Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Hieve

Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Post by Hieve » 05 May 2017, 00:59

a box hanging in the air

this small issue has kept me away from this game sadly.
It is an unfair advantage for every attacker of your castle > there will never be enough gms/admins to prevent this.

The game is really good made and has a very unique gameplay.
I have spent plenty of hours digging,farming,chopping,crafting and building.
But as soon as your Castle gets attacked by just 2-3 guys that come over castle walls by structures like in the picture above - your time feels wasted if they take within minutes of a judgment hour all your stuff.
If they would had build a ladder which I can see and fight against, or like some Siege Weapons that took down our walls everything would be alright, but seeing this ugly boxes hanging in the air after a raid as your weakness is something where you can't fight against.

There was a Patch that introduced a height limit to floating structures , but sadly it just applies when they are placed free, but you can go and search for "mount points" at walls or similar, but its not a physical mount point rather than some logical, so we end again with a floating box which could have never fit there or completly is in air.

I hope there will be changes made within this Issue , as I'm not the only one . Half of my people that played with me stopped also for this reason. It's still a great game , but once you built everything you want to fight against others, but in fair ways and not glitchy.

Sunleader
Zealous Believer

Re: Why I stopped playing Life is Feudal : Your Own

Post by Sunleader » 14 May 2017, 07:56

Agreed.
A simple Solution would be that you cant Build things on other Peoples Claims.

It could still be possible to Build a Ladder outside someones Castle and then Carry it to the Wall like a Log.
But they need to put a lock on just building the cheapest Crate onto a wall to create a jumping point....

Alternatively they could use a Physics system.
A small wooden Box cant hold a Person. So it could just break apart if someone tries standing on it. That would likely fix the Issue as well because you would actually need to build something sturdy enough to hold a person.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 May 2017, 14:53

Simple fact - walls will not keep you safe. Not in YO and not in the MMO. Doesn't matter what game mechanic is put in place.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding member - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by Sunleader » 14 May 2017, 15:27

Azzerhoden wrote:Simple fact - walls will not keep you safe. Not in YO and not in the MMO. Doesn't matter what game mechanic is put in place.

Its a huge difference if a Wall provides a defense advantage by slowing down an enemy for several minutes from reaching you and an cost hurdle for people to pay the ressources and time for Siege Equipment to get over it.

Or is a Wall can be passed by any noob in 5 seconds by putting a cheap box on it.....

You really should rather play Chivalry or something.
Your answers on other topics as well give the impression that you dont care for building etc at all.
It seems you have no wish to play any aspect of this game except running around killing each other.

But make no mistake.
People who want to build Cities want to build Cities.
All you will archieve by attempting to force em out by making walls etc useless and denying npc guards etc etc. Is that these Players wont play at all.
You wont be able to turn em around and play your way.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 15 May 2017, 00:54

I have no issues with people building items on enemy claims, and Azzerhoden is correct, walls are only as good as the builders understanding of defensive concept and the claims ability to provide proper defenders.

However, I can definitely sympathize with how lackluster and silly questionable physics can make gameplay. Bark Boxes, Sleeping Matts, Wardrobes.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 May 2017, 03:48

Sunleader wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:
Your answers on other topics as well give the impression that you dont care for building etc at all.
It seems you have no wish to play any aspect of this game except running around killing each other.

ROFL - I started to write out a long post, but decided you weren't worth the effort. With a little bit of research on your part I am sure you can discover on your own why that is so.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding member - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by Sunleader » 15 May 2017, 09:25

JohnValentine wrote:I have no issues with people building items on enemy claims, and Azzerhoden is correct, walls are only as good as the builders understanding of defensive concept and the claims ability to provide proper defenders.

However, I can definitely sympathize with how lackluster and silly questionable physics can make gameplay. Bark Boxes, Sleeping Matts, Wardrobes.

He is not.
Sorry but Walls are Intended to give a certain amount of Protection.
Of course they are not supposed to be Invincible.
However. If Walls provide no Protection at all because they can be overcome with minimal effort of placing a box in the Air. Then the whole Concept of Defenses becomes meaningless because you could just as well not have them.

Defensive Structures like Walls are supposed to give you an Advantage in a Fight by soaking up Damage and providing an Obstacle that takes some time to get over.

