[Suggestion] wood trunk storage racks

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Baal
True Believer

[Suggestion] wood trunk storage racks

Post by Baal » 29 Aug 2017, 19:46

I think about a new building to pile up and store tree trunks more easily and a solution for less data for servers and game optimisation.

Pile up tree trunk in the right way is tedious, especially when you want to turn them 90° to pile up in the other way. It's tedious and take time to make a good looking pile and often players are bored to do that properly and instead, just pile up vertically, making horrible trunk walls everywhere.

I'm aware maybe some day the game will have a more realistic physics and such trunk's wall will not be possible, but it doesn't solve the problem, just worse it when collapsing wood pile will make server laggy and buggy.

Today a pile of wood is like that (i'm not a coding man i extrapolate) :
#Trunk ID455, world's coordinate x125.15668 y1523.2254 z14787.1421, type hardwood, Q50, quantity 500
#Trunk ID456, world's coordinate x132.1589 y1129.2254 z14787.1421, type hardwood, Q56, quantity 500
#Trunk ID489, world's coordinate x178.15668 y1563.2258 z14787.1421, type hardwood, Q70, quantity 1200

It look like a lot of positioning data (not an expert)

I propose a new building called "trunk rack" or "wood rack", made of planks and billet, build by carpenter or constructor where you want, and used like a container to drop inside tree trunk and stockpile them more easily and properly, using less data in the same way (maybe??).
Like that :
#container woodrack ID125, position x y z, contain in
1:hardwoodtrunk Q50 quantity 600
2:softwoodtrunk Q46 quantity 200
3:hardwoodtrunk Q88 quantity 500
4: ect ect.....

The rack can take one or two tiles in space, can stock a certain maximum amount of trunks, and will automatically stockpile them perfectly in order when dropped inside the rack, without the need to manually position them.

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Re: [Suggestion] wood trunk storage racks

Post by Forresthunt » 08 Sep 2017, 23:32

good idea, it would definitely save lots of time and improve the visuals in game.
it could be option on the skill cap for 90+ Artisan

Paparia
Beta Tester

Re: [Suggestion] wood trunk storage racks

Post by Paparia » 09 Sep 2017, 03:07

i think the sawmill building was a good way to provide wood storage similar to this suggestion but i don't know if they are still working on it or they run into an unsolvable problem and scraped it

GavinMcStine wrote:Great idea, needs to be expanded to allow for building logs and boards too. (A different type of rack)

Brainstorming here but, it would be useful if you could build over the rack, so if you gather the logs and place them in the rack you don't need to remove all the wood resources from the rack to the building. Just place the rack where you think you want the building, skill up what you need for the building then place the building over the rack then once the building is placed, the rack is destroyed with all the wood resources being placed in the construction resource area.

you don't need an extra building to do that you can use the buildings foundation to store the wood in and if you don't know exactly where you need the boards/logs carts and in the future horse carts provide that storage

Return to Suggestions and Ideas