Weapon skill speed - it's a bug, not a feature

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Weapon skill speed - it's a bug, not a feature

Post by Grimmblut » 20 Nov 2017, 15:25

The last patch brought a ridiculous change in the amount of time and resources you need to skill weapon skills. It's one thing that I use up the entire durability of a battle axe when I go for a single hunting run, but the fact that the skill point gain from training has been reduced to aprox. 1/15 must be considered a bug.

Here are some examples:

First example (Footman):

Footman: 0
Food quality multiplier: 1.9
Power Hour: ACTIVE

Skill gain per hit: 0.015

First (Q43) practice axe broken after gaining about 5 skill points.

Second example (Cavalry):

Cavalry: 56
Food quality multiplier: 1.8
Power Hour: off

Skill gain per hit: 0.00175

It took one of our players 15 (!!) practice bastard swords and several hours to skill Cavalry from 55 to 60, with a skill multiplier of 2 and active power hour.

There are only two possible reasons that come to my mind for this massiv and unnecessary nerf of ALL weapon skills.

1) It's a bug
2) It's to force people to buy death insurances whenever they plan to do some pvp or expect to be attacked. That would be a pay to win scenario that's nothing short of a scam.

Gimlikohne

Re: Weapon skill speed - it's a bug, not a feature

Post by Gimlikohne » 20 Nov 2017, 15:46

this is my case. Me and a buddy used all these training longswords and im atm on 35 and hes on 30 with a skillmulti of 1.6-1.9. This is just unfair.
Imagine that a guild attacks you and you need like 16 hours of training to use for example a bardiche(two handed axe 30).This isnt grind anymore, its just stupid. My opinion!!!

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 20 Nov 2017, 20:39

Wow so the people that got in game and was able to play when the launcher wasn't working really got an advantage. Wasn't there a bug where people were x5 from the boosts? I do not understand why they would nerf skilling this hard except to try to sell insurance or prolong progression.

Valo

Post by Valo » 21 Nov 2017, 17:58

"1) It's a bug
2) It's to force people to buy death insurances whenever they plan to do some pvp or expect to be attacked. That would be a pay to win scenario that's nothing short of a scam."

Yeah I have to agree with this. That amount of time and resources being necessary to level up combat skills is simply unreasonable. I can understand requiring significant time requirements for the 60-90 and especially 90-100 grinds, but 0-30 should generally go by quickly for all skills, and 30-60 should require no more than a few hours, maybe 3 at most, less with good food and a strategy.

I've seen several posts in chat about the amount of ammunition to level up with slings and it's just absurd.

Considering the community doesn't even WANT skill trees (I know it was ignored, but do remember that removing them was very highly upvoted when you had those suggestion polls up.), this game is going to start to suffer over time as the novelty of the MMO wears off and people are left with the reality of hours and hours of work just to be able to use a bow that for some strange, strange reason requires you be a adept with slings to even equip, for instance.

I'll assume it's option 1 for now, and unintended. But either way, intended or otherwise, it really does make the game pay to win.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 21 Nov 2017, 19:54

Just a tip...

The quality of the tool or weapon being used to practice has an effect on the skill gain along with your other multipliers.

Return to Feedback Section