Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Arevin
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Apr 2018, 18:31

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Arevin » 23 Apr 2018, 13:37

Mahtafa wrote:
Araevin wrote: The instant fix is this - remove the Chinese players from all non-Chinese servers.


dont think the chinese would take that too well, seeing as theres less than 500 players in their servers lol


No one should be worried about their feelings. The game devs should be worried about fairness across the board for all players on all servers. Right now, the situation with Chinese players on Non-Chinese servers is degrading the game, causing people to quit. That is something worth worrying about.


DeddoTenshi
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 16 Nov 2016, 18:27

Re: Current state of the game

Post by DeddoTenshi » 23 Apr 2018, 20:39

Araevin wrote:The instant fix is this - remove the Chinese players from all non-Chinese servers. Do it now, NA and EU players will be happy to fight each other; until such a time as the devs 100% fix their server balance/ping/lag/glitched connections.

Otherwise, this game is done.


what is stopping you to fight others then the CSTG guild+allies. i never fight them boring, lagy, and not on when i'm on (that is the biggest reason). I always lag, got high ping auto swing, you don't see me leave (this is cus i'm from the EU and fight on NA) there is only 1 problem players can have with me, i can blink a bit further then normal players, this also suprises me when it happens and it is never positive for either side. but fighting here brings more negative then positive for 1, i can't hit a player who is running away unles i'm right next to him (this problem is duo to lag that forces me to see a afterimage), how to fix? well just learn to ignore the after image and hit slighly infront of that.

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Monco » 08 Jun 2018, 17:28

OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.

source: https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?art=619

6 months later, WE WON!


Trance67
True Believer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Oct 2016, 18:46

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Trance67 » 09 Jun 2018, 18:18

Boy I sure do wonder how they got the idea that people would want to climb into each other's claims in order to cause chaos for enemies.

Good job Devs you've finally added some PvP back into the game.


Tordr86
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 147
Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 12:39

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Tordr86 » 11 Jun 2018, 18:51

Monco wrote:OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.

source: https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?art=619

6 months later, WE WON!

What are you going to do in an empty base tho? You can't loot or destroy stuff. :crazy: :ROFL:

User avatar
HolyAvengerOne
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 09 Sep 2016, 08:45

Re: Current state of the game

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 12 Jun 2018, 01:02

Tordr86 wrote:
Monco wrote:OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.

source: https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?art=619

6 months later, WE WON!

What are you going to do in an empty base tho? You can't loot or destroy stuff. :crazy: :ROFL:


1. Kill players.
2. Logout and then back in when JH starts :D
3. Disturb other claim operations
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)


User avatar
Hodo
 
Posts: 658
Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 23:17

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Hodo » 14 Jun 2018, 17:17

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Tordr86 wrote:
Monco wrote:OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.

source: https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?art=619

6 months later, WE WON!

What are you going to do in an empty base tho? You can't loot or destroy stuff. :crazy: :ROFL:


1. Kill players.
2. Logout and then back in when JH starts :D
3. Disturb other claim operations

LOL sounds like a fun game...

:lol:
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

User avatar
Agathius
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 20:15

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Agathius » 21 Jun 2018, 14:27

8 months later, we won nothing.
JH will not allow door opening, which means everyone will store carts in Wharehouses so we cannot loot. Basically Carts will be the new town claim and you will need to IB a claim still to destroy it.
Only in T1 will you destroy something.

Everything will remain the same, with the small differences of each clan requiring Wharehouses and not needing to make FOB for T1.
And remember the Guild ranking system where only huge claim will IB huge claim? This means it'll take even more time since you can't spamm IB's now. They'll make IB's less frequent but will solve nothing more than that.

Just... No. xD
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Monco » 21 Jun 2018, 23:46

Agathius wrote:8 months later, we won nothing.
JH will not allow door opening, which means everyone will store carts in Wharehouses so we cannot loot. Basically Carts will be the new town claim and you will need to IB a claim still to destroy it.
Only in T1 will you destroy something.

Everything will remain the same, with the small differences of each clan requiring Wharehouses and not needing to make FOB for T1.
And remember the Guild ranking system where only huge claim will IB huge claim? This means it'll take even more time since you can't spamm IB's now. They'll make IB's less frequent but will solve nothing more than that.

Just... No. xD


I agree that in RED servers JH should allow door opening or at least being able to damage a bulding in the town claim just to the point where the door breaks so you're able to run inside to loot / kill.
The meta will most likely be bank claims with tons of warehouses / buildings with door filled with carts in the town claim.
They should have implemented a special warehouse which couldn't be looted by enemies in the town claim and limited the number of that building to 1 per claim if they still wanted the town claim to have something always "safe" until T1. Still exploitable with tons of claims but at least less then this new "loot protection" method which actually narrows the town claim to warehouses / buildings with door.
About the guild ranking system, it's a strange feature but if it helps in reducing the ridicoulus amount of IB spam, that would be great.
I still think that IBs are an horrible feature for a PVP open world sandbox MMORPG and they're obviously only a "bandage" to the fact that the engine and their servers can't handle massive open world PVP.
They should at least remove the remote signup as suggested in the forums back then instead of actually making an "official" window to join IBs, it's a shame to have that for a game like this one, it completely kills territorial warfare because everyone can just join from wherever, and you will most likely always see the same people participating in IBs .
It also kills the amount of content that would generate for actually having to travel to signup, ambushes and shit.
Also not everyone would be up to spend time travelling to join far IBs thus increasing the chance to see new people in IBs instead of the same 50 / 100 veterans from each coalition, thus making guild locations even more important and incentivating territorial warfare.
Apart from the introduction of the arena this new update seems to let us have more focus on Open World PVP with the introduction of outposts, slaves and the fact that boosting and barkboxing are back.
That's actually a step in the right direction imo, because a PVP Open World sandobx MMORPG where the main feature is an instanced battle that can be joined by everyone from everywhere just doesn't work and it's not in line with the general concept of the game.

