Should or Should not be an alpha wave 4 (poll)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

To wave 4 or to Beta?

Poll ended at 07 Jun 2017, 08:20

This game is great and I am happy to continue testing in the alpha wave (yes I know all the data will be erased at the end of alpha)
33%
Happy to continue with the Alpha wave 4 but have the skills set at an accelerated rate.
12%
Move onto the Beta way, i am no longer playing or testing because we have waited so long for a final release (yes we still know there could be bugs and are willing to accept them and work with them. we understand beta is not the final release)
38%
I have lost all patience and this game is losing its luster and something needs to be done or I will be moving onto other games and not coming back.
16%

Total votes : 91

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Should or Should not be an alpha wave 4 (poll)

Post by TalisStormbringer » 08 May 2017, 08:20

Hey everyone,

This is semi directed at the development team but I am going to include a poll so they also can see what everyone thinks on this topic.

I have played in wave 2 and now wave 3.

What I am seeing is that in wave 3 we have a very small population and even with this small population most of the players are not really doing anything in the game right now.

The reason most people are not doing anything or very little is that this is a very hard game to level up in and who wants to put in more countless hours when all our characters and buildings are going to be wiped for the beta.

So please feel free to comment and include any view you may have.

Cheers :beer:

Sycopata666
True Believer

Re: Should or Should not be an alpha wave 4 (poll)

Post by Sycopata666 » 08 May 2017, 09:26

X2 just make people lose time on grinding until test the game mechanics, i vote to increase de rate in this close beta.

Rick_krause
True Believer

Post by Rick_krause » 08 May 2017, 09:28

It's done when it's done. Pls take ur time!
Every other game does an early release these days, and imo it's a mistake, since there are MANY Bugs und errors left. and dont forget the JH is just a "placeholder" still. There is to much to do, until u can go open beta.

and remember
Everybody wants everything for free, but nobody want to work for free.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 08 May 2017, 13:05

I stopped playing LiF four months ago, i'm actually playing (and paying a subscription) to another mmo.
I think this game have a great potential but it's losing a big share of the players cause of the dilated times for updates and release.
Developers should understand that with less people playing they also have a lot less data to analize for debugging and this creates more delay and more players loss.
I was part of a 20/25 people group, at the moment only a couple are still playing LiF and when people find a party on another game it's even harder to have them back.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 08 May 2017, 15:31

*rolls eyes at the 4th option* if there ganna leave and never come back they must not want a sandbox mmo as badly as i do

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 08 May 2017, 15:35

TalisStormbringer wrote:Hey everyone,

This is semi directed at the development team but I am going to include a poll so they also can see what everyone thinks on this topic.

I have played in wave 2 and now wave 3.

What I am seeing is that in wave 3 we have a very small population and even with this small population most of the players are not really doing anything in the game right now.

The reason most people are not doing anything or very little is that this is a very hard game to level up in and who wants to put in more countless hours when all our characters and buildings are going to be wiped for the beta.

So please feel free to comment and include any view you may have.

Cheers :beer:

i agree about the population in the first test of wave 1 i saw about 1200 players on the server at the peak and 800 for the rest of it now its 250-300 everyday with a peak to 700 when JH starts seems like most are waiting for wave 2

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 08 May 2017, 21:20

Jakeman wrote:seems like most are waiting for wave 2

Which is so far away with the current performance. Because if the Wave 2 is in the same state the game is RIP.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 09 May 2017, 13:59

Not going to part in the poll...

Our guild have problems getting people in to the game for 2 reasons. Last wave bc of server change issues. This wave bc of ping the first week and then bc of ping in Saturdays JH and the other stupid update before Sundays JH

So imo dev should focus 110% on server stability for the rest of this wave and the next wave. Forget all the stupid bullshit about personal claims, NPC, new castle walls, instance battles, easter eggs and LIF YO in general.
If needed they should get some more people doing the server programming.