With these Mechanics right now where you can build a Beginners Box on it to Climb up. This is no longer the case.
Making the whole Concept of Building Defenses entirely useless.

I.ll repeat my warning from below.
Such Mechanics will not bring People to Play more PvP like.
They bring People to leave the Game and Play something else Instead.

Sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by Sunleader » 15 May 2017, 09:36

Azzerhoden wrote:
Sunleader wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:

ROFL - I started to write out a long post, but decided you weren't worth the effort. With a little bit of research on your part I am sure you can discover on your own why that is so.

No need to do any Further Research here.
I spent hours reading around here.
And your pretty active. So I had a taste of your Answers to different Topics.

And you in general dont give a crab about the Base Building Aspect of this Game.
You are generally in Favor of Roaming PvP with no obstacles.
And generally against anything that makes it harder to attack others.

This aint meant to offend you.
All of us have different Taste in Games.
I simply think your somehow not really going to be happy with this Game.
Cause this Game clearly has a less Fighting heavy Focus where Fighting is more for Survival means and for Politics not something that happens all day.
You would be better off in a Game like Chivalry where the main Concern is Fighting each other and where you actually get to Fight others on a regular base.

I do not know what you expect.
But People will either be enabled to Build Structures that protect them to a degree from Intruders.
Or they will leave the Game.
Thats just how Players work.

I can make you a Prophecy.
When the First Settlement in the MMO is raided by People who put Boxes on the Walls to Climb up.
There will be a Guild making a Fat Bug Report.
And it will either be acknowledged as a Bug and will be Fixed.
Or that Guild will for most Part Quit the Game.

There will be not a Single Guild Capable of Defending its Walls 24 Hours a Day Mate.
Get this into your Head. You will never have a Guild that has enough Members Online at all times of the Day to effectively Defend a City or Castle.
So either the Defenses like Walls will be able to keep out People until Destroyed during JH where the People of the Guild can be there to Defend them.
Or they will be useless and people are going to quit the Game because they feel betrayed for their efforts.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 15 May 2017, 16:11

Sunleader wrote:
I can make you a Prophecy.
When the First Settlement in the MMO is raided by People who put Boxes on the Walls to Climb up.
There will be a Guild making a Fat Bug Report.
And it will either be acknowledged as a Bug and will be Fixed.
Or that Guild will for most Part Quit the Game.

This happened to my guild the other day on the MMO, I did not file a bug report as this is a intended mechanic, as stated by the devs, and not a single person from my guild has quit the game.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 15 May 2017, 16:15

Sunleader wrote:So either the Defenses like Walls will be able to keep out People until Destroyed during JH where the People of the Guild can be there to Defend them.
Or they will be useless and people are going to quit the Game because they feel betrayed for their efforts.

I just realized I already responded to you in another thread about this same subject so I am just going to copy paste that here.

But I will expand on this to help anyone who doesn't understand what this means.

*Currently in the MMO they are using Judgement hour, this is just to gather PvP data for the devs, the only way vinterskorn could destroy the monument was because it was Judgement hour (JH) when they attacked.*

JH is when there is no alignment loss when you kill, and any guild with a war status to your guild has the ability to damage your buildings

The good news is JH is not going to be around in the main release it will be replaced with two War type mechanics.

1) Instanced Battles, similar to a battle in Mount and Blade. The idea is the attacking guild declares the battle, the defending guild gets to pick a time +/- 1 hr off the standard peak time for the regional server the battle takes place on, A full day or more after the battle is declared. "This allows both sides to make preparations, and request allies to assist"

What happens when you lose is still being worked out, but the idea is in some capacity the losing side will lose a monument level.

if you take anything out of this post, it should be this.

2) Sieges, in similar fashion to the instanced battle, attacker declares, defender picks a time for the siege to take place, giving defenders time to prepare for the siege. However one current requirement to declare a siege is for the defending sides monument to be level 1. So in order to siege a guild, a series of instanced battles will need to be won first.

A. Sieges will have a timer till the siege will have either failed or succeeded.
B. Prior to the siege starting the devs plan to implement a mechanic to kick all offline players off the siege defenders claim.

Now this does not counter the bark box sleeping bag stuff, but what this does do is make it so you don't have to have someone on your walls 24/7, it makes it so you know when people are coming so you can ready your self, and they cannot destroy your base when ever you are offline.[/quote]

Return to Feedback Section