User avatar
Agathius
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 22 Oct 2016, 20:15

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Agathius » 22 Jun 2018, 11:54

Agreed, IB's are a bad mechanic and, in full honesty, only that ever saving the game is deffo not Instanced Battles and the barren map we have now, moreover the Green and Red system.

I mean come on. So many months did not teach anyone what effect controlled pvp has? No one wants it.

If people want PvP, they want it decisive and meaningful - that's always what most wanted. IB's happen daily but they're not decisive - open world often but it's not decisive either. If people can choose to only pvp in Red, then it is really shit. One word of Green being meta to build on and game is dead already. No Green/Red system will ever save Life is Feudal - and since time often proves the right thing, i'll leave this here and screenshot it x)

What we need is one huge world of Default Red (That should've been how the game is), a huge new map with Outposts patch, and IB having no effect with JH being on town claim, which would only work if everyone was on red and that's how it's supposed to be - in other words, only a huge world of red. Please gib <3
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς


Cenicoemir
True Believer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 Apr 2014, 02:27

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Cenicoemir » 20 Jul 2018, 14:42

Something must be made quickly or the game will die soon.

I know that must be complicated to please everybody, but the game idea is around Hardcore REAL PVP Experience with "PVE" (with inverted commas, because there's no real PVE at this game, the building of bases is for war and not for fun. Maybe some PVE would be great too, the idea of natives is great, especially if they attack our bases randomly and maybe other deadly animals) elements. We have now thousands of huge empty bases that can't be destroyed directly.

We don't need IB's, they're lagged and out of context, if something like this going to work must be in open world against the true base of enemy. From my perspective, the IB looks like a battleground or a map of the arena that you can join for fun and earn something, like coins, cosmetics, etc.

I still think that JH is the best mechs to destroy the enemy base, not a random totem that must be defended. Make the JH more deadly and real. Maybe gates and builds that "open" the door when very damaged, the same for chests, boxes and closed containers. Carts are normally open so if found at open field can be looted... etc...

And about the monument, maybe he can be dropped by some factors like: If the base is heavily damaged (buildings, objects, etc), people from defender's claim dying inside the claim (but raised if kill enemies inside claim), desecration of idols (enemies praying in the defender monument), etc.

Another question is a reason to go out of her bases to a capital city, maybe a bank for personal stuff and coins, profession trainers (like the school mechs with a huge cooldown), black market for anonymous trades (since at least in buyan we have some major alliances that don't trade with enemy, but if don't know from where it comes... there's no problem), etc.

I'm not familiar with the game's code and issues to give possible suggestions, but under player perspective, this is what I can see and think now. I love this game and I'm sure all the people here too, we want to help to keep this game alive, but we don't know what's the problem to made good suggestions, so please be honest with us to give you proper suggestions.

Thank you

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Monco » 20 Jul 2018, 15:47

The game needs something to keep players interested in playing everyday, like a true MMO should do. Even if the game has plenty of issues which supposely the devs are working on, LAG in primis, something else has to be changed / added.
The overall game Economy needs to probably be reworked, but the introduction of some rare and USEFUL materials that can be obtained only in certain areas imo would help, which would create "hotspots" incentivating both "farming" and PvP in those areas.
With the recent update Outposts were supposed to be the "player made hotspots" but they have many problems.
I'm going to list some from the red world perspective.
First of all they help, but they are not so useful or "mandatory", thus after a guild loses one it's very likely that it won't build another one since it's not really needed.
Their damage resistence is too low and it makes it so it's more efficient to destroy them instead of capturing them, and that's a big problem since the "capture game" brings way more continuous PvP content.
The fact that they CAN BE CAPTURED ONLY DURING JUDGEMENT HOUR, that's a big game flaw because you want to have those player made hotspots to keep players logging everyday, to have them to secure and fight for them everyday, to keep the "farming process going".
Having a big daily window in which outposts (supposely being player made hotspots) are CAPTURABLE not destroyable is a great idea so please go on and vote yes to this poll suggestion-daily-outpost-control-t44908/
The fact that too many outposts can be built helps to make each of them less of a hotspot. If outposts were to work as hotspots they should be more limited in numbers, having less of them around would make those around way more appealing and interesting, incentivating both their economy and the PvP situations to control them. Especially RED WORLD ONLY OUTPOSTS should be very limited, 1 per T3 / T4 guild or even one per kingdom would help making Slaves and Barmosag a more valuable and scarce resource. Player made slaves should have their "Enslaved Title" increased to 1 or 2 weeks aswell, helping to reduce the "friendly slave farming" exploit.
So basically in short words if the game wants outposts to be player made hotspots some changes imo should be done, at least from a red world perspective:
-Making a daily window in which outposts can be captured
-Buffing outpost resistence
-Less outposts around means they should be more valuable, especially red world only outposts (the option to build 1 for each type per T4 or T3 claim)

User avatar
HolyAvengerOne
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 09 Sep 2016, 08:45

Re: Current state of the game

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 26 Jul 2018, 02:55

In the end, I think what kinda broke it for me is this whole deal of green/red server transfers and dependencies, and the absence of a strong pvp ruleset in NA. At one point I was thinking it could be ok, that it could work out with the new model, but in the end, it seems like it was the last straw for me.

I've cancelled my premium sub for the time being, since I've stopped logging in, for several weeks now. And I don't know if I will play again.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)



Cenicoemir
True Believer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 Apr 2014, 02:27

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Cenicoemir » 28 Jul 2018, 11:38

We're talking here for none, looks like the devs/mods don't care about our suggestions. It's really sad to see this game reach this point... like a silent hill scenario.

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 5236
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Arrakis » 28 Jul 2018, 22:59

Cenicoemir wrote:We're talking here for none, looks like the devs/mods don't care about our suggestions. It's really sad to see this game reach this point... like a silent hill scenario.

