adding items via procedure while game is active?

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own
Eslake

adding items via procedure while game is active?

Post by Eslake » 20 Mar 2015, 23:52

I have worked out a temporary method for working windmills and quern-stones, and wine presses using a procedure tied to the scheduler.

Deleting exhausted source materials (wheat, grapes) is simple enough, there is a function for it.

But adding the resulting materials only 'appears' server side. As with most things, direct edits server-side won't show up until a reboot.

But moving 'movable' objects and a number of other things cause a refresh somewhere.. I simply can't find it.

Does anyone know what or where the selective refresh is?

Razoreqx

Re: adding items via procedure while game is active?

Post by Razoreqx » 21 Mar 2015, 01:36

Eslake wrote:I have worked out a temporary method for working windmills and quern-stones, and wine presses using a procedure tied to the scheduler.

Deleting exhausted source materials (wheat, grapes) is simple enough, there is a function for it.

But adding the resulting materials only 'appears' server side. As with most things, direct edits server-side won't show up until a reboot.

But moving 'movable' objects and a number of other things cause a refresh somewhere.. I simply can't find it.

Does anyone know what or where the selective refresh is?

That's a good question. Ive been playing with the exact same scripts to make presses and windmills work as well. I'll let you know if I make any progress. Right now its only on reboot for us as well.
Razors Edge
A Life is Feudal Persistent World
http://razors-edge.org
22 Custom MODS / Custom Graphics models Planned. Visit our Gallery.

Eslake

Re: adding items via procedure while game is active?

Post by Eslake » 22 Mar 2015, 00:35

Razoreqx wrote:Right now its only on reboot for us as well.

You can force an update if the items are inside of a movable container by picking it up and putting it back down again.

But not by calling the procedures to do so from the server-side.

This is a big one really..
There is very little modding interest in the game because there is no means of forcing an item to Delete or Create into the game environment real-time.

And since the game has fallen from about 1100 servers, 1k normal, 20ish with 32+ users, and about 1/2 at 0-1 users 3 weeks ago even with all the problems..
to now rarely breaking 900, with fewer than 10 over 20+ users, and over 90% of them at 0-1 users.
... They Need To Get Some Interest.

I know the MMO is their real goal, but if they aren't selling any copies of Y-O to fund it, they're never going to get there. And unless my MA is very flawed, they average less than 10 copies/day over the past 3 weeks, and very likely fewer than 3 copies/day in the past week.

It was often stated, and rightly so, that if MineCraft had remained un-moddable it would never have sold more than 5000 copies.
Unless they have something up their sleeves to draw large amounts of interest in the very near time frame, they need to start working toward a mod-friendly product.

Return to Game mods