BasilMods. Suggestions/ideas. Mods for your server.

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Coondron

Re: BasilMods. Suggestions/ideas. Mods for your server.

Post by Coondron » 12 Dec 2015, 23:39

Really love the sound of your mods!

I would love to get involved with some nice mod projects, but the ones you have outlined in BasilMod's are really well thought out and niche areas of the game to improve.

Love the thought of purchasable NPC guards for 'capitals' and workers for 'villages' along with functioning NPC merchants and quest anchors/. Generic missions such as Herding Cattle to a location and being paid on how many make it etc, these kind of things would add so much immersion for the Role Play servers out there and add potential 'coin sinks' and 'coin generators' for those trying to establish coin based economies on their servers.

Gwaithmai

Post by Gwaithmai » 14 Dec 2015, 09:03

Dear Custodian
First I have to say I love your MODs, awesome! But this is a request please is there anyway you can add a mod that keeps female characters from 'shrinking' when they mount? It ruins the immersion, because instead of feeling like an awesome 'shieldMaiden' you look like you 8yrs old out on a day trip!

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 15 Dec 2015, 22:51

Gwaithmai wrote: But this is a request please is there anyway you can add a mod that keeps female characters from 'shrinking' when they mount? It ruins the immersion, because instead of feeling like an awesome 'shieldMaiden' you look like you 8yrs old out on a day trip!

You can do this yourself.
Spoiler

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 16 Dec 2015, 09:05

Suggestion: No Decay Zone

Anything in the radius of the no decay zone will not have building decay. Basically a claim without the claim (Everyone can interact with objects here)

use case: you want decay on the server but you have a GM island or Events island with stuff you don't want to decay

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 17 Dec 2015, 15:05

Twiztedmike wrote:Suggestion: No Decay Zone

No decay zone itself cannot be created. But it is possible to create neutral claim, i.e. where everyone can interact with items.

Updated head post with BasilMod::Ravens video.
Spoiler

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 17 Dec 2015, 17:50

Idea (not mine, I just worked it out a little): Could you add a horn signal? The drinking-animation could be used as it looks like blowing a horn.

Maybe it could be an craftable Item (just 2D for now) and an own minor skill (higher level raises range where it can be heard for example).

Perhaps several different signals can be added at lvl 30, 60 and/or 90.

This would be an awefully boost to Immersion - and maybe the vikings in my neighbourhood stops singing. :Bravo:

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 17 Dec 2015, 19:45

Laertes wrote:Idea (not mine, I just worked it out a little): Could you add a horn signal? The drinking-animation could be used as it looks like blowing a horn.

This is neat idea. It also can be not only 2d, but equipable.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 18 Dec 2015, 19:42

Custodian wrote:
Twiztedmike wrote:Suggestion: No Decay Zone

No decay zone itself cannot be created. But it is possible to create neutral claim, i.e. where everyone can interact with items.

Updated head post with BasilMod::Ravens video.
Spoiler

That is so cool (The Ravens)!!

Pandaple

Post by Pandaple » 22 Dec 2015, 07:12

Pretty cool stuff, any ETA on when ravens will be available for download, as well as the NPCs? :)

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 22 Dec 2015, 09:12

Pandaple wrote:Pretty cool stuff, any ETA on when ravens will be available for download, as well as the NPCs? :)

Soon (tm) :D
Plan to release some stuff sometime before new year.

Thenavydoc

Post by Thenavydoc » 23 Dec 2015, 16:29

these are awesome ideas. I can't wait for them.

Slvrbuu

Post by Slvrbuu » 02 Jan 2016, 08:15

Eagerly awaiting NPC's. Could lead to bigger and better things, like NPC companions.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 02 Jan 2016, 08:24

Suggestion: Probably very similar to implementing more NPCs, implement some more animals!

Suggestion: Implement bad events (tornado tears up crops, blizzards damage buildings durability, etc)

JamieKG

Post by JamieKG » 06 Jan 2016, 22:21

Hi @Custodian Alot of you mods look very interesting and would like to thank you for taking the time to document them and release them :good:

I do have a suggestion for a mod and thats Join/Leave messages

so a message that displays to all players when a player first joins the server, a message that displays to all players when a player joins for a the 2nd + time and a message that displays when a player leaves the server

once again thanks for taking your time to document and release your mods

Thanks JamieKG
Eternal Gamer
Direct connect: lif.eternal-gamer.com:28000

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 07 Jan 2016, 20:46

JamieKG wrote:I do have a suggestion for a mod and thats Join/Leave messages

so a message that displays to all players when a player first joins the server, a message that displays to all players when a player joins for a the 2nd + time and a message that displays when a player leaves the server

I think this could be added to motd mod. I'll put this on the list.

JamieKG

Post by JamieKG » 07 Jan 2016, 21:52

Custodian wrote:
JamieKG wrote:I do have a suggestion for a mod and thats Join/Leave messages

I think this could be added to motd mod. I'll put this on the list.