We have proved time and time again that we listen to the community. It's sad to see that suddenly it's being forgotten. We keep tweaking, optimizing and improving game mechanics in a way that both PvP and PvE players can enjoy the game. We keep on working hard and keep releasing new updates as often as possible. We also keep listening to the feedback and ideas that you share with us so we can see what else needs tweaks and improvements. Rest assured that dark scenarios that players keep making since day one will not cross path with the reality.



Cenicoemir
True Believer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 Apr 2014, 02:27

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Cenicoemir » 29 Jul 2018, 02:03

Arrakis wrote:We have proved time and time again that we listen to the community. It's sad to see that suddenly it's being forgotten. We keep tweaking, optimizing and improving game mechanics in a way that both PvP and PvE players can enjoy the game. We keep on working hard and keep releasing new updates as often as possible. We also keep listening to the feedback and ideas that you share with us so we can see what else needs tweaks and improvements. Rest assured that dark scenarios that players keep making since day one will not cross path with the reality.

So, I must turn back my word and apologize because of your feedback and I really hope that the improvements you're working in are enough to restore the player's base and make the game fun again.

The last major update really made the game better, but not enough. Being honest I can't avoid these negative thoughts with the numbers that I see every day and every time a guild member disappear because of the current state of the game and it makes me freak out.

I hope the bitbox can turn back my thoughts in the same way you turned back my words.


P3dr0thor
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Apr 2018, 12:07

Re: Current state of the game

Post by P3dr0thor » 29 Jul 2018, 05:49

When I started playing this game 3 months ago I thought it would be like on the banner on the website ... "Be a great blacksmith", so I entered the game thinking about making good weapons and selling in the city like I did in other MMO's ... More I have gradually discovered that all the guilds are sufficient and do not need market or resources, so I joined a guild, they have 5 castles and their population has decreased from 50 to 8 people who only log in to make the JHs. When I asked the king of the guild, he told me that he does not need PVE because it is very easy to have resources ... When I asked a member of the castle if it is necessary to reinforce the castles of wood and iron, he said that nobody will attack us because it's very easy to get resources ...

So I'm disappointed with the game, I thought it would be an MMO but I feel like I'm playing a The Sims because there are not enough people in the game, the map is a desert, and the big castles have a maximum of 10, 20 people and I can not contribute not at all with the game because the great guilds have everything they need.


SnIpErIT
True Believer
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 20 Mar 2016, 12:21

Re: Current state of the game

Post by SnIpErIT » 01 Aug 2018, 14:30

This game is dead... some mounth ago... the dev, or the publisher, don't listen what the community need, and now the game si gone... My guild is over... my neighbords guilds is over... but not for a fight or a raid.... is over for bored... for completly no sens game mechanics... it is time to find another game. it is time by too much time.


X_Vinny_x
True Believer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 18:14

Re: Current state of the game

Post by X_Vinny_x » 01 Aug 2018, 19:26

Arrakis wrote:
Cenicoemir wrote:We're talking here for none, looks like the devs/mods don't care about our suggestions. It's really sad to see this game reach this point... like a silent hill scenario.

We have proved time and time again that we listen to the community. It's sad to see that suddenly it's being forgotten. We keep tweaking, optimizing and improving game mechanics in a way that both PvP and PvE players can enjoy the game. We keep on working hard and keep releasing new updates as often as possible. We also keep listening to the feedback and ideas that you share with us so we can see what else needs tweaks and improvements. Rest assured that dark scenarios that players keep making since day one will not cross path with the reality.


I beg of you, look at my combat suggestion. I guarantee that if the combat controls/animations looked and felt more fluid, the game's combat would be at 100 percent. If players had full control of their hit direction at all times, and blocking was more reliable (I can never trust blocking maybe I'm doing it wrong, and after a swing it takes a second to block again), then the game wouldn't be lacking in, my opinion, its most important aspect. Maybe make perfect parry's not inhibit your ability to block, and only slow you down half way (to keep fluidity). Plus the transitions between swings and a lot of the animations in general should be improved in my opinion, to make the game feel life-like. Look at it this way, when combat actually starts feeling like a working system, player's will for sure start coming in and paying for this game. Something about fluidity makes games thrive mark my words!

I want to use Gloria Victis as an example. The game used to be struggling when it came to combat. It looked like absolute trash and the devs changed in to make it look almost like-like. Please look up the old vs. new version I really want you to see what I'm talking about. Thank you for reading.


RorikOneEye
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 12:50

Re: Current state of the game

Post by RorikOneEye » 09 Aug 2018, 10:19

Of all people in my guild I am the designated builder ! Spent so many time on trading regional resources ,shaping stone , burning clay! I would hate to see my stuff destroyed but I must agre there is no point in this massive carebear system becouse this is "feudal " game ! I PVP only when I have to and we in war status!Even on Rp servers , there is NONE reprocusion in bad politics! Basicaly u can tell people to fuck off and there is virtualy nothing they can do! Lack of open world fights and rp as actual bandit (on rp servers) WILL RUIN this game!


Dorin_Eagleyes
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 18:54

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Dorin_Eagleyes » 10 Aug 2018, 18:23

Stamina changes to crafting are what finally drove me away. I understand that it's to encourage the use of outposts and slaves so those who play on the Red servers have a market, but only being able to carve 4 shaped stones, or grind four flour at a time has killed it for me. I have even canceled my subscription because they made crafting and building even more tedious. Go ahead and call me carebear or whatever, but when there's less than 2k players all total, every change that drives one away is a bad change.


Sunleader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Sunleader » 18 Aug 2018, 04:24

Arrakis wrote:
Cenicoemir wrote:We're talking here for none, looks like the devs/mods don't care about our suggestions. It's really sad to see this game reach this point... like a silent hill scenario.

