I would add howered not 3 but 4 levels and 2 variations of same building (rock/wood):
Lvl 1 - Roadside chapel
- its not much i would suggest a little bonus towards piety progress when you pray at it. Like name suggest it is built to give comfort in prayer for those who often travel.
Lvl 2 - Chapel
- Important building that every stronghold/castle had. A better bonus towards piety progress when praying at altar while sermon is in progress.
Lvl 3 - Church
- What i can say quite big building and quite expensive - to make it you required to have some gold. Quite big bonus towards piety progress and when praying at altar while sermon is in progress. Possess a bell which give luck for ingame day.
Lvl 4 - Cathedral
- Massive building that require enormous space and should be the most pricey building to build next ofc to large keep or perhaps more - required to have quite big pocket with gold. Big bonus towards piety progress and when praying at altar while sermon is in progress. The same possesses a bell that gives massive luck for ingame day.
Also addition ideas and functions that churches should allow:
- Ability to give offering in exchange for temporary personal(not guild) luck at altar (similar to monument progress). It will not succeed if offering is not good enough.
- Pray for working class (Church - lvl 3) - Gives priest ability to pray for class of his own choosing - alchemist, blacksmiths etc. ONLY ONE CLASS per day.
Ok i run out of ideas.
Sorry for "Engrish"