Will LiFYO continue after the MMO launches?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Jalcock

Post by Jalcock » 02 Dec 2016, 14:50

I have no interest in the MMO, which in my opinion is likely to be a griefer/gankfest. I'm fine on my own YO server, so will those still be offered after the launch of the MMO? Thanks.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Will LiFYO continue after the MMO launches?

Post by Azzerhoden » 02 Dec 2016, 14:52

Yes - they have stated this before in other threads. LIF-YO is a separate game and will continue to receive updates and new features.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 02 Dec 2016, 14:53

As far as I know, lif yo servers are run seperately from lif iteself, so as long as people want to pay to host them yes they will exist, as far as content for lif to continue they have promised us that it will continue with the MMO, meaning anythin that can be added in YO will be added and so on.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Dec 2016, 14:54

Why wouldn't it? :%) Those two games share most of the code and both will be updated.

Iskachan0

Post by Iskachan0 » 28 Dec 2016, 15:24

Sorry for a bit of off-topic.
Just wondering if it's worth to buy LiF YO for now, to get myself acquainted with the mechanics.
At some point I got an impression that LiF YO and LiF MMO are two quite different games. Thus not sure if studying YO will help me much when Wave #2 actually starts.
Thanks for your opinion.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 28 Dec 2016, 15:54

Iskachan0 wrote:Sorry for a bit of off-topic.
Just wondering if it's worth to buy LiF YO for now, to get myself acquainted with the mechanics.
At some point I got an impression that LiF YO and LiF MMO are two quite different games. Thus not sure if studying YO will help me much when Wave #2 actually starts.
Thanks for your opinion.

First of all if you plan to play both you should look at one of the supporter packs that comes with YO as well. Second in theory they are very similar, YO is just a 64 person server version of the same basic coding that makes the MMO which is up to 10k person server. MMO has one set of rules, the many YO servers have various different rules. Yes it will help you to learn the basics and to get used to the game but at the same time even though they are so similar, because of the size of the MMO they are nothing alike. Like skill progression in MMO is drastically slower, there is pvp and less rp, etc. In the end I say buy a pack and you get YO anyways.

Solo_Kamen
True Believer

Post by Solo_Kamen » 28 Dec 2016, 20:14

Iskachan0 wrote:At some point I got an impression that LiF YO and LiF MMO are two quite different games. Thus not sure if studying YO will help me much when Wave #2 actually starts.
Thanks for your opinion.

Iw will help you. Lif YO and MMO are almost identical except you get MUCH bigger playground to play. Also, griefing and killing random people will not get you far if other 500 players keep developing their skill and they will wipe the floor with you.... with a bastard sword in hand.

DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 09 Jan 2017, 04:04

Azzerhoden wrote:Yes - they have stated this before in other threads. LIF-YO is a separate game and will continue to receive updates and new features.

Not sure why anyone would want to play with only max of 64 player rather than being able to join a clan with hundreds to defend your castle that took months to complete only to have no guildies on so it gets taken. With hundreds there is probably always going to be someone on to hold your guilds/clan claim. And help defend it from would be marauders.

I personally think that YO will go pretty quiet after the MMO goes live because the limitations and map size that YO offers compared to the MMO.

That said support them so you can get into wave 2 and get the one with the digital copy of YO so you can get a good grasp on the game because like others have said they are very, very similar.

Unless you like playing single player and small maps and small player base the only reason to get YO is for practice for the MMO. And actually the YO map isnt small. It takes quite a while to run from one side to the others.

The MMO map is just massive. 10k players hopefully more if they allow it is gonna get crazy awesome. Id like to see support for 100k people. Than you have a true war/ battles.

And there may be some people who like to start trouble but think of it like you were actually there in the what was tenths or eleventh century. It happened all the time im sure in real life. And we think we have it bad in these modern times.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 09 Jan 2017, 05:15

One thing to keep in mind, is that YES they said that they will constantly update YO, but they closed official servers about 8 months ago, all you will find are personal servers, and who knows how long people will want to pay for a server they arent using (because they will be in MMO)

Nip
Zealous Believer

Post by Nip » 09 Jan 2017, 20:33

I use the personal YO server to plan and design in GM mode before I starting building anything on a public server. I'm glad they'll be keeping YO version updated along with the MMO.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 10 Jan 2017, 02:29

Nip wrote:I use the personal YO server to plan and design in GM mode before I starting building anything on a public server. I'm glad they'll be keeping YO version updated along with the MMO.

Right, but will those public servers be there in 4 months when the MMO is out? Will people want to pay for servers when they are already paying for the MMO, and when all players are in the MMO?

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 11 Jan 2017, 12:15

Wookiee420 wrote:
Nip wrote:I use the personal YO server to plan and design in GM mode before I starting building anything on a public server. I'm glad they'll be keeping YO version updated along with the MMO.

Right, but will those public servers be there in 4 months when the MMO is out? Will people want to pay for servers when they are already paying for the MMO, and when all players are in the MMO?

Don't worry about players. I'm sure they understand difference between MMO and YO. Some of them will prefer to play on their own created servers with just few trusted friends. :)

Juros_NRE
True Believer

Post by Juros_NRE » 04 Feb 2017, 17:42

Sorry for such a n00b question but its February, if I bought YO now will I just have to buy the MMO in a few months too? I'm a little thick, do the Supporter Packs give you both for one price?

Thank you

BlackjackBarret
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackjackBarret » 05 Feb 2017, 03:14

XOmanowar wrote:Sorry for such a n00b question but its February, if I bought YO now will I just have to buy the MMO in a few months too? I'm a little thick, do the Supporter Packs give you both for one price?

Thank you

I do not believe so, currently things are in beta wave 1, if you got randomly selected for the 1000 spots or purchased a supporter pack you have access to it. The mmo servers are currently down for maintenance so when they go back up it will probably be nearing the end of wave 1. Wave 2 however will give mmo access to all current LIF:YO owners. There will be purchasable content in the game however such as additional character slots. The silver and gold supporter packs give you a LIF:YO key if you wanted to do that instead of purchasing the game through steam.

Hope this answers all your questions and best of luck out there because life is feudal.

Return to Newcomer Section