We have proved time and time again that we listen to the community. It's sad to see that suddenly it's being forgotten. We keep tweaking, optimizing and improving game mechanics in a way that both PvP and PvE players can enjoy the game. We keep on working hard and keep releasing new updates as often as possible. We also keep listening to the feedback and ideas that you share with us so we can see what else needs tweaks and improvements. Rest assured that dark scenarios that players keep making since day one will not cross path with the reality.


Fun but True.
Its not so much the Devs which dont Listen.
But the Community which does often not Respond.

Strangely enough. Posting Suggestions and Complains has a Fair Chance to Lead to Improvement or at least towards the Devs mentioning the Topic to be something they are thinking about later on.

So for anyone being here for a while its Fairly Obvious that the Devs indeed seem to Read and Listen to what the Community brings up.

But just like most other Games.
Actual Responses from the Devs are Rare.
In other Games however Topics will often be kept alife for long due to other Users Responding and Discussing.

In this Game however this is not the case.
Most Suggestions just remain a 1 Post Topic for their Entire Time.
Thus giving People the Feeling that they have been Ignored.
Even tough the People that really ignored them never had any influence on the Devs reading or considering it anyways.


Sunleader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Sunleader » 18 Aug 2018, 04:38

RorikOneEye wrote:Of all people in my guild I am the designated builder ! Spent so many time on trading regional resources ,shaping stone , burning clay! I would hate to see my stuff destroyed but I must agre there is no point in this massive carebear system becouse this is "feudal " game ! I PVP only when I have to and we in war status!Even on Rp servers , there is NONE reprocusion in bad politics! Basicaly u can tell people to fuck off and there is virtualy nothing they can do! Lack of open world fights and rp as actual bandit (on rp servers) WILL RUIN this game!


Factually Wrong.
Even on RP Server if you Piss of a Guild that is Stronger then you. They can Really Hurt you.

They can come around to Kill you.
They can Challenge you to Battles to Reduce your Claims Size.



And for the remaining Green Servers that do have a JH it is in Fact so that if a Large Guild really wants to Destroy another Guild.
They can in Fact do that.


Because they can Build their own Monument there and Build it up to Challenge that Guilds Rule of the Territory.
Then Conquer the Territory with IBs and Degrade the Enemy Monument into T1 and then Destroy it during JH as its inside their Influenze Zone.







To begin with tough.
I am again Impressed at how People can always be so Illogical and think that Reducing Protection for Peoples Assets would in any way Increase PvP.

Somehow People always think that when you remove the Places where People can Hide from PvP. They will come out and suddenly become PvP Fighters and Participate in PvP Combat.

But thats just not how it works. Because there is one Hiding Place that no Game Dev can Fix or prevent.
And thats not Playing the Game.
And this is exactly what Happens when you take away Ingame hiding Places.

People who dont want to do PvP and thus Hide.
Wont do PvP. As simple as that.
By taking away the Hiding Places you dont make em come out and do PvP.
You just make em Log Off and leave the Game.



Same for Asset Destruction.
Somehow People think oh yeah if we make Peoples Assets Vulnearble they will surely be there to Defend them and Rebuild them all the Time when they are Destroyed to then Defend them again.

Just again. This is not how this Works.
A Small Group of People cannot Possibly Defend their Assets against an Organized Attack from PvPers.
They stand no Chance.
So either their Assets are protected by the Game. Or their Assets will be Gone sooner or later.
And they wont Rebuild something they know they cannot possibly defend anyways.
So them losing their Assets will simply take away their Reason to ever Log back into the Game.




Fun Fact for you Guys.
The more Protection there is in a Game to avoid PvP.
The Larger the Pool of People that might Potentially leave and Try PvP becomes.
And the Larger the Pool of People is. The more People will in Fact be out there to Fight others.

Having PvP a thing that People can do at will and avoid at will.
Might mean that out of 5000 Players only about 1000 will do PvP.
But when you Force People into PvP you will end up with 500 Players Total and in Fact have less PvP then before.

User avatar
WestArcher
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 02 Jul 2016, 17:04

Re: Current state of the game

Post by WestArcher » 18 Aug 2018, 14:10

Sunleader wrote:A Small Group of People cannot Possibly Defend their Assets against an Organized Attack from PvPers.
They stand no Chance.

That's how it's supposed to work, either group up with a larger/better group or get wiped, and there's nothing wrong with this.
How can anyone possibly think they can make it as a small group without making friends with a larger alliance and moving close to them. This is a rare case anyways as most alliances and pvp players generally have much bigger fish to fry and JH time is precious. These groups tend to get left alone unless they're too close to other groups
Good luck ever holding an outpost though

Sunleader wrote:Fun Fact for you Guys.
The more Protection there is in a Game to avoid PvP.
The Larger the Pool of People that might Potentially leave and Try PvP becomes.

are you serious about that?
Claims already have an insane amount of protection even on red servers, you really can't do much to a claim during JH unless you reduce the claim to T1, most people don't even bother. The best you can do is jump the walls and even then it's usually just a few pks on unprepared opponents if you're lucky enough to even see anyone. Yet we lose more and more players each day.

I do like the JH system though, as it prevents being "off-lined"
Having a scheduled time of day where people can destroy things and cause all sorts of ruckus is nice as it also greatly increases the chance defenders will be online and ready to fight back, however it's only a few days a week. Daily content is required.


Sunleader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Sunleader » 18 Aug 2018, 23:54

WestArcher wrote:
Sunleader wrote:A Small Group of People cannot Possibly Defend their Assets against an Organized Attack from PvPers.
They stand no Chance.

