Sakuragaoka wrote:when you say "clientside mod" too, does that mean the player will have to figure out how to install the client side on their end or does it more like mean that it'll automatically update their client as they login to the server for the first time?
This means, that there is a client side part of the mod, which is required on client, so the mod can be functional.
Most of mods depends on BasilMod::Pack, so client part of the mod will be automatically downloaded once player joined the server.
Ofcourse, this would only happen if they have client-side basilmod::pack installed (i.e. basilmodloader.zip).
This is the only thing they are forced to install. After that, players should not worry about install/configure/remove anything manually if you change your server mod settings, add or remove certain mods. Basilmod::pack mod will ensure, that client state is intact.
- Your players should be install basilmodloader.zip
- You should install basilmod::pack for the server
- Choose and install any of the mods
- Once joined, players will automatically download any required client parts from your server.
- Play LiF on modded server