What we want in Premium mode?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Re: What we want in Premium mode?

Post by Wookiee420 » 10 Dec 2016, 18:50

Azzerhoden wrote:Players can speculate all they want on what premium service entails, but making vague statements like "the majority of players will leave if this becomes p2w" is just silly.

Here's a fun fact, if the game play sucks in the MMO, the majority of the players will stop playing. Lets go one better: The game will utterly fail if a Zombie Apocalypse breaks out in the real world.

Zombie Apocalypse happens and I am going to go stock up on supplies and lock myself in my room with my video games till the servers crash and the utilities go out.

Ygg
Zealous Believer

Post by Ygg » 11 Dec 2016, 20:48

I don't see why it has to be anything more than some premium currency for cosmetic shit, the tickets (what i was excited for), and early access. Alot of the proposed "bonuses" are skirting the line of P2W and frankly unacceptable. Don't be an entitled twit, grow up.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 11 Dec 2016, 22:07

Ygg wrote:I don't see why it has to be anything more than some premium currency for cosmetic shit, the tickets (what i was excited for), and early access. Alot of the proposed "bonuses" are skirting the line of P2W and frankly unacceptable. Don't be an entitled twit, grow up.

because there has to be a value to obtaining the currency, once your characters are in the game and once you have access then you basically are done giving them money.
cosmetic shit is awesome, its what i hope and expect to see, that said there is only so much cosmetics one will buy, if at all. I can see a jester costume that increase xp gain of everyone in kingdom/plot/range/etc (i just thought of this idea as i am typing) or something like that, that would actually be cool IMO. But for the most part, different costumes dont make a game survive.
Unfortunately we have to get dangerously close to the line of P2W to make the shop have value. IMO plots size or property in city or something like that is a fair "toeing of the line" cause um, people pay rent, thats life, and if the server gods protect you then pay rent.

Moschops
Zealous Believer

Post by Moschops » 18 Dec 2016, 10:28

The one thing I would like to see a premium subscriber get is the ability to lock one skill, and one skill only, against skill loss on death.

If the skill loss causes the pre-req skill to fall below the level needed (60 or 30) to open the locked skill, then the locked skill would be thrown down to 29 or zero until the pre-req is re-leveled. Maybe even limit it to a crafting skill.

That way it would encourage people to sign up for premium memberships once they've played for a time and want to protect their 100 (or even 60) farming skill, etc. And it could only be done on one character per account. You could even make that service purchasable in-game (per death) from the church/temple.

It would be an advantage, sure, but I don't think it would be such an advantage that people would be turned off by it...you still get killed, and your stuff gets looted, after all...but it would give players who have invested time AND subscribe something to keep them from getting completely demoralized on death.

At this skill rate gain, I can't imagine how I would feel if a random fall or random bandits wiped out a 100 level skill.

Ethantokes
True Believer

Post by Ethantokes » 19 Dec 2016, 17:45

Moschops wrote:The one thing I would like to see a premium subscriber get is the ability to lock one skill, and one skill only, against skill loss on death.

If the skill loss causes the pre-req skill to fall below the level needed (60 or 30) to open the locked skill, then the locked skill would be thrown down to 29 or zero until the pre-req is re-leveled. Maybe even limit it to a crafting skill.

That way it would encourage people to sign up for premium memberships once they've played for a time and want to protect their 100 (or even 60) farming skill, etc. And it could only be done on one character per account. You could even make that service purchasable in-game (per death) from the church/temple.

It would be an advantage, sure, but I don't think it would be such an advantage that people would be turned off by it...you still get killed, and your stuff gets looted, after all...but it would give players who have invested time AND subscribe something to keep them from getting completely demoralized on death.

At this skill rate gain, I can't imagine how I would feel if a random fall or random bandits wiped out a 100 level skill.

This idea is phenomenal.

Philthie
True Believer

Post by Philthie » 16 Jul 2017, 09:58

Just discovered today this game is going to include premium items, and possibly from what I read here premium cosmetics.

I want a refund already.

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 16 Jul 2017, 15:03

What I'd like to see in premium mode?

I'd love to see an improved dashboard for claim management with features like:

1- last time log of guildies
2- ability to customize guild titles
3- access to an index with char full names (like the one we have for guilds to browse)
4- LIF real account name appearing below char name in search list (or in game too)
5- some stats related to my claim like amount of crops, items amount filtered by category (whatever is available in system w/o too much work), war stats, villager in/out stats
6- Track of any visitors on guild claim with date & hours
7- Guild claim filter (F4) highlighting built tiles which need renovation
8- The exact projection date/hours when monument runs out of food/sacrifice
9- daily war reports with summary of attacker(s) and hits (currently only visible in system chat & for urself)
10- guildies skills & progression shared through the dashboard

As other mentioned, a storage and access to central market in central city, some char cosmetics would be nice too.

Balandar
Zealous Believer

Post by Balandar » 16 Jul 2017, 18:19

Discount on claim maintenance for personal or guild claims. Would be similar to purchasing God's Favor to help pay for the claim.

Edit: Maybe a monthly cosmetic item (no stats or enhancements)? Only those with a sub will get that item making them somewhat rare if tradeable in future?
Discord | Forum Lurker

Ragemaster9999
True Believer

Post by Ragemaster9999 » 17 Jul 2017, 14:42

Im okay with light skill boosting, dont see this as p2w, this game is about pvp and politics and guilds will have a mix of pay2play and f2p.

I would like to see increased personal claim size, but not for guilds only personal monuments. I would pay for that.

As a pvp player I generally dont bother with cosmetics I think their a waste of time and looking cool is very low on the priority list for me.

As for the subscription, they need to balance it enough where people will actually subscribe or else its gonna be useless and devs forever poor. On the other hand they cant make it too strong or else f2p wont feel like they are worthwhile or viable

Return to General Discussion