What we want in Premium mode?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Saar
Zealous Believer

What we want in Premium mode?

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 12:24

Hi everybody,
As the devs seems curently thinking about Permium mode and what it will contain (
Spoiler
) I wanna ask your opinion about it.

For me, a simple booster (as Bobbik evocated) seems a good idea if it's not too powerfull (a 200% boost max for one hour seems correct in my opinion).

I'd love they offer specific (AND tradeable) armor skin to Premium each month but I don't know if it can be realistif (lot of work).

A reskin for a (tiny?) house (specific for each race) can be very very valuable for me. I would love to have my one tiny and beautiful shack.

Any others idea?

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Re: What we want in Premium mode?

Post by Styxwash » 06 Dec 2016, 12:58

Skill boosters should be an automatical part of the premium service.

This would make it resemble a subscription more, which imo. is the best way to handle a premium service.

The skill boost should be constant and minor, rather than significant within a shorter, set period of time. A system like that would encourage boosted players to play no different than others.

I don't want to see a system where a boosted player is able to achieve huge gains within 2 or 4 hours for a one time fee. That could easily border on P2W.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 06 Dec 2016, 13:46

to me, a permanent boost on skill gain is already a pay2win... we could also imagine an alignement boost ? and why not a god protection from killing penalty ? if a guy pay for, can he free kill ?

maybe the premium could give access to some kind of crafting patterns ? coward warcry could be only premium (that's a troll right here, hu hu),
ethnic buildings plans available only for premiums ? giving a value to premium builders
special alchemy recipes or even no "drunk" effect for cocktails made by a premium alchemist ?
VERY special outfits for premium tailors ?
a higher luck bonus for premiums ?
if pray for home coming isn't removed, and just reduce (like being able to pray only in the same server where your home is), why not improving the radius for the pray ?

... it could be several things, and I really hope devs will tell us very very very soon ! (and show what is the believer robe)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 06 Dec 2016, 13:53

There was answer what they plan for now.

58. Will the Premium Account/In-game currency break the balance between the player with a Premium Account and a player without it?
Answer: Nope, it should not. But you can expect, that Premium account/currency will unlock special skins, one a day boost progression of skills (kinda like Power Hour in UO) and give you bigger storage in central city (probably). There is no list of goodies that you will be able to receive for Premium account/Premium currency set in stone yet. And there won't be until we get closer to Wave #2.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 14:06

They only said they haven't planned goodies yet :)
I'm looking for goodies only on Premium. IMAO, it's the best choice for avoid the Pay-to-Win trap.
But it's a lot of work for them...

Guild War 2 gems shop can be an inspiration, no?

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 06 Dec 2016, 15:04

I'm sorry to side with the whiners here, but the "power hour/day" approach is horrible and P2W exploitable.

It will encourage premium players to hoard weeks worth of materials for they're profession, activate the limited skill booster and craft all the way through it, gaining a huge payoff on they're investment.

It will encourage premium players to play differently than non-premium and the premium players will have a different point of view on the use of materials and will require an alternate production schedule.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 15:20

+1

but it's another debate.
The initial question is what WE WANT IN, not what we dont want ^^

If we are able to propose solution to the devs, we have better chance they follow us than if only are raging against theirs proposal, no?

That's why I launched this topic. I hoping we were able to propose idea to the devs team.

Can we envisage a dye system?
This feature exist in numberous MMO (Wildstar, GW2, etc..). Premium can have more dye diversity or better accuracy in painting (more parts, more details) -> better idea IMAO :D

Maybe the devs team planned to implement a real farming dying system with alchimy ;)

I don't like pet system witch are in others MMOs, but It can be another solution. Only premium can have pets? (only for cosmetic purpose)
A falcon on the arm/shoulder or a cat following...
Last edited by Saar on 06 Dec 2016, 15:50, edited 2 times in total.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 06 Dec 2016, 15:23

Styxwash wrote:I'm sorry to side with the whiners here, but the "power hour/day" approach is horrible and P2W exploitable.

It will encourage premium players to hoard weeks worth of materials for they're profession, activate the limited skill booster and craft all the way through it, gaining a huge payoff on they're investment.

It will encourage premium players to play differently than non-premium and the premium players will have a different point of view on the use of materials and will require an alternate production schedule.

Well don't you do absolutely the same anyway when you play on slow progression speed? Prepare lots of materials, grab the best food available in the guild (which is in very limited numbers) eat 5 times for best multiplier and craft everything you've prepared.

Tony4t3
Devoted Believer

Post by Tony4t3 » 06 Dec 2016, 16:01

So a note on posting what we do not want. It gives the Devs an idea on things that could cause people to stop playing so they are valid for this forum.

I like the idea of access to different recipes. These could be the same as the regular ones just look different (Armor, Weapons, Buildings).

I think a small skill boost would be good for the entire premium period. Something like 5% should not be too over powered but still desirable.

A small amount of in game currency each month.

A small random care package each month. It could have some common items and maybe one rare. Things like good quality seeds, sprouts, stone, ore, tools.....

The ability to summon a newly created character to them once withing the first game day of the new character life. This will be very helpful in building your guild faster so people do not have to run half way across the map to find you.

One extra character ticket.

These are just a few thoughts I have right now.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2016, 16:10

Others ideas:

- A arena in central city where everybody can see the match but only Premium can join.
Winner of each match keep the control of the Arena. After a full day, he became the Master of the Arena and obtain a title and a unique skin.

- A character with x100 on skillpoint learning ONLY on the island. Cant transfert it.
Usefull for testing a new job, combat training or assisting a friend's first step on LiF.

Return to General Discussion