This is easier said than done but I believe is crucial for a game. Every popular game has smooth and natural looking animations because it just feels good to play. Below I will list what I mean:
- Jumping animation could use work.
- COMBAT fluidity is definitely needed. If players could switch their attack direction smoothly with right click, (with stam cost), this can add strategic gameplay with feinting. Also the animations themselves could be a little less robotic.
- The transitions between animations really need work. If you do any combo, your character unnaturally snaps into the next animation. Changing this would make combat much more aesthetically pleasing.
- Shields are unable to block mid-wind-up which I consider a problem since weapons can do this. Plus this would complement my feinting suggestion above.
- Blocking in general can be very unreliable. I can never block the bardiche especially with a one hander.
- For those of us who have inverted combat, the opposite arrow clunkiness has got to go. That sort of polish would make the game feel better and shut up knit-picky people like me.
- One of the biggest problems I've noticed is the desync. It makes landing stabs difficult and sometimes weapon will go through someone.
Besides that, excellent job with the game, love where it's going. Been having lots of fun in the arena, keep up the good work.