What we want in Premium mode?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Re: What we want in Premium mode?

Post by Jakeman » 09 Dec 2016, 04:25

MrTopbanana wrote:Funfact: the king of your kingdome, wuth a very high chance is:
1) someone who failed in his own life and got no job or work only a few hours.
2) a school boy
3) a student who gief a fack about pass/ finish the exams - a long time student -

Its a reverted world, people who work and/or have children will be the pleb and the lonely ones who either work for this parents in real life or dont work at all, are the kings! :D

So actually a premium thing with nice stuff would be awesome, but some hardcore failers aehh gamers will buy this packs too and it wont be fun anymore.

dam look at you judgeing others on a video game forum :lol:

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 09 Dec 2016, 07:43

Jakeman wrote:
MrTopbanana wrote:Funfact: the king of your kingdome, wuth a very high chance is:
2) a school boy
3) a student who gief a fack about pass/ finish the exams - a long time student -

Its a reverted world, people who work and/or have children will be the pleb and the lonely ones who either work for this parents in real life or dont work at all, are the kings! :D

So actually a premium thing with nice stuff would be awesome, but some hardcore failers aehh gamers will buy this packs too and it wont be fun anymore.

dam look at you judgeing others on a video game forum :lol:

No Judgement dude, just the way it will be.
For people who work and dont have a lot of time, a premium thing with nice bonuses would be nice. But u have to restrict them to this kind of people somehow, which is kinda impossible.

So in the end its better to not push any premium stuff with nice bonuses in a way, where people gain something faster then the others, it would be pay2win becaus the people who pay (and play the same amount) would be better then someone, who play the same time but not buy anything.

I just know that the "mass" will not like the game, when there will be any aspect in the game, where u can buy something which makes u better/faster then someone who dont buy this item.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 10 Dec 2016, 01:01

MrTopbanana wrote:Funfact: the king of your kingdom, with a very high chance is:
2) a school boy
3) a student who gief a fack about pass/ finish the exams - a long time student

Wow nice assumption. Let me pop your ego with a pin.

1. The last "King" I supported in a video game was a martial arts performer/stuntman and didn't live in a basement.

2. The second most successful guild leader was a highly successful military man who worked full time.

3. One of the most recognizable players in EVE Online who subsequently was lost in the Benghazi incident was a US State department employee.

Just because people are organized and successful in a video game doesn't mean that they are some sort of no life loser in real life.

It's actually functionally possible to be successful in real life AND video games depending on how you manage your time and how what people you choose to help you run things.

I know it sucks to think that the guy kicks your butt in a video game is a loser but in most cases I've seen, that isn't the case.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 10 Dec 2016, 01:04

MrTopbanana wrote:No Judgement dude, just the way it will be.
For people who work and dont have a lot of time, a premium thing with nice bonuses would be nice. But u have to restrict them to this kind of people somehow, which is kinda impossible.

So in the end its better to not push any premium stuff with nice bonuses in a way, where people gain something faster then the others, it would be pay2win becaus the people who pay (and play the same amount) would be better then someone, who play the same time but not buy anything.

That is kind of the point isnt it? The people who pay and subsequently keep the servers running should get some sort of advantage over the people who don't pay a dime. Why would anyone pay if it were otherwise?

God forbid! The Pay 2 Win debate sure didn't exist when everyone was FORCED to pay a subscription.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 10 Dec 2016, 02:50

Fact is: when there are any p2w options, the mmo will be empty very very fast. Like every mmo who do that.
I guess they earn more when they would stick to cosmetics becaus a much bigger amount of people would keep playing. Keep in mind u have to "buy" the game as well, by getting a ticket.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 10 Dec 2016, 03:50

That depends entirely on what is considered pay 2 win. Frankly I don't feel anything related to skill boosts is pay 2 win. Most people will be maxed out in skills within 2 months regardless.

They need to remove the subscription option if they don't put anything in there to make it worth having. I see no point to offering a "premium account" if the free accounts can do everything I can do and do it just as well.

Might as well do only cash shop at that point.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 10 Dec 2016, 08:39

The majority will see skill boosts as pay 2 win.

I remember when i played black desert, they always said no pay 2 win in europe, becaus here u pay 60 euros for the game. rhe cosmetic shop was very expansive, one look was around 25-50 euros.

There also was exp scrolls, 5 euros per 2 hours.
But u also could buy them without money. If u logged in u gained like 100 silver which was worth 1 euro. So u could buy the scroll with 5 euros or 5 ingame logins. Some items was locked for gold only, like armor n pets n so on.

Alao u could buy underwear and other 2nd armor which u worn under the actual armor. It gave u xp boost and more luck and so on. Once people realised that there is such stuff( many didnt know) the player base dropped, now u can gain everything with silver exept weight and inventory stuff, but they are merging servers still. But its far from dead.

