1st Test Run of Closed Beta Tests is Over!

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: 1st Test Run of Closed Beta Tests is Over!

Post by Sharana » 02 Jan 2017, 22:36

Lustmord wrote:Dear Devs,
Have you been following any of the big fights that occurred during this test? For anybody that doesn't know it for some reason, the trend right now are horses. Either lancers or horse archers. 90% of people were using one of these in any big or small fights in the MMO. I could live for now with archers using horses, because these horses can be an easy target for friendly archers and lancers, leaving enemy archers alone in field.
What I don't understand is why lancers on a dirt cheap warhorse are so OP right now? Why the warhorse without any armor has 2-3 more hp that any foot soldier? Why a horse without any kind of protection is not dead after a couple of good thrusts to it's throat or a heavy hit to it's legs? Why the lance damage is so high? Basically a lancer can kill anybody in 3 hits. To kill a warhorse you need 10-15 hits from a partisan. Why the warhorse is regenerating health faster that a god damn wolverine? Why the rider can get on horse instantly, without any progress bar or cast time, without any chance to interrupt it?
You can say that we can use traps against horses, but a lancer has to be either blind or stupid to step into them. You can say that we have pikes against them, but the pikes are trash since it immobilizes the user and can be viable only in a 1v1 situation A pikeman is a sweet cherry for any archer, melee or even a 2nd lancer that just charges his back. Shields won't help much here as well, you'll just die slower. From the whole arsenal, there are only polerams that can be somehow useful against horses. Considering the fantastic balance for polearms and weapons in general, we can throw out everything except Partisan and maybe Glaive. I wouldn't have a problem if all things I described would work only for heavy horses, that could have some logic since it's expensive, has metal armor, requires a lot of extra skillpoints and is slow. What I don't agree with, is that a class should be so much better than anything else in the game, has speed, damage, HP advantage over everything else.

This is not a topic where combat balance should be discussed. I suggest you to make dedicated topic, it will be popular. I made topic about the balance how infantry will be obsolete in the MMO 6 months ago (during the summer), but only few saw it for real until some guilds actually started using mounted fight tactics to wreck infantry heavy groups that the issues was acknowledged by many.
class-balance-in-field-battles-t19729/

First of all how can you consider horse archery less of a problem then lancers? Where is the logic for archer with 30 points on chivalry (to unlock mounted fight on 0) jump on a horse (or dismount) in a moment, have the same speed and same horse hp as lancer who has 90 points in mounted fighting mastery? Catching skilled horse archers with friendly lancers is possible only in someone's dreams. But that goes for skilled ones who for now are minority.

As for warhorses hp - it's the same reason players don't die from 1-2 hits. The heavy horse is only shock cavalry against infantry, the regular lancers on normal warhorses will wreck them without taking more then 1 hit.
We don't game with 1 hit kills, so we have to scale everything to silly levels - lancer will charge you 3 times instead of once for 1shot kill, his horse will die from few hits x3, when you dismount him he can magically jump back instead of breaking his bones and finishing his battle.

Other then that the mounted fight tactics were clear since the summer when we saw the MMO map - unlike YO it's mainly huge open places with no or only few trees. That's paradise for cavalry which was very rare in YO, you could always hide either in the forest or near the water. You wouldn't suggest that that cavalry shouldn't be the main fighting force when it comes to open field battles?
Partisan is broken enough, mainly it's hitbox range compared to the actual weapons lenght, but it's not for killing horses - long pike does that in 2 hits. Yes the pikeman is standing still, but that's more then normal with such insanely long weapon. It's a team fight - you need combination of all kind of troops to be successful, not only few. The proportion depends on the fighting location, can't be universal. You can't counter lancers with pikemens alone. You can do that with pikemens + own cavalry + archers/horse archers.
Also the horses are trend, because of the mobility it gives you (and the horses production is 1 of the main economical components for war needs) - the entire group moves faster, even the melee guys. They can ride around bumping enemy players and dismounted to fight as melee when the situation asks for it. Going with infantry only on open field battle against cavalry is like bringing a knife to a gunfight which is not a balance problem on it's own. But many of the stuff that make cavalry so much better then non-cavalry is a balance problem.