I fear if they just keep introducing new things they just lose more players. The new people who buy access to the mmo and finds out all the interviews and nice looking videos is just crap and old players who just lose patience and start playing new games.

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 09 May 2017, 15:58

Asimov wrote:Not going to part in the poll...

Our guild have problems getting people in to the game for 2 reasons. Last wave bc of server change issues. This wave bc of ping the first week and then bc of ping in Saturdays JH and the other stupid update before Sundays JH

So imo dev should focus 110% on server stability for the rest of this wave and the next wave. Forget all the stupid bullshit about personal claims, NPC, new castle walls, instance battles, easter eggs and LIF YO in general.
If needed they should get some more people doing the server programming.

I fear if they just keep introducing new things they just lose more players. The new people who buy access to the mmo and finds out all the interviews and nice looking videos is just crap and old players who just lose patience and start playing new games.

I agree, the easter egg patch was not well thought out. Took many servers down for an entire holiday weekend and added nothing to the game.

I also agree that they should be focusing entirely on stability and reducing ping in large battles. Forget instances, forget new art/objects.

We also have many players who won't play this wave due to ridiculously slow skill gain (it's a freaking beta why should we grind to test your servers???) and instability.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 09 May 2017, 22:45

It's easy to become impatient with pre-release games, but pressuring development into cutting corners wont do anyone any favors.

The majority of the patches and updates are clearly relevant adjustments. Is there novelty junk here and there? Yes. Is it a feature creep of irrelevance to the degree of titles like DayZ? No.

We're seeing an odd stage of gaming these past few years. Living a revolution in gaming concept. Never before has so many players been able to take part and influence such massively complex games like Life is Feudal or Star Citizen. To be actively monitoring the development process and have the ability to talk directly to the developers as they groom their title. To pledge towards a vision.

With this new world, comes new expectations. I have mixed feelings on increasing the skill gain. It really boils down to what are they trying to test with their population. If what they are testing makes sense to have skill gain on standard, then it is what it is.

You learn a lot of things about build orders and corner cutting when you have to suck through slow grind, things that aren't noticed in fast grind. Things they may want to identify and polish (which they have been doing with slight adjustments to things like rope and weapons)

On the other hand, fast grind is like turning interest rates way down. The market goes crazy. You get a lot of activity which can stress test and in response, send a lot of bug reports. They may already have a surplus of projects right now, in which case, decreased player population isn't relevant. Who knows.

What's important to remember is that the tester community is a tool for the developers. If they don't need the numbers for what they are doing, then a decrease in activity actually helps them focus on their tasks. More they focus and get stuff done, better game will result which will increase the glass ceiling on population density, and in the long run create a stronger and more healthy playerbase.

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Post by TalisStormbringer » 09 May 2017, 23:51

154 players playing out of 10,000 right now.

This is not a player base and not a good way ever to test things.

They had server issues with lag when it was 210 people ..... IMO they need to release the beta that way they get more of a player base and strongly inform everyone that the game is still in development and that things will change and there will be bugs.

This allows people to want to play, because now the skilling and building and your clan is permanent.

Whats really sad is that you can see how bad the population has become because there is only 9 posts and a very small number on the poll as well.

This skews the truth so much.

Mx11foxracing
True Believer

Post by Mx11foxracing » 10 May 2017, 00:13

I very much would like to have open beta out now lol :O:

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Post by TalisStormbringer » 12 May 2017, 10:14

bump to continue poll

Niseshota
True Believer

Post by Niseshota » 12 May 2017, 10:46

The first thing you should do is fix initialization bug

Since the connectToGameserver () command is also Pachingfailed, it can not be used

It is not good not to be able to play games while paying money

Desmes

Post by Desmes » 13 May 2017, 12:55

I'd say no, because as I see they are still adding things. it should be Open Beta when adding things has been done, but need bug fixing. I think what they should do, is to let some Y.O to take part in Wave 4 to increase population. Like some of the oldest Y.O owner (I am not one of those), because more I mention LiF:MMO, i get feedback from people how feel like they have been ripped off because people who bought Y.O long time ago are equal to those who are going to buy LiF: YO right now.