That's how it's supposed to work, either group up with a larger/better group or get wiped, and there's nothing wrong with this.
How can anyone possibly think they can make it as a small group without making friends with a larger alliance and moving close to them. This is a rare case anyways as most alliances and pvp players generally have much bigger fish to fry and JH time is precious. These groups tend to get left alone unless they're too close to other groups
Good luck ever holding an outpost though

Sunleader wrote:Fun Fact for you Guys.
The more Protection there is in a Game to avoid PvP.
The Larger the Pool of People that might Potentially leave and Try PvP becomes.

are you serious about that?
Claims already have an insane amount of protection even on red servers, you really can't do much to a claim during JH unless you reduce the claim to T1, most people don't even bother. The best you can do is jump the walls and even then it's usually just a few pks on unprepared opponents if you're lucky enough to even see anyone. Yet we lose more and more players each day.

I do like the JH system though, as it prevents being "off-lined"
Having a scheduled time of day where people can destroy things and cause all sorts of ruckus is nice as it also greatly increases the chance defenders will be online and ready to fight back, however it's only a few days a week. Daily content is required.



1.
Then the Game is Supposed to be Dead.
Congratulations.
The Game is then going exactly the way its supposed to go :)
Because you see.
If the Game is supposed to be a Battle Royale Arena where only the Strongest keeps standing then its Logical that the Games Population Continues Dropping till its down to just 1 Guild per Server.
Because there is always a Larger and Stronger Group then you :)



2.
Question of Scale my Friend.
A Guild needs Months to Build up a Proper Fortress in a Guild Claim.
Yet you seriously Demand that you can Destroy it in a few Days ?
Of course even on a Red Server it will take a Long War to Bring down a Big Fortress.
If you could just Destroy a Big Fortress that took more than 6 Months to Build in but a week or two. Then Nobody would ever bother Building something.


And I am not saying to Increase Protection further than it is right now.
I am saying that it should not be Reduced.
Because to repeat myself from above.
If something a Guild needed Months to Build can be Destroyed in a few Weeks then Sorry but nobody will ever Build anything that takes more than a Day.

If you want an PvP Arena Game go Play War of the Roses or something.
Or get on a Lif-YO Server where Skills and Base Building is done within 2 or 3 days and the Server is Wiped after 2 Weeks.



3.
Factually Wrong.
After the Update which Established Green Servers as Safe.
The Player Numbers have not only Stopped Decreasing.
We even got a few Players Back.
And since then the population has Stabilized.

The next Few Patches will decide wether or not we will go upwards again or downwards.
And I already know. Should Protection be Reduced we will immediately fall into Downwards trends again.

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Monco » 19 Aug 2018, 02:12

Sunleader wrote:Fun but True.
Its not so much the Devs which dont Listen.
But the Community which does often not Respond.

Strangely enough. Posting Suggestions and Complains has a Fair Chance to Lead to Improvement or at least towards the Devs mentioning the Topic to be something they are thinking about later on.

So for anyone being here for a while its Fairly Obvious that the Devs indeed seem to Read and Listen to what the Community brings up.

But just like most other Games.
Actual Responses from the Devs are Rare.
In other Games however Topics will often be kept alife for long due to other Users Responding and Discussing.

In this Game however this is not the case.
Most Suggestions just remain a 1 Post Topic for their Entire Time.
Thus giving People the Feeling that they have been Ignored.
Even tough the People that really ignored them never had any influence on the Devs reading or considering it anyways.


The forum used to be way more popular back in February and March then it became less and less active basically following the leaving playerbase.
The more player left the more the forum went inactive, pretty normal i would say.
Also most discussions are made in the official Life is Feudal discord, some people actually don't bother going on the forum at all.

Sunleader wrote:To begin with tough.
I am again Impressed at how People can always be so Illogical and think that Reducing Protection for Peoples Assets would in any way Increase PvP.

Somehow People always think that when you remove the Places where People can Hide from PvP. They will come out and suddenly become PvP Fighters and Participate in PvP Combat.

But thats just not how it works. Because there is one Hiding Place that no Game Dev can Fix or prevent.
And thats not Playing the Game.
And this is exactly what Happens when you take away Ingame hiding Places.

People who dont want to do PvP and thus Hide.
Wont do PvP. As simple as that.
By taking away the Hiding Places you dont make em come out and do PvP.
You just make em Log Off and leave the Game.


The same thing applies to PvP players, if they feel that the game is too limited and overprotective towards players they will just leave, you can't cater to both "audiences" in the same environment, either you cater to one, or make both unhappy trying to please both.
You can also create two different environments but they should not be able to interact between them or it's very likely it's going to be exploited.

Sunleader wrote:A Small Group of People cannot Possibly Defend their Assets against an Organized Attack from PvPers.
They stand no Chance.
So either their Assets are protected by the Game. Or their Assets will be Gone sooner or later.
And they wont Rebuild something they know they cannot possibly defend anyways.
So them losing their Assets will simply take away their Reason to ever Log back into the Game.


You're saying that a small amount of people won't be able to stand a chance against a big amount of people, and that is true in most cases and isn't even so wrong generally, given the fact that the bigger force should be able to use their number as an advantage.
An anti-zerg mechanic wouldn't be too bad but "Assets" are still overprotected even in RED servers, town claims are still a complete safezone until you get downgraded to Tier 1, buildings such as warehouses can't even be looted and doors can't be opened, pretty strange and doesn't seem to cater to the average "RED or PvP" player.

Sunleader wrote:Fun Fact for you Guys.
The more Protection there is in a Game to avoid PvP.
The Larger the Pool of People that might Potentially leave and Try PvP becomes.
And the Larger the Pool of People is. The more People will in Fact be out there to Fight others.
Having PvP a thing that People can do at will and avoid at will.
Might mean that out of 5000 Players only about 1000 will do PvP.
But when you Force People into PvP you will end up with 500 Players Total and in Fact have less PvP then before.


