I guess not everybody fells the same, but i think it is too easy to survive in this game. You just have to find an high quality apple tree and your food production is safe. There is no need for shelter, clothes, drinks, sleep and hygiene.
There are alreaddy some requests, which would make ingame life a little bit harder, but would be great in combination.
I will also give a link to each single request, so you can vote vote there too, if you like the idea.
- Body temperature and sickness should affect your health (here)
If exposed to rain or snow your bodytemperature should drop and the character should die if the temperature drops to low. THerefore it would be neccessary to have a shelter for the night and cold days as well as warm clothes.
- Thirst should be an issue as well and water should not be too easy to gather and transport (here and here)
You allways differentiate between hunger and thirst, so why not do the same ingame?
- Food should not be indefinatly storable (here)
This would make it even harder to get through winter or to plan a siege or stay alive when sieged.
- Sleep or Resting should be improved (here)
The soft stamina system is ok at the moment but it would be nice if there where other ways to rest instead of just sitting on the ground.
- Personal hygiene should affect your health as well (new idea)
A change of clothes and a warm bath now and then should do the trick, otherwise you could get sick more easily or attract agressive animals.
Feel the will may add items to the list, make a criticize and comment.
There are some suggestions to increase the realism, give more meaning for some skills, items and techniques in the game.
- Cold and heat, need for appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Diseases, infections, fractures, contusions, contamination, etc. Need for drugs and treatments.
For example, get soaked rain could generate a cold, which if left untreated, can reduce the total capacity of life in the status bar.
- Thirst, need for clean water. A status bar?
- Happiness. A status bar?
For example, need to have a beer or wine, rest, make a great meal.
- Sleep, Need to sleep in a bed or sleeping bag. It need not be all night, just a short time to recover.
Sleep would not have a status bar, such as hunger. Only they would be felt to its effects, which would leave the tired character. For example, a character with a light sleep would have its total energy decreased by 10% and receive messages about it. (light sleep -10% 1 days without sleep), (medium sleep -20% 2 days without sleep), (strong sleep -30% 3 or more days without sleep)
- Food should be perishable and must deteriorate over time, making his consumption dangerous and finally impossible. Food conservation methods, cooking, jams, preserves, salt, etc.
- Animal traction to the carts
Sorry for my bad english and if I'm being repetitive...
Let us all remember: Life is feudal.
Thanks for listening
Perhaps there are more serious things to do than what you suggested.