Wasnt there thing, that if people bought LiF:YO before X date (official announcement of MMO), they got something? I mean all LiF:YO gets 1 free char, but those who bought game before X date they got 1 free char and access to game before those who bought game yesterday.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 May 2017, 14:29

To have any validity, you have to use the correct terminology. This is not the Alpha wave. This is a Beta wave. It is not wave 3, and you are not polling for wave 4. This is wave 1.

We are here to test the game. Wave 1 will last for as long as necessary for Bitbox to achieve its goals.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 May 2017, 14:32

Niseshota wrote:The first thing you should do is fix initialization bug

Since the connectToGameserver () command is also Pachingfailed, it can not be used

Not true.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 May 2017, 14:36

Desmes wrote:Wasnt there thing, that if people bought LiF:YO before X date (official announcement of MMO), they got something? I mean all LiF:YO gets 1 free char, but those who bought game before X date they got 1 free char and access to game before those who bought game yesterday.

Yes, and No.

You get a free character slot to test in beta wave 2. Your character development, items, and claims will continue on into the general release.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 13 May 2017, 18:48

Wasnt there thing, that if people bought LiF:YO before X date (official announcement of MMO), they got something? I mean all LiF:YO gets 1 free char, but those who bought game before X date they got 1 free char and access to game before those who bought game yesterday.

Yes the beta testers that backed up YO before x date (i think when it came to steam EA) got access to all waves of the mmo including this 1 and wave 0

Okeydokey20
True Believer

Post by Okeydokey20 » 14 May 2017, 03:37

And performance issues, i meant, im running graphics on LOW, and my fps avg is 10-18, on towns it drops to 0 many tymes. My pc is an I3 7100 16 gb ram DDR4, SSD samsung evo 850, RX470 4gb Nitro. I know isnt the best spec on these days, but i use to play everygame on high details, avgin 40-60 fps

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Post by TalisStormbringer » 18 May 2017, 08:00

Bumping this because there is only 59 votes so far.
Last edited by TalisStormbringer on 18 May 2017, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 May 2017, 08:26

What makes you think that the majority reading this will vote?

The population took a take a nosedive, but that's CBT. Releasing OBT now just to get them back is the only 100% way to kill the game before it's even released. So votes of bored players don't really count much and many don't actually vote on this, why would they?

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Post by TalisStormbringer » 18 May 2017, 08:29

Azzerhoden wrote:To have any validity, you have to use the correct terminology. This is not the Alpha wave. This is a Beta wave. It is not wave 3, and you are not polling for wave 4. This is wave 1.

We are here to test the game. Wave 1 will last for as long as necessary for Bitbox to achieve its goals.

You correct to a point.

Yes it is Beta not alpha i could not edit the topic line. But this is test run 3 and we are talking about it possibly going to test wave 4 or to the wipe and moving to wave 2.

You are picking at little things and moving the view into something not relevant.

My worry is this game is turning into and in some views already is a dead game and they need to do something with the dropping population. I ran this whole wave and last wave. This wave I was on every day and I never saw the population of a 10000 person MMO ever go above 300 players.

I never built anything in this wave because of the incoming wipe and I never really tried to skill up due to the difficulty and the pending loss of everything that the wipe will cause.

This is a major issue in my opinion so i am trying to get a poll going because it is effecting this game, and i hope to avoid this great game from vanishing.

So in my opinion what will the test run 4 do for us except see even less people (especially as the above pic shows that it will be the last test run before the beta wave 2), where if we move to wipe the server and characters we can improve the population while still running a beta (which still means there are bugs to be fixed and improvmetns to be made) and the things our character's now do (skilling up & building) are now permanent.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 May 2017, 11:08

TalisStormbringer wrote:My worry is this game is turning into and in some views already is a dead game and they need to do something with the dropping population. I ran this whole wave and last wave. This wave I was on every day and I never saw the population of a 10000 person MMO ever go above 300 players.