That statement is completely wrong, the more layer of protection there is the more the PvP aspect of the game is limited, given the fact that you can't PvP in a protected environment.
"Having PvP a thing that People can do at will and avoid at will."
That would not only be very unattractive to the average PvP player but it would also be very dangerous because it would be easily exploitable.
Also i see that you're going back to the theory of PvP Players kill the game, a statement that Bobik apparently shares with you with his "Sheep and Wolf" theory.
He believed that Wolves would have eaten all sheeps, in his game aswell, leading to a massive population drop, but what he didn't realize is that most guilds are composed of both Sheep and Wolves and you don't just have ones on one side and others on the other one, so basically sheeps and wolves are cooperating.
That is why I and many others believe that his theory is wrong and it doesn't actually exist in a game like life is feudal.
What made the population massively drop were not "bad wolves" but instead important core game issues such as lag and stability, non working economy, horrible new player experience and general lack of content (especially towards the endgame) to name a few.

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Monco » 19 Aug 2018, 03:09

Sunleader wrote:1.
Then the Game is Supposed to be Dead.
Congratulations.
The Game is then going exactly the way its supposed to go :)
Because you see.
If the Game is supposed to be a Battle Royale Arena where only the Strongest keeps standing then its Logical that the Games Population Continues Dropping till its down to just 1 Guild per Server.
Because there is always a Larger and Stronger Group then you :)

2.
Question of Scale my Friend.
A Guild needs Months to Build up a Proper Fortress in a Guild Claim.
Yet you seriously Demand that you can Destroy it in a few Days ?
Of course even on a Red Server it will take a Long War to Bring down a Big Fortress.
If you could just Destroy a Big Fortress that took more than 6 Months to Build in but a week or two. Then Nobody would ever bother Building something.

And I am not saying to Increase Protection further than it is right now.
I am saying that it should not be Reduced.
Because to repeat myself from above.
If something a Guild needed Months to Build can be Destroyed in a few Weeks then Sorry but nobody will ever Build anything that takes more than a Day.

If you want an PvP Arena Game go Play War of the Roses or something.
Or get on a Lif-YO Server where Skills and Base Building is done within 2 or 3 days and the Server is Wiped after 2 Weeks.

Very few active guilds saw their base being destroyed in the RED server but that's literally what the game is about, it's within the concept of the game that at some point someone will have to be sieged, given the fact that sieges are the ultimate endgame content.
Anyways some of those who saw their base being destroyed didn't actually quit the game but just decided to relocate somewhere else or change faction, so you can't assume that the destruction of a base will always lead to less players playing the game.
Also you're still seeing the "Sheep and Wolf" or a base loss as the main game issue which leads to player loss while in fact you are absolutely wrong because the majority of people that left actually did it for different reasons, we didn't see thousands of players being sieged.

Sunleader wrote:3.
Factually Wrong.
After the Update which Established Green Servers as Safe.
The Player Numbers have not only Stopped Decreasing.
We even got a few Players Back.
And since then the population has Stabilized.

The next Few Patches will decide wether or not we will go upwards again or downwards.
And I already know. Should Protection be Reduced we will immediately fall into Downwards trends again.


You are absolutely wrong, the population hit a "stable number" since the end of may basically and the population is definitely not increasing.
Take a look at steam charts for example
https://steamcharts.com/app/700030#All
Also what will decide if the game will gain or lose people especially in the long term, is not "scale of protection" but instead fixing core issues such as lag and stability, economy and a good newbie experience to name a few.
You can have unrestricted PvP with no protection but if the game is laggy and not stable it still won't be appealing to PvP players, you can have good or excessive layers of protection but if the economy isn't working properly PvE players can't trade effectively, if the newbie player experience is not good you will only have few players getting into the game without abandoning it in the first 10 hours.


Sunleader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Sunleader » 19 Aug 2018, 06:44

Monco wrote:....


1.
I have been around for a while.
And from my Experience this Forum was never really Active.
Suggestions always stayed Single Entry Posts.
With a few Exceptions where you got maybe 2 or 3 answers most of which did not even bother reading the Post...

2.
True. But here is another Fun Fact for you.
The PvE Playerbase can easily Exist and Strife without the PvP Playerbase.
Which never happens of course because a PvE Playerbase always not only attracts a PvP Playerbase but also has a small Conversion rate from Players who Try out PvP or Join Groups for PvP etc etc.
Thats why the Big MMOs all employ Systems where the most of the World is 100% and you got PvP Zones instead.
Because this way the Population grows and the Part of this Population doing PvP always has enough Opponents.

The PvP Playerbase on the other Hand cannot Exist alone in such Games.
They are too few and spend too little time in the game as that they can handle grinding and then go PvP on top of it.
Thats why PvP Arena Games will not include Grinding and simply offer everything as Reward for Battle instead.
Thus there being no need for PvE Grind.

Life is Feudal however is not an PvP Arena.
Its System requires a ton of PvE Work.
So in this Game you will never get even 10% of the Population you need if you cater to the PvP Players.

3.
Its not really Importand if its small or big.
And a Zerging Protection wont help either.
You See Mate the Simple and Undeniable Facts are.
That a Battle Royale where only thus who keep Winning keep their Assets there is always People losing their Assets.
It doesnt matter if its Zerg, Small or Large Group or even Single Combat.
The moment the Loser Loses his Stuff the game Sux and will Die.
Because if two Sides Fight one Side will Lose.
End of Story.

And Losing their Assets causes 90% of the Players in that Guild to Quit the Game out of Frustration.

It doesnt matter if they lose to a Larger Guild or due to Lack of Skill.
It doesnt matter if they got Zerged and just Defeated on the Field.

The Fact is. There is ALWAYS someone who will Defeat you and Destroy your Stuff except for a very veeeery few People on the Server.

And worse. Since other Groups have to Start from Scratch this does not only mean that the Server basicly gets Emptier and Emptier as each time a War is lost the Losers Quit the Game.
But there wont be any New Players either. Because new Groups dont even stand a Chance at all as they will just get Deleted before they ever pose a Threat.