Anyway, this wont work on life is feudal. I think it would be nice to buy blueprints of like suits n stuff like this and make em after. Or simply a certain resource like golden garn, which will be needed for this clothes to finish. If they would drop, the salt would be to big i gues, so its not a option.

I also would pay for different armor looks, horse armor or horse looks, different weapon models( but i think there should be more armor and weapon looks in the game for free as well). Maybe even make horse carts cash items, otherwise u get a donkey cart but make them "loosable". When someone rob ur trading carravan u will loos it to, but they will be more common becaus everyone want horse carts.

A bigger monument size is also nice for premium users or buyable. Mb rent a shop in the starter town or something. The down side would be when u make all trades in the atarter city and teleport there and back, it takes one of the biggest features of the game. Making trading friends and steal robb carravans n stuff like this. Would be useless then.

Premium:
praying per day gives 2 alignment(if you dont die they are not needed but nice to have cuz of skill loos by death. You just make sure you dont die) its a indirect skill gain and might be to good once went over 90+ skills and high alignment. Could change it to 50% less loos of crafting skills per death - more better mb
Have a small xp bonus on generalskills ( they dont do anything about crafting neither about fights)
You can teleport home 4 times per they and not just twice( endless is dumb anyway it also need higher casting time cuz its to fast)
In case servers are full, premiums join first
Premium have a 10% discount on shop items
Premium monument is 10% bigger(and u can buy more at cash shop, mb as a rent)

Its hard to find stuff really, this is stuff atleast which would me buy it when its not to expansive and its not suuuch a big deal cuz only monument owner have to have premium to gain alot alrdy. Migt be cool for personal claim as well and it could be even bigger on personal like 25%

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 10 Dec 2016, 17:48

Teleporting shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances. Completely defeats the point of regional resources.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 10 Dec 2016, 18:12

Players can speculate all they want on what premium service entails, but making vague statements like "the majority of players will leave if this becomes p2w" is just silly.

Here's a fun fact, if the game play sucks in the MMO, the majority of the players will stop playing. Lets go one better: The game will utterly fail if a Zombie Apocalypse breaks out in the real world.

See how useless those statements are? Of course they will leave if the game sucks. Of course they will leave if the only way to be successful requires large expenditures of cash. Bobik and crew know this already. Just like they know that no matter what they do, some players will leave the game in a hissy fit. They aren't aren't going to cater to babies throwing tantrums. They do however, listen to reasoned feedback and they have proven that time and time again.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 10 Dec 2016, 18:38

Cian wrote:That depends entirely on what is considered pay 2 win. Frankly I don't feel anything related to skill boosts is pay 2 win. Most people will be maxed out in skills within 2 months regardless.

I fully agree with this, there is no real p2w in this game with skill boosts. So someone got to 90 before you, that really doesnt change much and they still cannot go further than you can. That would be a skill boost p2w in LiF that would bother me, if someone could pay to go beyond the skill cap, thats when unfair happens. Another would be over the top weapons or something that cannot be crafted but is super OP. IMO the nature and design of LiF prevents a majority of p2w options from happening in the first place, there just arent many things that can be offered.

All that said, there COULD be a crafting speed increase , I guess that could be seen as p2w though, you go to war and you use as many crafting speed increases (or any type of crafting multiplier) as possible and you keep turning out more weapons/siege blah blah faster. But you would need to do something that would encourage people to keep paying for the game so while I see the downfall I also see the draw for it. Unless the crafting bonuses only work outside of war.

It is very unfortunate, but the players that don't want anything premium at all need to suck it up and deal with some sort of something if they have a desire to see this game sustainable. Being one of the beta testers from SWTOR all the way through till after "f2p" I understand fully the fears and horrors of what can happen with these games, but also as a once avid player of Secret World I can also see the possibilities of a sustainable buy2play with cash shop.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 10 Dec 2016, 18:50

Azzerhoden wrote:Players can speculate all they want on what premium service entails, but making vague statements like "the majority of players will leave if this becomes p2w" is just silly.

Here's a fun fact, if the game play sucks in the MMO, the majority of the players will stop playing. Lets go one better: The game will utterly fail if a Zombie Apocalypse breaks out in the real world.

Zombie Apocalypse happens and I am going to go stock up on supplies and lock myself in my room with my video games till the servers crash and the utilities go out.

