Should or Should not be an alpha wave 4 (poll)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

To wave 4 or to Beta?

Poll ended at 07 Jun 2017, 08:20

This game is great and I am happy to continue testing in the alpha wave (yes I know all the data will be erased at the end of alpha)
33%
Happy to continue with the Alpha wave 4 but have the skills set at an accelerated rate.
12%
Move onto the Beta way, i am no longer playing or testing because we have waited so long for a final release (yes we still know there could be bugs and are willing to accept them and work with them. we understand beta is not the final release)
38%
I have lost all patience and this game is losing its luster and something needs to be done or I will be moving onto other games and not coming back.
16%

Total votes : 91

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Re: Should or Should not be an alpha wave 4 (poll)

Post by TalisStormbringer » 18 May 2017, 08:00

Bumping this because there is only 59 votes so far.
Last edited by TalisStormbringer on 18 May 2017, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 May 2017, 08:26

What makes you think that the majority reading this will vote?

The population took a take a nosedive, but that's CBT. Releasing OBT now just to get them back is the only 100% way to kill the game before it's even released. So votes of bored players don't really count much and many don't actually vote on this, why would they?

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Post by TalisStormbringer » 18 May 2017, 08:29

Azzerhoden wrote:To have any validity, you have to use the correct terminology. This is not the Alpha wave. This is a Beta wave. It is not wave 3, and you are not polling for wave 4. This is wave 1.

We are here to test the game. Wave 1 will last for as long as necessary for Bitbox to achieve its goals.

You correct to a point.

Yes it is Beta not alpha i could not edit the topic line. But this is test run 3 and we are talking about it possibly going to test wave 4 or to the wipe and moving to wave 2.

You are picking at little things and moving the view into something not relevant.

My worry is this game is turning into and in some views already is a dead game and they need to do something with the dropping population. I ran this whole wave and last wave. This wave I was on every day and I never saw the population of a 10000 person MMO ever go above 300 players.

I never built anything in this wave because of the incoming wipe and I never really tried to skill up due to the difficulty and the pending loss of everything that the wipe will cause.

This is a major issue in my opinion so i am trying to get a poll going because it is effecting this game, and i hope to avoid this great game from vanishing.

So in my opinion what will the test run 4 do for us except see even less people (especially as the above pic shows that it will be the last test run before the beta wave 2), where if we move to wipe the server and characters we can improve the population while still running a beta (which still means there are bugs to be fixed and improvmetns to be made) and the things our character's now do (skilling up & building) are now permanent.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 May 2017, 11:08

TalisStormbringer wrote:My worry is this game is turning into and in some views already is a dead game and they need to do something with the dropping population. I ran this whole wave and last wave. This wave I was on every day and I never saw the population of a 10000 person MMO ever go above 300 players.

I never built anything in this wave because of the incoming wipe and I never really tried to skill up due to the difficulty and the pending loss of everything that the wipe will cause.

This is a major issue in my opinion so i am trying to get a poll going because it is effecting this game, and i hope to avoid this great game from vanishing.

So in my opinion what will the test run 4 do for us except see even less people (especially as the above pic shows that it will be the last test run before the beta wave 2), where if we move to wipe the server and characters we can improve the population while still running a beta (which still means there are bugs to be fixed and improvmetns to be made) and the things our character's now do (skilling up & building) are now permanent.

You think like a bored player and not about the game. Let me explain as simply as possible: The population doesn't matter much at this point, they still have more data then they can chew. If they ask for stress test on something the bigger guilds will arrange that - on the last failed JH the 2 biggest alliances had about 210 players, the 2 smaller ones had about 100 more. From the online of 650 or so players during the JH almost half of them were the bigger guilds - they don't really play now, so the population dropped significantly. The reason they don't play - the game in it's current state is unplayable! How will going for wave 2 going to fix that?
PvP is central in LiF - it can't happen now due to stability problems and lack of optimization. On top of that there is no endgame to keep you in the game (the 2nd reason most players are inactive atm) - there are no economy and no wars, there is only base building to do which most don't have motivation for because of A: there will be wipe and B: there is no rush for improvement if there is no danger and competition (impossible to wage real wars now).

So please tell me how will going to OBT now fix the population issue? Yes short term there will be spike, but after that it will die again and this time permanently. They need the CBT to test, polish and fine tune the war mechanics, the economy and to stabilize the servers so that real PvP is actually possible. OBT without all that is death sentence. And they didn't even implement the prototypes of that yet, that will happen next testrun and who here with any past experience will believe that a miracle will happen and everything will work? So yes there will be 2 or even 3 more testruns before the game is ready to go OBT without that being a death sentence.

Also what you ignore is the lack of wipe after OBT. That means when the OBT starts it's soft release. You can't have major exploits after the no wipe point if you expect the game to live. And such exploits still exist. The traders posts were not introduced this testrun, because the exploit allowing you to have some unlimited resources in top quality is still in the game. Tell me - how is stuff like that going to affect the economy in a no-wipe state? And that's just the top of the iceberg...

As for the grind - this is not a fresh world anymore where the grind is real and painful. The big guilds have x5.5 multiplier food for a long time, just trade with them for it. New recruits that are joining in each new test run level their skills to 90 in 2-3 days, because the grind is much faster with such food + there are materials to level up with.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 18 May 2017, 14:01

I apologize if this has been said already, but I don't have time to read this whole post section.

But it is imperative they do another wave#1 test.

The reason for this is they are not done adding in game mechanics that are vital to the game. *as well as server stability, and sever crossing issues*

The Instanced Battle, and Siege mechanics. For those of the people who are playing in Wave#1 already know, the dev team added a JH in during the last Wave#1.3, I am not sure if it was due to adding in the JH or something else but shit went very very very wrong.

Loss of guild monuments loss of a whole real life day due to roll backs, and most of the community participating in the wave was in discord waiting for info about the whole thing.

Point being Wave#2 is pretty much a soft release, lets test the war and siege mechanics in an environment that is going to be wiped anyways.

I also don't want to play in wave#2 and see JH added back in as a mechanic replacement until they are done with "instanced battles / sieges"

"After the issue being fixed they canceled JH going forward which is why I believe that was the problem."

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 22 May 2017, 08:57

Of course. There should be more phases this CBT 'cause LiF isn't ready for Open Beta yet. I actually would say that there should be also phase 5, 6 and 7 if it has to be necessary.

The Devs know how it should be and what content would come.

Stability is very important and we have to test new Content like trading system, Carts pulled by horses and so on.

Don't worry! Don't hurry!

It's done when it's done.

Be patient.

No one needs a game that's not ready (like Gothic 3).

Return to General Discussion