Would like to see a western theme LIF

Why this game is better than any other.

Catalyst317

Would like to see a western theme LIF

Post by Catalyst317 » 14 Mar 2016, 03:09

My friends and I have been talking about the lack of western themed games and the topic drifted towards, 'what if LIF was made into a western'.

To say the least, it really sparked our creative thinking. It would be amazing to play in a western world, build taverns, fight on horse back, wield six shooters, etc.

There is already a market for western games, however there are no games to fill that void. The foundation for the game has already been laid out with LIF and wouldn't require a build from the ground up approach.

Just an idea that would be amazing if it was developed.

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Re: Would like to see a western theme LIF

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 14 Mar 2016, 08:51

Believe it or not, I had that ide araised somewhere in the forums here already years ago before alpha and I was terribly turned down and yelled at :D But I still love that idea as well and with the further progress of LiF now and the experienced modders in the community, in fact by now I don't see why at this stage for YO it shouldn't be possible. I mean the arrow function system could probably be turned into a bullet projectile system, and aside of that there isn't too much to change (well clothes, buildings, etc. but that's not a major issue for a mesher experienced with blender/maya and the like).

I'd love to see a "Into the West" mod :D
Last edited by Heinrich_von_Leipa on 18 May 2016, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

Catalyst317

Post by Catalyst317 » 14 Mar 2016, 09:08

I agree that it would be a great game or mod. I can just see RP servers having an amazing time with something like this. I don't know how much remodeling would need to be done or how intensive that would be, but the basic game mechanics are already there and the world itself wouldn't need to be changed at all.

Every time I am riding a horse, I keep thinking how much fun it would be to have a cowboy hat on with guns at the hip and a lever action rifle on my back.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 31 Mar 2016, 10:01

Maybe one day Lif:YO will support modding more efficiently and someone will make a total conversion. Who knows. :)
Spoiler

Return to Off Topic