Arzi

Post by Arzi » 03 Jan 2017, 11:50

So many crying kids... "I want it now dady!!!"

Fynn_Skarrlund
True Believer

Post by Fynn_Skarrlund » 03 Jan 2017, 13:08

Arzi wrote:So many crying kids... "I want it now dady!!!"

Yeah I payed 30€ for this fucking few days to play. It was not for sure when the server are going down. All think they run till February.

No fu..ing Cent from me for this Game that never will be released, i guess!
To finish first, you´ve to finish first!

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 03 Jan 2017, 14:38

Fynn_Skarrlund wrote:

Yeah I payed 30€ for this fucking few days to play. It was not for sure when the server are going down. All think they run till February.

Not a cent from you ? yet you have YO I'm assuming and paid for a founders pack, stop crying seriously and put more effort in to supporting the devs. :good:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 03 Jan 2017, 15:58

Fynn_Skarrlund wrote:

And you will get to play in Feb, and probably March, and frankly, probably in April. Possibly May as well.

I would not expect to see the open beta until late spring, possibly early summer. That's not on the original schedule but delays are a fact of the game development world.

What separates Bitbox from other game companies is that they actually care about their relationship with players. In past waves they have extended them when issues impacted play-ability. I believe they would do so again.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 03 Jan 2017, 17:26

Azzerhoden wrote:
Fynn_Skarrlund wrote:

What separates Bitbox from other game companies is that they actually care about their relationship with players. In past waves they have extended them when issues impacted play-ability. I believe they would do so again.

You're right, there's not a single game company who compensates their customers with free game time to coompensate for downtime!

Oh and my cynical side is telling me that if they extended past beta or alpha waves, it wasn't to compensate players for downtime but maybe rather because they felt the game wasn't ready for the next phase.

Relgior
True Believer

Post by Relgior » 04 Jan 2017, 19:34

I'm also angry,

First ... DEV's youre game is great.

But

I'm owner of LIF:YO so i could play MMO Beta at starting WAVE#2.

After that "ENLIGHTED NOW NEWS" i start to think about to buy a BELIEVER PACK.
I didnt want to wait until late Q1.

I did it and paid 30€ for a beliver pack on 25 Dec. .

At 28.12.2016 NEWS
you closed WAVE#1 and start WAVE#2 early february.

If i had known that i couldnt play anyway i didnt bought a believer pack.

So i believe that i paid 30€ for 3 days playing.

And that makes me really angry.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Jan 2017, 19:35

Relgior wrote:At 28.12.2016 NEWS

Nope. Wave #1 will continue in few weeks. ;)

Relgior
True Believer

Post by Relgior » 04 Jan 2017, 19:38

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

:good:

Bestial

Post by Bestial » 04 Jan 2017, 19:49

there is no other good games to play , maybe just open it up again now :Yahoo!:

Silander
Zealous Believer

Post by Silander » 05 Jan 2017, 07:45

I cannot understand why everyone is complaining like everyone I would like to be playing now but this is a beta test and needs to go down at times so that the devs can fix the bugs.

The people complaining now are the ones who constantly complain about problems and when the game goes live want there money back because of bugs you cannot have it both ways I prefer it to get fixed in beta because don't forget it will be wiped after phase 1 is complete.

Keep up the good work as I look forward to playing this for a long time.

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Post by Fearless » 05 Jan 2017, 08:39

Arrakis wrote:
Relgior wrote:At 28.12.2016 NEWS

Nope. Wave #1 will continue in few weeks. ;)

"few weeks" :Bravo: :Yahoo!: :beer:

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 26 Jan 2017, 00:13

in russia - they learn english without such details. few weeks for them looks like no more then 52. :beer:

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 26 Jan 2017, 00:15

Relgior wrote:I'm also angry,

But

At 28.12.2016 NEWS

ask xsolla for money back if you didn't receive a quality according to e-mail letter.

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 26 Jan 2017, 07:32

Palladin wrote:in russia - they learn english without such details. few weeks for them looks like no more then 52. :beer:

When 22 days after Arrakis reply turned into 52 weeks? Maybe in Canada you learn math without such details?