4.
Nope.
Its a Simple Fact Proven in Tons of Succesful Games.
Maybe Check the Big Successes in MMORPGs.
All of them without exception work by giving extensive PvP Protection and make PvP Optional.

Good example Look at Silkroad.
A large Part of the Game is about PvP.
Yet your not Forced to do PvP at all.

Instead they got Regionals down right.
Because in Silkroad Regional Ressources aint used to Build something but can be Traded between Cities.
And if you go over a Threshold you get more Money but also can get Targeted and Looted in PvP.

This way People will over and over try PvP but are not Forced into it.
Thats why the Game Works and Succeeds.

The same would be fairly easy in Life is Feudal to be Honest.
Regionals could just be some Wares that can be Produced only in a Certain Region and that can be Sold in the Capital City.
This would mean that by Default Players from all Regions would have a Large Money Incentive to Trade with the Capital City and thus provide Open World PvP targets.


5.
Its not.
And it will never Be.
Because as I said above.
There is few things which Guarantee the Player to Leave a Game Permanently as reliably as Destroying their Stuff in a Game.

People seem to have gotten the Idea from Lif-YO PvP Servers where Building a Castle is done in a few Days and can then be Sieged.

But in the MMO it takes Months to Build a Castle.
And its pretty obvious that Destroying them is an Option that costs just as much as Building one.

Which is not Surprising because otherwise this Game would be Empty within Weeks.

And yes. Some of those.
Maybe 5-10%
The Rest Quit.
Thats why we went from 5k Players to 500 Players.


6.
Factually Wrong.
If you Check Steam Charts you Posted yourself.
You notice that the Game Steadily Lost 20-30% of its Playerbase each Month.
And in July when the Update Hit.
Suddenly its got near 10% Increase.
The Number for the last 30 Days has since moved around slightly between +2% and -5%

If you call a 25% Loss of Players we had between May and June Stable then something is wrong with your Head....






You can try to Turn it around all you want.
But the Fact Remains that Losing stuff is Frustrating.
And a Game that Frustrates its Players

SUCKS!!!

Thats why such Games Die.



Here.
https://steamcharts.com/app/287920

Great Game.
Awesome Crafting Mechanics.
Awesome Direct Combat System.
Allows for Base Building albeit not the Scale of Life is Feudal.
Actually Superior to Life is Feudal in Building Countries because you can Increase your Influence Zone by Building Outposts thus shaping your Empire.
In Terms of General Game Mechanics the Game can Hold the Candle to Life is Feudal.

The Game has just one Problem.
No Asset Protection and no Safezones.
NPC Cities are Guarded to different Degrees but even there you can be Killed.

Thats why in this Game what happened is exactly what I am telling you will happen in this Game.

The Battle Royale is over and the Playerbase has Died.
Ever since the Game is sitting on a Super low Playerbase because nobody will ever get a Foot in the Door as anyone ever getting Big enough to one of the Large Guilds is Simply Crushed and thrown out of the Game.

Mortal Online is a Great Example on where Life is Feudal will End if they Listen to Suggestions like yours to reduce Asset Protection etc.

User avatar
Monco
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Oct 2017, 19:33

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Monco » 19 Aug 2018, 14:35

Sunleader wrote:...


If you really believe that the game had a huge population drop due to "people losing their base" then you are just lying to yourself, if you take Avalon for example simply not enough bases have been destroyed to even take in consideration such theory.
I'm telling you once again that the population drop was mainly caused by core game issues, whose fixing should be priority to be able to have a proper game that is working as intended.
If you genuinely believe that the game would attract people with massive layers of protection, limitations and restriction to PvP when PvP is the only real endgame by game design, the only content you're left with after the building phase, then I think you don't know what you're talking about.
The game doesn't offer you ANY PvE content once you're done with the building phase and relies on players to make their own content either with RP, PvP or RPPvP.
The game is a completely player driven sandbox mmorpg if you build stuff just for the sake of it the game just won't work, and would not attract enough people because only a very small amount of players would be interested in such a game.
Take a look on how they advertise their own game:
"Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids, complex crafting and an unforgiven no-target, physics-based combat system are just some of features that add to the testing nature of Life is Feudal."
-from https://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info
Why do you think they highlight such features, maybe because that is what makes this game interesting?
I don't see them advertising their game with something like:"Restricted PvP, limited and consensual sieges or raids, excessive protections and massive safezones, indestructible castles"
Maybe because that would not be attractive to the majority of players and would be boring? especially in a game that has no pure PvE content (apart from hunting but it's minimal), only crafting and building.
You literally grind, build and craft to get to the endgame which by game design is "PvP related stuff", you build your castle to protect yourself from other players and craft gear and materials to be able to face your enemies it's the simple game design.
The concept of the game is not about grinding for the sake of grinding or building for the sake of building.
You can take a look at the crafting skills and you will see that most of the final ones have to do with "PvP related stuff", warfare engineering, warhorse training, armorsmithing.
It is obvious that the endgame, purely by game concept, is "PvP related stuff" such as sieges, battles and raids.
Would that cause assets to be destroyed and people to be killed? Yes and that is fine, you can't have indestructible assets and have the game work as intended at the same time, it just won't work.
Also about the steam charts i posted you can clearly see that the population has been stable (and low) since the end of may
https://steamcharts.com/app/700030#3m


Sunleader
 
Posts: 165
Joined: 04 Dec 2017, 08:23

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Sunleader » 19 Aug 2018, 17:37

Monco wrote:
Sunleader wrote:...