I never built anything in this wave because of the incoming wipe and I never really tried to skill up due to the difficulty and the pending loss of everything that the wipe will cause.

This is a major issue in my opinion so i am trying to get a poll going because it is effecting this game, and i hope to avoid this great game from vanishing.

So in my opinion what will the test run 4 do for us except see even less people (especially as the above pic shows that it will be the last test run before the beta wave 2), where if we move to wipe the server and characters we can improve the population while still running a beta (which still means there are bugs to be fixed and improvmetns to be made) and the things our character's now do (skilling up & building) are now permanent.

You think like a bored player and not about the game. Let me explain as simply as possible: The population doesn't matter much at this point, they still have more data then they can chew. If they ask for stress test on something the bigger guilds will arrange that - on the last failed JH the 2 biggest alliances had about 210 players, the 2 smaller ones had about 100 more. From the online of 650 or so players during the JH almost half of them were the bigger guilds - they don't really play now, so the population dropped significantly. The reason they don't play - the game in it's current state is unplayable! How will going for wave 2 going to fix that?
PvP is central in LiF - it can't happen now due to stability problems and lack of optimization. On top of that there is no endgame to keep you in the game (the 2nd reason most players are inactive atm) - there are no economy and no wars, there is only base building to do which most don't have motivation for because of A: there will be wipe and B: there is no rush for improvement if there is no danger and competition (impossible to wage real wars now).

So please tell me how will going to OBT now fix the population issue? Yes short term there will be spike, but after that it will die again and this time permanently. They need the CBT to test, polish and fine tune the war mechanics, the economy and to stabilize the servers so that real PvP is actually possible. OBT without all that is death sentence. And they didn't even implement the prototypes of that yet, that will happen next testrun and who here with any past experience will believe that a miracle will happen and everything will work? So yes there will be 2 or even 3 more testruns before the game is ready to go OBT without that being a death sentence.

Also what you ignore is the lack of wipe after OBT. That means when the OBT starts it's soft release. You can't have major exploits after the no wipe point if you expect the game to live. And such exploits still exist. The traders posts were not introduced this testrun, because the exploit allowing you to have some unlimited resources in top quality is still in the game. Tell me - how is stuff like that going to affect the economy in a no-wipe state? And that's just the top of the iceberg...

As for the grind - this is not a fresh world anymore where the grind is real and painful. The big guilds have x5.5 multiplier food for a long time, just trade with them for it. New recruits that are joining in each new test run level their skills to 90 in 2-3 days, because the grind is much faster with such food + there are materials to level up with.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 18 May 2017, 14:01

I apologize if this has been said already, but I don't have time to read this whole post section.

But it is imperative they do another wave#1 test.

The reason for this is they are not done adding in game mechanics that are vital to the game. *as well as server stability, and sever crossing issues*

The Instanced Battle, and Siege mechanics. For those of the people who are playing in Wave#1 already know, the dev team added a JH in during the last Wave#1.3, I am not sure if it was due to adding in the JH or something else but shit went very very very wrong.

Loss of guild monuments loss of a whole real life day due to roll backs, and most of the community participating in the wave was in discord waiting for info about the whole thing.

Point being Wave#2 is pretty much a soft release, lets test the war and siege mechanics in an environment that is going to be wiped anyways.

I also don't want to play in wave#2 and see JH added back in as a mechanic replacement until they are done with "instanced battles / sieges"

"After the issue being fixed they canceled JH going forward which is why I believe that was the problem."

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 22 May 2017, 08:57

Of course. There should be more phases this CBT 'cause LiF isn't ready for Open Beta yet. I actually would say that there should be also phase 5, 6 and 7 if it has to be necessary.

The Devs know how it should be and what content would come.

Stability is very important and we have to test new Content like trading system, Carts pulled by horses and so on.

Don't worry! Don't hurry!

It's done when it's done.

Be patient.

No one needs a game that's not ready (like Gothic 3).

Return to General Discussion