ARCHERY!! ARCHERY!! ARCHERY!!

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Guille
Beta Tester

ARCHERY!! ARCHERY!! ARCHERY!!

Post by Guille » 24 Jan 2017, 14:28

By far archery in game is okay but I have a few ideas and improvements that can be addressed. For most games I played this is probably the second best archery mechanics I have seen in games.

-Eagle Eye ability- I can not stress this enough we should be given the ability to zoom in or focus while aiming or shooting a bow. Having this ability would make playing as an archer or crossbowman. I got this idea from playing Arma 3, and a another popular game know as Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V. Please Implement this idea it would much appreciated by me and a few other bowman out there in the LIF community.

-Combat Cameras/Angles- 3rd person shooting with any bow is very difficult the crosshair is out of place like really out of place. The easiest way I found to shoot in 3rd person is to just use the arrow tip or your hand to aim at your target and pray it hits haha. The patch that changed the combat cameras needs to be redone. I have an idea IDK if you amazing devs can do it or not but my idea is that instead of using the same cameras for melee fighters and archers instead make it to where bowman and the melee fighters have their unique camera angles for 1st and 3rd person combat, this also includes crossbowman to have the same camera as an archer.

-The Volley Shot- I personally find this ability to be the most useless mechanic and the most broken in game. Volley is garbage in its current state the accuracy is horrible you almost never hit your target you maybe land a shot after 200 shots or 20 volleys. Okay so lets say devs decide to fix it make it to where you can actually hit a group of 10 people and not miss them it would break that in game mechanic hold on and quit typing let me explain. First reason it would break the game or become to OP is the range on that thing it makes no sense how I can shoot from the east coast clearing on the LIF:YO island across to the small island east of the clearing you the island newb island guys keep up! Okay now going back to why it is useless ability I don't get why I have to waste around 10k fire arrows to burn down a warehouse that was GM built or insta built which makes the building only 5k out of 5k durability. Okay just imagine if the devs are like wow you know we need to fix this because fire arrows are useless also then boom that broken range is going to burn your base down from like 400 tiles away with a shortbow. Devs I ain't trying to talk BS about the game but please remove this ability/mechanic from the game and implement eagle eye ability that was mentioned above.

- Equip Item Bug- Lets imagine you are in an open field battle and you are out of arrows so you get out of attack stance to equip some more. When you go back into attack stance it bugs the hell out of me that I have to redraw my bow even though I just had it out. It doesn't happen when I go in and out of attack stance only when I equip something and this happens for everyone melee fighter you name it the weapon you were using after you equip something has to be pulled out again which isn't hard but F's you if you are running towards someone thinking you have your weapon ready to auto draw. If anyone hates this as much as I do please comment below because this annoys me and I am sure it may annoy some people of the LIF community.

Overall this is what I came up with I hope everyone that views this post leaves a comment expressing their opinion in detail, also leaving some features or ideas they think should be implemented/fixed/reworked this will not only help get the devs attention but will improve the overall game experience for the LIF Veterans and the new members of the community.

Fuck it to be continued... :shock:

Arthur Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Re: ARCHERY!! ARCHERY!! ARCHERY!!

Post by Arthur Pendragon » 24 Jan 2017, 14:51

These were all well written ideas, I just personally disagree with them.

1. Eagle eye ability just seems strange and un-natural, the way it currently stands works fine once you learn how.

2. Im glad that 3rd person anything is difficult, I am a person who plays LiF for its realism (obv' excluding teleporting home) and believe that all combat should be done in first person for maximum effect.

3. The 'Volley Shot' is far from useless, and from my experience is best used with 3-4 other people firing around the same area. Our group have had some great attacks from the barrage of arrows that a few people can send over walls (even better with arrow stands).

4. I dont understand your problem here, you state that you were "out of arrows" so your crossbow wouldnt have been drawn. It does get annoying when you have arrows and have to redraw but I like to think of it as a fix for quick switching between bow and blades.

Eldragodir
Beta Tester

Post by Eldragodir » 02 Feb 2017, 20:17

1. I don't like the eagle eye ability. In the current system, you see a difference between someone who hast just skilled and a good archer. With the eagle eye, there is no different. Archer would get to easy.

2. I play this game in 3rd person and yes now it is impossible to shot an arrow in 3rd person view. The crosshair is in this view just useless. I would like to shot in 3rd person view, but I think also shooting in 1st Person makes it more real. For me it is okay to change the view when I will use a Bow or Crossbow.

3. The Volley Shot is the best thing on the archer. I really love it. The range of it is pretty far. But to aim at something is just crap. I have tested it with different bows and every time you see the red crosshair just in a small area. The most time it is outside of the field of view. This should be reworked.

4. I don’t know this bug.

And at the end something where I think it could be implemented.
Now, you shot with a crossbow and after that you can't move because the character is reloading. Because of this it is dangerous to use crossbow on a wall. That you can't move while reloading is good. I should be possible to reload manually. So, you can move after a shot and reload on a good position.

Yhym

Post by Yhym » 22 Mar 2018, 00:45

i am playing archer, and also would like to shoot from 3rd person, why the corsair is in the different place after switching camera from 1st person to 3rd, should be the same

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 03 Apr 2018, 07:10

Arthur Pendragon wrote:2. Im glad that 3rd person anything is difficult, I am a person who plays LiF for its realism (obv' excluding teleporting home) and believe that all combat should be done in first person for maximum effect.

In real life you can turn your head like real fast without turning your entire body, move your eyes, and you have 4 senses to accompany your vision. I don't see why people think that 1'st person == realism.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Return to Suggestions and Ideas