Useless Grind

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Fhoer
Zealous Believer

Useless Grind

Post by Fhoer » 17 Dec 2016, 23:29

Hello guys, as you do know, life is feudal needs a lot of grinding... some of it useful some of it complete useless, for example:

Herbalism: you take more than 30h to grind your way up to lvl 60 doing the same stuff, and the problem is: 30h doing the job of a weed-wacker to take lvl 60 and start to produce flux so you can build simple stuff... and it is a tier 2 skill.
my suggestion:
unlock Flux on lvl 30 or put some new mechanics to get herbalism in another ways, maybe move search for herbs to herbalism, isnt hard to get lvl, you just make a ton of useless preparations and get bored for 2-3 days so you can produce some flux to build some usefull stuff.

Forging: You need lvl 60 of smelting (grind for 2 days doing a ton of metal for no reason) to do something useful with this skill, it should be a skill tier 2, you unlock metal bands to the builder build some tanning tubs, but, you cant forge a carpenter's kit so you can produce the mallet to build it.
My Suggestion:
Split Forging and Smelting in to 2 diferent paths after materials preparations, will be more "organic" than smelting a ton of metal till you dont have space to store it, then armorsmithig goes after you learn forging

Construction: You build some nice stuff in the beginning, like a forge and anvil and pave roads to your mine, farm and houses, then you get in the lvl 20 and you have a "void" till lvl 50 when you unlock coops and stop building ovens after 30h you get lvl 60 to start to improve your defenses, in the end you say "well, lets go for a stone wall!"
My suggestion:
unlock all palisade stuff 20-30 lvls early and make the mallet optional to build it, construction isnt hard to get lvl, there is just a Gap between lvl 20 to 50 so you keep partially-building ovens for no immersive reason.

Added:

The game need another alternative to improve advanced farming, not only by grinding wheat, it takes a long time so you need master degree to start to cook.
maybe cooking would be better after procuration instead adv. farming, it is more intuitive to learn kill and chicken in the coop to cook.

-----

Maybe all the skill tree should be reworked to be more flexible... you need to learn thing with more autonomy...
Last edited by Fhoer on 18 Dec 2016, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.
Fhoer BlackOak

Founder of Black Sun.
Private Property, Individualism and decentralized power of decision are our fundation.

Adriano.mspereira
True Believer

Re: Useless Grind

Post by Adriano.mspereira » 17 Dec 2016, 23:34

:good:

Moggy
True Believer

Post by Moggy » 17 Dec 2016, 23:40

Its supposed to be a grind, Life is feudal. :Bravo:

Fhoer
Zealous Believer

Post by Fhoer » 17 Dec 2016, 23:45

Moggy wrote:Its supposed to be a grind, Life is feudal. :Bravo:

And it sould be immersive too... but you have useless grind in this 3 situations...
i want to make useful grind.
Fhoer BlackOak

Founder of Black Sun.
Private Property, Individualism and decentralized power of decision are our fundation.

ESPOLETA
Zealous Believer

Post by ESPOLETA » 17 Dec 2016, 23:51

I agree, they could have another alternative to improve avanced agriculture as well, not only by grinding wheat, by the 28th I will not be able to catch enough wheat to test those skills.

Dopaminez
True Believer

Post by Dopaminez » 18 Dec 2016, 00:06

:good: makes sense to me

Fhoer
Zealous Believer

Post by Fhoer » 18 Dec 2016, 00:09

ESPOLETA wrote:I agree, they could have another alternative to improve avanced agriculture as well, not only by grinding wheat, by the 28th I will not be able to catch enough wheat to test those skills.

True, then you grind all the wheat and maybe you can get cooking...

everyone needs to have "doctor degree" on agriculture so you can cook... imagine how many degrees Gordon Ramsay have + battlecry...
Fhoer BlackOak

Founder of Black Sun.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 18 Dec 2016, 00:14

ESPOLETA wrote:I agree, they could have another alternative to improve avanced agriculture as well, not only by grinding wheat, by the 28th I will not be able to catch enough wheat to test those skills.

Just FYI, the 28th is only the date for the game going down for New Years, it will be back, wave 1 goes until march-juneish

ESPOLETA
Zealous Believer

Post by ESPOLETA » 18 Dec 2016, 00:15

Fhoer wrote:imagine how many degrees Gordon Ramsay have + battlecry...
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Trovao999
True Believer

Post by Trovao999 » 19 Dec 2016, 01:08

:Bravo: :good:

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 19 Dec 2016, 05:51

I don't mind grinding, but it does feel stupid when it's useless like you say.

Lustmord
Beta Tester

Post by Lustmord » 19 Dec 2016, 16:22

Get rid of early game stage right? 10 out of 10 lold

Return to Suggestions and Ideas