Ygg
Zealous Believer

Post by Ygg » 11 Dec 2016, 20:48

I don't see why it has to be anything more than some premium currency for cosmetic shit, the tickets (what i was excited for), and early access. Alot of the proposed "bonuses" are skirting the line of P2W and frankly unacceptable. Don't be an entitled twit, grow up.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 11 Dec 2016, 22:07

Ygg wrote:I don't see why it has to be anything more than some premium currency for cosmetic shit, the tickets (what i was excited for), and early access. Alot of the proposed "bonuses" are skirting the line of P2W and frankly unacceptable. Don't be an entitled twit, grow up.

because there has to be a value to obtaining the currency, once your characters are in the game and once you have access then you basically are done giving them money.
cosmetic shit is awesome, its what i hope and expect to see, that said there is only so much cosmetics one will buy, if at all. I can see a jester costume that increase xp gain of everyone in kingdom/plot/range/etc (i just thought of this idea as i am typing) or something like that, that would actually be cool IMO. But for the most part, different costumes dont make a game survive.
Unfortunately we have to get dangerously close to the line of P2W to make the shop have value. IMO plots size or property in city or something like that is a fair "toeing of the line" cause um, people pay rent, thats life, and if the server gods protect you then pay rent.

Moschops
Zealous Believer

Post by Moschops » 18 Dec 2016, 10:28

The one thing I would like to see a premium subscriber get is the ability to lock one skill, and one skill only, against skill loss on death.

If the skill loss causes the pre-req skill to fall below the level needed (60 or 30) to open the locked skill, then the locked skill would be thrown down to 29 or zero until the pre-req is re-leveled. Maybe even limit it to a crafting skill.

That way it would encourage people to sign up for premium memberships once they've played for a time and want to protect their 100 (or even 60) farming skill, etc. And it could only be done on one character per account. You could even make that service purchasable in-game (per death) from the church/temple.

It would be an advantage, sure, but I don't think it would be such an advantage that people would be turned off by it...you still get killed, and your stuff gets looted, after all...but it would give players who have invested time AND subscribe something to keep them from getting completely demoralized on death.

At this skill rate gain, I can't imagine how I would feel if a random fall or random bandits wiped out a 100 level skill.

Ethantokes
True Believer

Post by Ethantokes » 19 Dec 2016, 17:45

Moschops wrote:The one thing I would like to see a premium subscriber get is the ability to lock one skill, and one skill only, against skill loss on death.

If the skill loss causes the pre-req skill to fall below the level needed (60 or 30) to open the locked skill, then the locked skill would be thrown down to 29 or zero until the pre-req is re-leveled. Maybe even limit it to a crafting skill.

That way it would encourage people to sign up for premium memberships once they've played for a time and want to protect their 100 (or even 60) farming skill, etc. And it could only be done on one character per account. You could even make that service purchasable in-game (per death) from the church/temple.

It would be an advantage, sure, but I don't think it would be such an advantage that people would be turned off by it...you still get killed, and your stuff gets looted, after all...but it would give players who have invested time AND subscribe something to keep them from getting completely demoralized on death.

At this skill rate gain, I can't imagine how I would feel if a random fall or random bandits wiped out a 100 level skill.

This idea is phenomenal.

Philthie
True Believer

Post by Philthie » 16 Jul 2017, 09:58

Just discovered today this game is going to include premium items, and possibly from what I read here premium cosmetics.

I want a refund already.

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 16 Jul 2017, 15:03

What I'd like to see in premium mode?

I'd love to see an improved dashboard for claim management with features like:

1- last time log of guildies
2- ability to customize guild titles
3- access to an index with char full names (like the one we have for guilds to browse)
4- LIF real account name appearing below char name in search list (or in game too)
5- some stats related to my claim like amount of crops, items amount filtered by category (whatever is available in system w/o too much work), war stats, villager in/out stats
6- Track of any visitors on guild claim with date & hours
7- Guild claim filter (F4) highlighting built tiles which need renovation
8- The exact projection date/hours when monument runs out of food/sacrifice
9- daily war reports with summary of attacker(s) and hits (currently only visible in system chat & for urself)
10- guildies skills & progression shared through the dashboard

As other mentioned, a storage and access to central market in central city, some char cosmetics would be nice too.

Balandar
Zealous Believer

Post by Balandar » 16 Jul 2017, 18:19

Discount on claim maintenance for personal or guild claims. Would be similar to purchasing God's Favor to help pay for the claim.

Edit: Maybe a monthly cosmetic item (no stats or enhancements)? Only those with a sub will get that item making them somewhat rare if tradeable in future?
Discord | Forum Lurker

Ragemaster9999
True Believer

Post by Ragemaster9999 » 17 Jul 2017, 14:42

Im okay with light skill boosting, dont see this as p2w, this game is about pvp and politics and guilds will have a mix of pay2play and f2p.

I would like to see increased personal claim size, but not for guilds only personal monuments. I would pay for that.

As a pvp player I generally dont bother with cosmetics I think their a waste of time and looking cool is very low on the priority list for me.

As for the subscription, they need to balance it enough where people will actually subscribe or else its gonna be useless and devs forever poor. On the other hand they cant make it too strong or else f2p wont feel like they are worthwhile or viable

Return to General Discussion