If you really believe that the game had a huge population drop due to "people losing their base" then you are just lying to yourself, if you take Avalon for example simply not enough bases have been destroyed to even take in consideration such theory.
I'm telling you once again that the population drop was mainly caused by core game issues, whose fixing should be priority to be able to have a proper game that is working as intended.
If you genuinely believe that the game would attract people with massive layers of protection, limitations and restriction to PvP when PvP is the only real endgame by game design, the only content you're left with after the building phase, then I think you don't know what you're talking about.
The game doesn't offer you ANY PvE content once you're done with the building phase and relies on players to make their own content either with RP, PvP or RPPvP.
The game is a completely player driven sandbox mmorpg if you build stuff just for the sake of it the game just won't work, and would not attract enough people because only a very small amount of players would be interested in such a game.
Take a look on how they advertise their own game:
"Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids, complex crafting and an unforgiven no-target, physics-based combat system are just some of features that add to the testing nature of Life is Feudal."
-from https://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info
Why do you think they highlight such features, maybe because that is what makes this game interesting?
I don't see them advertising their game with something like:"Restricted PvP, limited and consensual sieges or raids, excessive protections and massive safezones, indestructible castles"
Maybe because that would not be attractive to the majority of players and would be boring? especially in a game that has no pure PvE content (apart from hunting but it's minimal), only crafting and building.
You literally grind, build and craft to get to the endgame which by game design is "PvP related stuff", you build your castle to protect yourself from other players and craft gear and materials to be able to face your enemies it's the simple game design.
The concept of the game is not about grinding for the sake of grinding or building for the sake of building.
You can take a look at the crafting skills and you will see that most of the final ones have to do with "PvP related stuff", warfare engineering, warhorse training, armorsmithing.
It is obvious that the endgame, purely by game concept, is "PvP related stuff" such as sieges, battles and raids.
Would that cause assets to be destroyed and people to be killed? Yes and that is fine, you can't have indestructible assets and have the game work as intended at the same time, it just won't work.
Also about the steam charts i posted you can clearly see that the population has been stable (and low) since the end of may
https://steamcharts.com/app/700030#3m


1.
It did.
See Mate.
A Friend of Mine. A PvP Player, actually Summarized this really Good when he threw the Game to the Trash.

"When I want to Play a Game I want to Have Fun and not Spend Hours doing nothing. In this Game each Time I die I lose Hours of Progress that I have to do again.

Sorry. But if I want to work I got more than enough of that sitting here and will even get Paid for it"

Loss of Progress is a Surefire way to make People leave the Game.
Thats why Asset Protection is Incredible Importand.

And this goes from very small to very Big.
Some People will Quit even if they just lose the Steel Tools and Equipment they managed to Finally get after Weeks of Grinding.
While others might only Quit if they seriously lost the entire Fortress their Clan Build up.

But Fact remains. Losing your Progress and the stuff you worked hard for is very Frustrating.
The more you worked for it the more Frustrating it is to lose it.

And removing or just weakening Asset Protection means you turn the Game into a Battle Royale like Mortal Online.
Where at some Point only the Few Strongest Remain on Server and everyone else is gone.

Thats why PvP Servers with Asset Destruction work by Regular Wiping the Server.
So Players get a new Chance to become this Ruling Guild and you dont end up with a Permanent Group of 50 Players that just keeps everyone else out of the Game.


2.
What PvP Players care for is to have People to Fight.
For them the Enjoyable Part of the Game is Fighting.
Thing is. PvE Players dont want to Fight. They Enjoy Building Stuff etc.

And well here is the Catch. If you want to make both Happy you need to have so much Protection for the PvE Community that it Grows to a level where it not only can Support and Economy where PvPers get their Equipment etc Cheap enough to lose it in Fights. But most of all you need to Grow it far enough that you have a Large enough Population that PvPers find Targets without ending up bashing the same few People so often that they Quit the Game in Frustration.



3.
Things Change Mate.
This Advertising is the Text they already got back in the Day.
And guess what.
IT FAILED.

Thats why the Devs decided to go a New Way.
And it was High Time.

Also what your writing there is Bullcrab.

Sieges are not Consensual.
Castles are not Indestructible.
Raids aint Consensual either.
PvP is fairly Unrestricted.
There is no Massive Safezones and the Protections are Limited.

But a Castle that took 6 Months to Build will need 6 Months of Sieging to be Destroyed.
Sieges Require alot of Ressources and Time (albeit still nowhere close to what Building a Castle has Cost)
Raids are Limited to being Raids. So you can just go ahead and Destroy the Castle during a Raid. Because that would be Conquering.
PvP is Unrestricted but has Consequences.
And the part about Massive Safezones and Protections is just Bullcrab you made up. There is a Single Safezone in the Center City and you cant do anything in it.


4.
Ok Now that Statement is Seriously Bullcrab.
The Game has alot of Pure PvE Content actually.
90% of the Game is PvE to be Honest....
Albeit I am not Surprised.
Another Fun Fact of this World.
You PvP Folks for some Reason dont even consider anything thats not Combat Related as Content.
Hell in this Game just to get Basic PvP Equipment you need to Grind PvE Content for Weeks to get the Crafting Skills, Materials and Buildings you need to make Armor and Weapons.
And Producing a Single Armor and Weapon takes 2-3 Hours of work if you include the Mining, Smelting, Raising Animals, Tanning Leather etc etc etc.

I would of course also like if they Finally got the Natives out so we get some PvE Combat going.
But saying that there is no PvE Content or Endgame Content is just Bullcrab.
I would take Bets that even the Pure PvP Guilds still Spend way more time on PvE than on PvP.

Needless to say that all building Stuff is essentially Pure PvE Content as well.


5.
Sorry but as I said.
If you consider a 25% Loss of Playerbase as Stable then Something Wrong with your Head.
Imagine 25% of the People in your Country Died.
Thats hardly a Stable Population lol.....

And Mate.
I Repeat my Answer from before.

If the Game is Intended to have Asset Destruction and Players constantly losing their Progress in Sieges etc.
Then the Game is Intended to Die.

As Simple as That.

You cannot have a Game with a Large Population when the Game only Allows the Strongest Player Group to Enjoy the Game without being Frustrated.

I Showed you Mortal Online.
Go Play it.
It has exactly the things that you Claim you want to have here.

Return to General Discussion