Mikypelliott

Post by Mikypelliott » 26 Jan 2017, 09:59

I don't understand why most of you complain that we can't play right now. And why most of you think that we could not play in February.
A little patience and more common sense, it is all you need.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 26 Jan 2017, 14:01

Olivemanchester wrote:
Palladin wrote:in russia - they learn english without such details. few weeks for them looks like no more then 52. :beer:

When 22 days after Arrakis reply turned into 52 weeks? Maybe in Canada you learn math without such details?

please read carefully "no more then 52" if you need english courses - take it and then reply

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 12 Feb 2017, 10:10

wow 15 days of beta testing and almost 2 months of break.
And no news on the Relaunch... LiF are not hardcore players are just... :angel:

https://youtu.be/vXsutlz0GIQ

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Post by Zennoya » 12 Feb 2017, 21:39

Relgior wrote:I'm also angry,

But

At 28.12.2016 NEWS

I payed 50 euros to play as alpha tester to see how they decide to stop MMO progress and make YO.... they had time to make YO, they had time to make Forrest Village. And im still waiting 3rd year for that MMO to play for a week and see another 2 month downtime.

Believe me, You dont even know what "really angry" stands for.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 12 Feb 2017, 22:22

Zennoya wrote:I payed 50 euros to play as alpha tester to see how they decide to stop MMO progress and make YO.... they had time to make YO, they had time to make Forrest Village. And im still waiting 3rd year for that MMO to play for a week and see another 2 month downtime.

Believe me, You dont even know what "really angry" stands for.

When have we stopped working on the MMO? Did we miss something? :shock:

Also, are you not aware that MMO and YO share similar code and features/fixes implemented in YO will appear in MMO? And that we have not developed Forest Village but we are merely a publisher? We can handle constructive criticism, but it would be nice if you'd not spread such false accusations, as we are constantly working hard to provide a much more stable build for the next wave #1 test run.

GreenArrow35
Beta Tester

Post by GreenArrow35 » 12 Feb 2017, 22:53

I prefer waiting some few more days and have Something near perfect than restarting the test run with bugs...
i paid too for the game but we cant do anything for the moment so let them do their jobs and stop crying about "when is the restart"

have a nice day all

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Post by Zennoya » 12 Feb 2017, 23:30

Oh Im sorry for the "false info", I had probably lost a track because THREE YEARS have passed.

You want to see constructive criticism?
If i make fundraiser campaign that will sell flying car, promise everyone flying car, show videos and presentations how that flying car will looke like, operate etc. and prove to everyone that I am able to make flying car. And after i gather all the funds i would announce "you know guys, we will use that cash to build just a standard car, and sell them to people but dont worry, we are still working on flying car, cause it will have same steering wheels and car seats as the standard one" it wouldnt end with "false accusations". It would end in court as its a scam.

I payed for MMO. To alpha test MMO. To beta test MMO. Three years ago. I chose it, because i believed in You and you promised alpha will start in 2 months. And i hate "private server's mmo's" while theres tons of those everywhere around and there was not even a sign of YO those days. If i liked YO way of gaming i would choose one of those that already exists instead of giving you my cash. I wanted real MMO and you have promised it to me. You said no word those days about making different game "in meantime" even if its very similar.

If you say that "stopping progress on MMO" is false accusation tell me please: How many alpha beta tests were meantime? How many client patches to MMO have you released since 2014?
Theres difference between "working on both games at a time" and "working on a different game with hope that one day you will use its engine in other game cause its similar".

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 13 Feb 2017, 00:38

Zennoya wrote:Oh Im sorry for the "false info", I had probably lost a track because THREE YEARS have passed.

If i make fundraiser campaign that will sell flying car, promise everyone flying car, show videos and presentations how that flying car will looke like, operate etc. and prove to everyone that I am able to make flying car. And after i gather all the funds i would announce "you know guys, we will use that cash to build just a standard car, and sell them to people but dont worry, we are still working on flying car, cause it will have same steering wheels and car seats as the standard one" it wouldnt end with "false accusations". It would end in court as its a scam.

