Hi all, great game, really enjoying it, and plenty of good suggestions in here. I hope this one has some merit as well. Increased uses for Straw. We find we go through wheat like crazy, and end up with loads of Straw sitting in our warehouses or just dumped. Some ideas for other uses of Straw:
- Maintenance feed for Cattle & Horses. Straw is used as a fodder for these animals, it doesn't have much nutritional value, but combined with other feed its enough to maintain the livestock. Suggest that straw could be put into the feed box, but that animals will not breed and will rise more slowly in Quality while it is there. Sometimes you don't want your animals to breed, and you are struggling to find stuff to feed them.
- Thatch. Provide more diversity for building design by offering a number of buildings with an alternative thatched roof, requiring plenty of straw.
- Baskets. Straw can be used to weave baskets, another container type that might be particularly good for storing vegetables. (Would be especially cool if you could see what sort of produce was in the basket without having to open it up)
- Mulch. Mulching plowed soil with straw might raise the Quality, or provide a better chance of a big harvest.
- Coarse Rope. Some uses for rope are too ordinary for fine Linen rope, use to Straw to make Coarse Rope, which would be the item used for rougher tasks/items.