Will LIF have something similar like the sea battle in Blackwake

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Hakjimmy
Alpha Tester

Will LIF have something similar like the sea battle in Blackwake

Post by Hakjimmy » 15 Mar 2017, 16:34

I just played blackwake for a few days and it was huge fun.With the cannons and other errands you have to run to man the ship ,the sea battle like this is freaking fun. Unfortunately,blackwake has no open world.So will we see something like this in LIF?sort of ship functionality

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Will LIF have something similar like the sea battle in Blackwake

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Mar 2017, 19:21

Hakjimmy wrote:I just played blackwake for a few days and it was huge fun.With the cannons and other errands you have to run to man the ship ,the sea battle like this is freaking fun. Unfortunately,blackwake has no open world.So will we see something like this in LIF?sort of ship functionality

Nothing beyond ships be available some time in Wave #2 has been shared, but based on the time period and other siege items discussed, I would imagine ship combat allowing for bow/xbow fire, some type of siege missile engine fire, ramming, naphtha pots, and boarding. You should probably not expect to see cannons.

At least, I'd be pretty unhappy to have cannons in the game. While primitive firearms were available toward the end of the feudal era, their contribution to the end of the feudal era would be something to avoid.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 16 Mar 2017, 09:22

Bobik said he don"t want gunpowder in LiF.

I'm sure of this information but I'm not able to find a link for verification.

Robjames5
Devoted Believer

Post by Robjames5 » 17 Mar 2017, 19:00

If you want Sea Battles open world... Try Naval Action

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 20 Mar 2017, 08:38

We've seen some ships back in the 2015 trailer. It would be epic if devs implenent stuff like this :)

Drakedge
Zealous Believer

Post by Drakedge » 24 Mar 2017, 16:03

Robjames5 wrote:If you want Sea Battles open world... Try Naval Action

I love that game.

Had a lot of great battles against the British as the Americans. However, had some problems engaging the Spanish, as they would only ever fight if they outnumbered 4 to 1.

Had some skirmishes with the pirates, but they were so disjointed it wasn't often that they won.

Still love the game, can't wait for some more improvements to it.

Const
Zealous Believer

Post by Const » 29 Mar 2017, 20:22

Frigates with cannons are not apropriate for the historical period in the game. But more ancient types of ship are apropriate. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trireme, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galley

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 30 Mar 2017, 06:01

Hakjimmy wrote:I just played blackwake for a few days and it was huge fun.With the cannons and other errands you have to run to man the ship ,the sea battle like this is freaking fun. Unfortunately,blackwake has no open world.So will we see something like this in LIF?sort of ship functionality

Devs stated about this issue a couple of times, and i suppose we will see ships in LiF one day. Still, no gunpowder :pardon:

Return to General Discussion