I payed for MMO. To alpha test MMO. To beta test MMO. Three years ago. I chose it, because i believed in You and you promised alpha will start in 2 months. And i hate "private server's mmo's" while theres tons of those everywhere around and there was not even a sign of YO those days. If i liked YO way of gaming i would choose one of those that already exists instead of giving you my cash. I wanted real MMO and you have promised it to me. You said no word those days about making different game "in meantime" even if its very similar.

If you say that "stopping progress on MMO" is false accusation tell me please: How many alpha beta tests were meantime? How many client patches to MMO have you released since 2014?
Theres difference between "working on both games at a time" and "working on a different game with hope that one day you will use its engine in other game cause its similar".

You are obviously not familiar with circumstances that lead to the creation of Life is Feudal: Your Own, which would indicate that you did not follow the news for a very, very long time.

And once again I will try to explain to you - YO and MMO share similar code, and if you will take a look at the list of patch notes, you will see quite a lot of patches with new features and bugfixes that were also implemented in the MMO. If you didn't get a chance to take part in the mmo tests last year, just go through all the news, patches and dev blogs that you have missed. This should clear things up for you. And in case that wouldn't be enough for you, there are also multiple videos on youtube from the MMO tests. So please, do explore our website a bit first, familiarize yourself with all available information, check youtube videos etc. A lot has changed since 2014, just see for yourself ;)

Harakrishna
Zealous Believer

Post by Harakrishna » 14 Feb 2017, 14:55

Hey guys why there is always people crying ???
Do you think it is helping devs to correct bugs and develop the mmo ??
NO so stop now... they loose their times to answer you!

You can watch on videos or beta testers' feedbacks that there is still some important bugs to correct...

Do you want to play in a unplayable MMO ?? us no... so lets them work...

It"s gonna be soon ...

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Feb 2017, 16:05

Zennoya wrote:Oh Im sorry for the "false info", I had probably lost a track because THREE YEARS have passed.

".

On top of everything previously said, the fund raising campaign failed. The money that was successfully raised came from YO sales.

You really need to pay attention more. It will save you from embarrassment.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Angelyne
Zealous Believer

Post by Angelyne » 14 Feb 2017, 16:19

Ok, i'm sorry but i'm not clear with all that news :

Wave 0 ended then Wave 1 will start this month ? (or few weeks later)
There will be a wipe between last run and this run ?
When will start wave 2 (approx)
there will be a wipe between wave 1 and 2

I saw many information everywhere and noone say exactly the same things.

thanks for your answers

:beer:

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 14 Feb 2017, 17:33

Angelyne wrote:Ok, i'm sorry but i'm not clear with all that news :

Wave 0 ended then Wave 1 will start this month ? (or few weeks later)
yup, although I think wave 0 = wave 1 and wave 1 = wave 2 (there is no wave 0) I think !?

There's only 2 waves to beta 1 anyway.

There will be a wipe between last run and this run ?
nope, there will be a wipe between beta 2 and open beta (that's when you can use your advance from buying pack (((which imo is kinda stupid but meh)))

When will start wave 2 (approx)
can't remember this one, someone else plz answer :)

there will be a wipe between wave 1 and 2

only wipe will be between beta 2 and open beta, which more or less bascally means that (as so many other games these days) open beta will be launch

I saw many information everywhere and noone say exactly the same things.

thanks for your answers

:beer:

NP I work for free, send me some high quality food ingame :D

Angelyne
Zealous Believer

Post by Angelyne » 14 Feb 2017, 17:45

thanks, that match with info i get from elsewhere earlier

W2 (launch then) : some said that was around october, i guess it's far to be sure, but is it actually the correct "expected" date ?

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 14 Feb 2017, 18:11

Angelyne wrote:thanks, that match with info i get from elsewhere earlier

W2 (launch then) : some said that was around october, i guess it's far to be sure, but is it actually the correct "expected" date ?

I'm not sure but what I'm going on is :

open beta starts before the end of the year (maybe? towards the end of the year, closed beta 2 (maybe?) this summer and the "official launch", early next year.

Angelyne
Zealous Believer

Post by Angelyne » 14 Feb 2017, 18:40

ok so "launch" (open beta launch if no wipe) is expected end of this year so.

Return to News and Information