Your Own is not MMO anymore?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Myrothas

Your Own is not MMO anymore?

Post by Myrothas » 05 May 2017, 20:41

I bought Your Own because it was said i can play the MMO variant with it. Now i have to pay 50€ to play it? Wouldnt pay another time, supported the devs to make the game, not to make me pay more.
So am i wrong here?

Arebon
Zealous Believer

Re: Your Own is not MMO anymore?

Post by Arebon » 05 May 2017, 20:43

With Your Own you can play the MMO when the Open Beta starts

Myrothas

Post by Myrothas » 05 May 2017, 20:43

So i will be able to play MMO at release?
Thats fine with me. Thank you! <3

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 05 May 2017, 20:44

Owning Your Own gives you a free character ticket you can use to create 1 character for the MMO. You don't have to pay any more, but if you do you get additional character tickets and other benefits like access to the CLOSED beta. Otherwise, having Your Own gives you access to the OPEN beta when it releases (probably before 2018). Just make sure to link your steam to your LiF account via the account section in the topright corner of the website.

Myrothas

Post by Myrothas » 05 May 2017, 20:54

I did that already. Thank you for the details! :)
But isnt an OPEN Beta supposed to be open for all without pay? :oops:

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 05 May 2017, 23:51

Myrothas wrote:I did that already. Thank you for the details! :)
But isnt an OPEN Beta supposed to be open for all without pay? :oops:

pretty sure to play in the open beta (wave 2) you need to have atleast bought LIF:YO

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 06 May 2017, 00:08

Arebon wrote:With Your Own you can play the MMO when the Open Beta starts

I (honestly) don't understand why people say that.....

At Open Beta => everyone and anyone can play?

It's a soft launch, if you don't have YO and if you didn't buy into the Beta you will also be able to play.

I know it sounds like I'm putting oil on the fire, but it's been troubling me for ages and I really don't understand this.

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 06 May 2017, 00:54

Scratchit wrote:

It's a soft launch, if you don't have YO and if you didn't buy into the Beta you will also be able to play.

I know it sounds like I'm putting oil on the fire, but it's been troubling me for ages and I really don't understand this.

? where was it confimed by a dev that you can play wave 2 for free?

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 06 May 2017, 02:41

Jakeman wrote:
Scratchit wrote:

? where was it confimed by a dev that you can play wave 2 for free?

I thought the game was free to play?

If so, then so is the open beta.

It's always been like that in every mmo...

No one "officially" knows the price of transferring a character from the newbie continent and/or of even having a character.

They could advertise "free to play" but make you pay to to play off the continent. Technically, it wouldn't really be a lie, but I doubt they would do that cause even if technically it's not a lie, everyone who reads "f2p" will think that they can play for free ie: they will get a character and they won't be stuck on newbie island.

If they did that, they would get a hell of a lot of bad press.

So assuming it's free to play, and the open beta too, I don't get this thing about YO owners being "allowed" to play at the open beta.

Unless, like I said just above, the game isn't really f2p and YO can play for free since they will have a free character slot and/or transfer from newbie island.

Hope this illustrates better my question?

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 06 May 2017, 02:53

my bad, I was wrong, apologies.

In checking my own information I also answered my own question. Just in case anyone is wondering :

This is from the FAQQ :

Life is Feudal: MMO will use a combination of B2P and F2P (free to play) model. You will be able to download the client for free and stay on the newbie island for as long as you want, but the newbie island will be wiped of changes every day and your skillcap on the newbie island is set at 150. You can read more about the newbie island mechanics here. Leaving the newbie island will require a certain amount of special in-game currency, which can be bought with real life funds. The special in-game currency can be spent later on some vanity items in our in-game shop, too.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/FAQ

so YO owners, if they get a free transfer off of newbie island, will be saving that cost (no idea what it will be).

Still, other than that, as I understand it, anyone at all will be able to to purchase that "special in game currency".

Although, assuming you can't earn that currency on the newbie island, people with a free character might be able to earn that ingame which may allow them to purchase more character slots without spending IRL money.

Again, apologies, it's a very peculiar model, this took me a while.

Return to Newcomer Section