 Members will often have their City being entirely Empty.

So if thats truly the reason why this is tolerated this Game will have a sad awakening in the future because Big Clans with over a Hundred Members will one Day log In to be greeted by Enemies Ambushing them as they just made themselves at home while the Guild was offline...

They really need to make NPCs or something else here to serve as Protection while People are Offline.
Otherwise there will never be a Single Working City in this Game.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 15 May 2017, 14:03

Sunleader wrote:If you really make Walls just as good as the Defenders.
Walls will be incredible useless in this Game.

Not a Single Guild will Manage to have someone Online at all times.
Even the Real Big ones with over 100 Members will often have their City being entirely Empty.

So if thats truly the reason why this is tolerated this Game will have a sad awakening in the future because Big Clans with over a Hundred Members will one Day log In to be greeted by Enemies Ambushing them as they just made themselves at home while the Guild was offline...

They really need to make NPCs or something else here to serve as Protection while People are Offline.
Otherwise there will never be a Single Working City in this Game.

This was kind of touched on by
Nothing_Personal wrote:So yes, in the MMO people can come kill you. They can't loot all your loots.

If you want to be safe inside some walls the starting city is probably your best bet. There's also forest village....

But I will expand on this to help anyone who doesn't understand what this means.

*Currently in the MMO they are using Judgement hour, this is just to gather PvP data for the devs, the only way vinterskorn could destroy the monument was because it was Judgement hour (JH) when they attacked.*

JH is when there is no alignment loss when you kill, and any guild with a war status to your guild has the ability to damage your buildings

The good news is JH is not going to be around in the main release it will be replaced with two War type mechanics.

1) Instanced Battles, similar to a battle in Mount and Blade. The idea is the attacking guild declares the battle, the defending guild gets to pick a time +/- 1 hr off the standard peak time for the regional server the battle takes place on, A full day or more after the battle is declared. "This allows both sides to make preparations, and request allies to assist"

What happens when you lose is still being worked out, but the idea is in some capacity the losing side will lose a monument level.

if you take anything out of this post, it should be this.

2) Sieges, in similar fashion to the instanced battle, attacker declares, defender picks a time for the siege to take place, giving defenders time to prepare for the siege. However one current requirement to declare a siege is for the defending sides monument to be level 1. So in order to siege a guild, a series of instanced battles will need to be won first.

A. Sieges will have a timer till the siege will have either failed or succeeded.
B. Prior to the siege starting the devs plan to implement a mechanic to kick all offline players off the siege defenders claim.

Now this does not counter the bark box sleeping bag stuff, but what this does do is make it so you don't have to have someone on your walls 24/7, it makes it so you know when people are coming so you can ready your self, and they cannot destroy your base when ever you are offline.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 16 May 2017, 02:54

Kildrith wrote:<<<A whole bunch of really good points>>>

Save your fingers Kildrith.

Jester isn't interested in learning or hearing anything from anyone else. He's got almost 30 posts and nearly 2 dozen hours in the game.

No need to spend any time listening to official pod casts or interviews, or reading Bobiks original vision or the FAQ in the wiki, or to investigate any of the hundreds of posts where players have contributed to the development of the game.

Nope, he's a certified expert on game design, and he will provide us with a resume proving that any time now.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 17 May 2017, 16:20

Azzerhoden wrote:
Kildrith wrote:<<<A whole bunch of really good points>>>

Save your fingers Kildrith.

Jester isn't interested in learning or hearing anything from anyone else. He's got almost 30 posts and nearly 2 dozen hours in the game.

No need to spend any time listening to official pod casts or interviews, or reading Bobiks original vision or the FAQ in the wiki, or to investigate any of the hundreds of posts where players have contributed to the development of the game.

Nope, he's a certified expert on game design, and he will provide us with a resume proving that any time now.

This seems a little targeted... :no:

I would love to see some NPCs that breathe a little life into player settlements, but apart from pygmies it doesn't look like there is anything in the vein planned.

As one of the participants in the raid on the devteam's claim, I have to say that I would love to see many things implemented to the point where an attack like this is a more challenging experience but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 May 2017, 16:48

We will find a way to resolve this, but probably not until we will get near implementing siege ladders.

Return to General Discussion