"Vikings" season 2 finale!

Why this game is better than any other.
Arrakis

"Vikings" season 2 finale!

Post by Arrakis » 02 May 2014, 13:00

Hey guys, have you been watching "Vikings" series? I pretty much love that show and I was really, really surprised (in positive way) at the season 2 finale. I am really excited to see next season, which will come in 2015. That's a long time to wait and it's really painful, but this is really great show and I will wait.

Warning! Spoilers below!
Spoiler

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: "Vikings" season 2 finale!

Post by Siegbert » 02 May 2014, 13:04

I watched some episodes of the first season but was pretty much turned off by some of those logical holes in the story.

Also I don't like it when people are all pretty in a historical series... In Game of Thrones most characters look like actual people, or even uglier due to the make up. That fits much better into the scenario, I think.

But I should give it a try again at some time.

Danielb
Alpha Tester

Post by Danielb » 02 May 2014, 13:24

Love the series and the people in it. I was both happy AND surprised with the season 2 ending; glad that it ended like that.

Bring on the next season !

InnocentFarmer
Alpha Tester

Post by InnocentFarmer » 02 May 2014, 22:44

It feeds my Scandinavian soul, one of the things that has kept me proud of my heritage is Vikings, world's most fearsome warriors.

SPOILER ALERT!
I don't like the fact that it feels like the series is taking two steps forward and one step back, other than that it's great. Also the fact that I know a lot of history based on Vikings is one bad thing, as I can predict most of the stuff that happens, including the fact that Ragnar wasn't going to stay married to Lagertha, but you can't blame the series for that, all in all it's a quality series would rank it up to a par with GoT.

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Post by Falke88 » 05 May 2014, 10:52

Ragnar will bust the shit out of the Westlands...in fact I don't see which struggle may come for now? Lagertha is hot btw

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 05 May 2014, 11:06

Falke88 wrote:Ragnar will bust the shit out of the Westlands...in fact I don't see which struggle may come for now? Lagertha is hot btw

They've been talking about exploring new lands, while some will be farming on Wessex lands.

And ye, she is hot, and fierce! She pretty much deserves Jarl's position.

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 05 May 2014, 13:02

I know the myths, legends and the history around Ragnar Lodbrok, his wives and sons toooo well to really have gotten - and get any big surprises in the future ;)

But still you never know what the film team will throw in there, and I still look forward to see how they interpret the saga's.

Of course allot of historical facts are twisted and so on - but hey... its a tv series, and not a documentary, so I do not mind that.

I am still glued to the screen every episode that comes out - along with GoT :D

LOVING BOTH! :beer:
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 05 May 2014, 14:31

Flannery wrote:Of course allot of historical facts are twisted and so on - but hey... its a tv series, and not a documentary, so I do not mind that.

Well, it's history channel. I would have expected a little more historical research on their part.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 05 May 2014, 14:34

But it's still not a documentary, they wanted to make it liked and popular, most likely there was a conflict between making it 100% historically accurate and making it really popular as it is right now.

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 05 May 2014, 15:21

Arrakis09 wrote:But it's still not a documentary, they wanted to make it liked and popular, most likely there was a conflict between making it 100% historically accurate and making it really popular as it is right now.

+1 :beer:

As always with such things...hehehe...

Just look at this forum as an example.... :D

But anyhow - I like the series, and it is fun to see a "realistic'ish" Viking series for once.

My family comes from a long line of sailors and seamen - all the way back to the Viking era. So we have several ties to some of the saga's

The island I grew up on far out in the north sea of Norway still has allot of old Viking settlement ruins, and people have been living off of the sea there for at least 8000 years.

**SPOILER ALERT**
One thing is funny though - Just last year I was up on "Preikestolen" which is the huge natural platform Ragnar sits on at the end of the last episode of this season. A fantastic view up there with a 600 meter drop straight down.
It really worth the visit if any of you ever take the trip to Norway ;)

Here is a pic for ya (Not my own though - taken from the internet)

"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Return to Off Topic