Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Arevin

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Arevin » 23 Apr 2018, 13:37

Mahtafa wrote:
Araevin wrote: The instant fix is this - remove the Chinese players from all non-Chinese servers.

dont think the chinese would take that too well, seeing as theres less than 500 players in their servers lol

No one should be worried about their feelings. The game devs should be worried about fairness across the board for all players on all servers. Right now, the situation with Chinese players on Non-Chinese servers is degrading the game, causing people to quit. That is something worth worrying about.

DeddoTenshi

Post by DeddoTenshi » 23 Apr 2018, 20:39

Araevin wrote:The instant fix is this - remove the Chinese players from all non-Chinese servers. Do it now, NA and EU players will be happy to fight each other; until such a time as the devs 100% fix their server balance/ping/lag/glitched connections.

Otherwise, this game is done.

what is stopping you to fight others then the CSTG guild+allies. i never fight them boring, lagy, and not on when i'm on (that is the biggest reason). I always lag, got high ping auto swing, you don't see me leave (this is cus i'm from the EU and fight on NA) there is only 1 problem players can have with me, i can blink a bit further then normal players, this also suprises me when it happens and it is never positive for either side. but fighting here brings more negative then positive for 1, i can't hit a player who is running away unles i'm right next to him (this problem is duo to lag that forces me to see a afterimage), how to fix? well just learn to ignore the after image and hit slighly infront of that.

Monco

Post by Monco » 08 Jun 2018, 17:28

OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.

source: https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?art=619

6 months later, WE WON!

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 09 Jun 2018, 18:18

Boy I sure do wonder how they got the idea that people would want to climb into each other's claims in order to cause chaos for enemies.

Good job Devs you've finally added some PvP back into the game.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 11 Jun 2018, 18:51

Monco wrote:OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.

6 months later, WE WON!

What are you going to do in an empty base tho? You can't loot or destroy stuff. :crazy: :ROFL:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 12 Jun 2018, 01:02

Tordr86 wrote:
Monco wrote:OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.

6 months later, WE WON!

What are you going to do in an empty base tho? You can't loot or destroy stuff. :crazy: :ROFL:

1. Kill players.
2. Logout and then back in when JH starts :D
3. Disturb other claim operations
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 14 Jun 2018, 17:17

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Tordr86 wrote:

6 months later, WE WON!

1. Kill players.
2. Logout and then back in when JH starts :D
3. Disturb other claim operations

LOL sounds like a fun game...

:lol:
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 21 Jun 2018, 14:27

8 months later, we won nothing.
JH will not allow door opening, which means everyone will store carts in Wharehouses so we cannot loot. Basically Carts will be the new town claim and you will need to IB a claim still to destroy it.
Only in T1 will you destroy something.

Everything will remain the same, with the small differences of each clan requiring Wharehouses and not needing to make FOB for T1.
And remember the Guild ranking system where only huge claim will IB huge claim? This means it'll take even more time since you can't spamm IB's now. They'll make IB's less frequent but will solve nothing more than that.

Just... No. xD
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Monco

Post by Monco » 21 Jun 2018, 23:46

Agathius wrote:8 months later, we won nothing.
JH will not allow door opening, which means everyone will store carts in Wharehouses so we cannot loot. Basically Carts will be the new town claim and you will need to IB a claim still to destroy it.
Only in T1 will you destroy something.

Everything will remain the same, with the small differences of each clan requiring Wharehouses and not needing to make FOB for T1.
And remember the Guild ranking system where only huge claim will IB huge claim? This means it'll take even more time since you can't spamm IB's now. They'll make IB's less frequent but will solve nothing more than that.

Just... No. xD

I agree that in RED servers JH should allow door opening or at least being able to damage a bulding in the town claim just to the point where the door breaks so you're able to run inside to loot / kill.
The meta will most likely be bank claims with tons of warehouses / buildings with door filled with carts in the town claim.
They should have implemented a special warehouse which couldn't be looted by enemies in the town claim and limited the number of that building to 1 per claim if they still wanted the town claim to have something always "safe" until T1. Still exploitable with tons of claims but at least less then this new "loot protection" method which actually narrows the town claim to warehouses / buildings with door.
About the guild ranking system, it's a strange feature but if it helps in reducing the ridicoulus amount of IB spam, that would be great.
I still think that IBs are an horrible feature for a PVP open world sandbox MMORPG and they're obviously only a "bandage" to the fact that the engine and their servers can't handle massive open world PVP.
They should at least remove the remote signup as suggested in the forums back then instead of actually making an "official" window to join IBs, it's a shame to have that for a game like this one, it completely kills territorial warfare because everyone can just join from wherever, and you will most likely always see the same people participating in IBs .
It also kills the amount of content that would generate for actually having to travel to signup, ambushes and shit.
Also not everyone would be up to spend time travelling to join far IBs thus increasing the chance to see new people in IBs instead of the same 50 / 100 veterans from each coalition, thus making guild locations even more important and incentivating territorial warfare.
Apart from the introduction of the arena this new update seems to let us have more focus on Open World PVP with the introduction of outposts, slaves and the fact that boosting and barkboxing are back.
That's actually a step in the right direction imo, because a PVP Open World sandobx MMORPG where the main feature is an instanced battle that can be joined by everyone from everywhere just doesn't work and it's not in line with the general concept of the game.

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 22 Jun 2018, 11:54

Agreed, IB's are a bad mechanic and, in full honesty, only that ever saving the game is deffo not Instanced Battles and the barren map we have now, moreover the Green and Red system.

I mean come on. So many months did not teach anyone what effect controlled pvp has? No one wants it.

If people want PvP, they want it decisive and meaningful - that's always what most wanted. IB's happen daily but they're not decisive - open world often but it's not decisive either. If people can choose to only pvp in Red, then it is really shit. One word of Green being meta to build on and game is dead already. No Green/Red system will ever save Life is Feudal - and since time often proves the right thing, i'll leave this here and screenshot it x)

What we need is one huge world of Default Red (That should've been how the game is), a huge new map with Outposts patch, and IB having no effect with JH being on town claim, which would only work if everyone was on red and that's how it's supposed to be - in other words, only a huge world of red. Please gib <3
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Return to General Discussion