This week we have continued polishing our current build version along with working on bigger features for Second Major Update, and have released another small patch that contains fixes for some annoying bugs. You can see the detailed description in the patch notes
At the beginning of the next week we are planning to fully transfer Iriy (and its battle servers) to the .nix OS servers for better performance (in case you’re wondering what this means, check our previous devblog entry
about this), this will require some maintenance, and we will let you know about when it is going to be happening. In addition, we are also working on a patch for LiF:YO - animal sounds should be back with this update, and the grass won’t grow where it is not supposed to. Stay tuned to the updates next week!
Last week the LiFdamage.online
event has ended, and turned out to be really successful: about 580 have taken part in the event, and the best of the best have received valuable prizes.
We asked MIG, the creator of LiFdamage online, and the person behind this event initiative a couple of questions about his project and plans:
How did the idea of creating a project like lif.damage online appear?
– Frankly, there wasn’t any idea of this in the first place. It just happened on the spot and with a great help of LiF:MMO community. In the beginning the log processor was written in Excel in VBA language. I was happy with that, since my goal was to see how was I performing in battles. So, I shared with with my guild mates, and that’s how it started: ‘Can you please make this thing online? Can you please make it with ratings?’. Soon after the community tuned in, and as the project grew, the new ideas appeared that I have been implementing. This has become a very important part of the game for me.
Have you noticed any tough competition for the first places in the rating during the event? Also, did you get any feedback about the event?
– The toughest competition happened to be on Arenas. There were 3 players going on par during the week, having played like 80 Arena fights, strangely enough, they were 2 berserkers and an archer.
As for the feedback, I am really thankful to everyone for it, I’ve received a lot of gratitude as well as a lot of suggestions and ideas, including how to improve the rating calculation formula to make it more adequate. Not sure if it had something to do with the event, but I’ve also noticed an activity boost, including IBs. It was minimum 3 IBs per day, whilst less happened during the previous week.
Do you have any future plans?
Sure! This week I am finishing working on the new version oflifdagame project. The website structure is going to be totally redone, and the following will be implemented:
- Player’s personal account where they will be able to see their statistics based on the log files uploaded before;
- Guild master’s personal account where they can analyze and assess their combatants’ skills;
- Some smaller features that users are definitely gonna enjoy.
And a classic question from us - what’s your job in LiF:MMO and what do you enjoy doing the most?
– I’m a Blacksmith and a road digger. However, lately I’ve been paying less attention to PvE content of the game, I hope myguild mate from Migelia forgive me for that.
Thanks a lot to everyone who participated!
Speaking of events, let’s travel a bit back to Oktoberfest week, as we'd also like to congratulate Grelt Driftwood from Telmun for his victory in the Oktoberfest Cup! Grelt brewed an astonishing 2,902 (90q+) beer items to secure his position as this year's best brewer. Thank you to everyone who participated, this was a total blast! We hope you enjoyed it as well, please, let us know if you have any requests or ideas for the events, we would like to hear from you! As usual, contact @Paul F on discord, or hit us up in the comments or at email@example.com
Have a great weekend!
— The team