Yes very good fit thanks for looking at it
Eternal Gamer
Direct connect: lif.eternal-gamer.com:28000

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 10 Jan 2016, 02:36

Head post updated with BasilMod::Ravens mod topic link.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 11 Jan 2016, 00:17

Head post updated with BasilMod::GMAnnounce link.

Simonred
Devoted Believer

Post by Simonred » 18 Jan 2016, 02:42

It is good that someone is getting creative with LiF:YO and make mods that can make a server feel like something else then all the other.

The problem I have about this is when I read the replys of people ripping on the dev team to not address stuff like this in LiF:YO because they are to focused on the MMO I cant understand.

I would rather have the team forget this game exists and focus 110% on what this game should be rather then address every little thing on a pocket version of ther game.
Its like you all want this and that with NPC and comapions. well its seems to me that you dont want a sandbox MMO free from linar quest chains and pruple epic loot and raid bosses. Play some other MMO and be a hunter, companion fixed and most likely you will find NPCs in that world with 1-2 skills with a health bar and kill 20x of this and get a green item.

Kudos for the work, it looks great, but again I wish people would look passed LiF:YO and see the bigger picture that the devs acualy have a MMO they are working on and used this as a kickstarter to grow ther team and income. And let people know the mechanics of the game and get a feel for it before we all get into that (Most of us. I guess someone gonna just play YO forever(With ther GMs friends because they can console spawn stuff I guess?))

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 18 Jan 2016, 05:55

Simonred wrote:It is good that someone is getting creative with LiF:YO and make mods that can make a server feel like something else then all the other.

The problem I have about this is when I read the replys of people ripping on the dev team to not address stuff like this in LiF:YO because they are to focused on the MMO I cant understand.

I would rather have the team forget this game exists and focus 110% on what this game should be rather then address every little thing on a pocket version of ther game.
Its like you all want this and that with NPC and comapions. well its seems to me that you dont want a sandbox MMO free from linar quest chains and pruple epic loot and raid bosses. Play some other MMO and be a hunter, companion fixed and most likely you will find NPCs in that world with 1-2 skills with a health bar and kill 20x of this and get a green item.

Kudos for the work, it looks great, but again I wish people would look passed LiF:YO and see the bigger picture that the devs acualy have a MMO they are working on and used this as a kickstarter to grow ther team and income. And let people know the mechanics of the game and get a feel for it before we all get into that (Most of us. I guess someone gonna just play YO forever(With ther GMs friends because they can console spawn stuff I guess?))

Fantastic - there are the other 99% of the servers out there that don't have mods

LSG

Post by LSG » 19 Jan 2016, 01:52

Suggestion:
I would like more options as a GM on my server. The ability to heal other players to full, removing effects from other players and summoning players to me.

Pretty much the opposites of what we can do now, we have control over are own characters, but very little over others. If there could be a way to add these, then hosting events on my server would be 10 times better!

Let me know if this can be done, thank you!

Jjreed

Post by Jjreed » 21 Jan 2016, 18:51

Any news on auction. House mod I am really looking forward to it for my server

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 21 Jan 2016, 19:37

LSG wrote:Suggestion:
I would like more options as a GM on my server. The ability to heal other players to full, removing effects from other players

Not sure if this can be done in a safe way.

LSG wrote:summoning players to me.

This can be done. I'll consider adding this to some of the GM related mods.

Jjreed wrote:Any news on auction. House mod I am really looking forward to it for my server

Not yet ready for public release.

LSG

Post by LSG » 23 Jan 2016, 02:04

That's a shame you cannot make a GM healing feature, it's really needed lol. Thank you for taking the time to look into this and reply.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 25 Jan 2016, 05:46

Suggestion: When you hover over an item with your crosshair in GM mode, it shows the GM the itemID, objecttypeid, ownerID, etc.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 25 Jan 2016, 12:58

Twiztedmike wrote:Suggestion: When you hover over an item with your crosshair in GM mode, it shows the GM the itemID, objecttypeid, ownerID, etc.

Unfortunately, such info cannot be received. It can be guessed(by position and model name and so on), but results may be inaccurate.

Madmax0207
True Believer

Post by Madmax0207 » 26 Jan 2016, 07:08

Hi

I Know that it is possible to set the alignment for any player, old or new, who joins the server to a predefined value of e.g. +100. How is this possible though? Could somebody please point me in the right direction how I can achieve this?

MadMax

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 26 Jan 2016, 07:55

Madmax0207 wrote:How is this possible though? Could somebody please point me in the right direction how I can achieve this?

Alignment is stored at your server database, 'character' table, 'Alignment' field. You can adjust it to suit your needs.

Madmax0207
True Believer

Post by Madmax0207 » 26 Jan 2016, 08:11

Hi Custodian

"I know the character table. The question is if there is a way to automatically set the alignment on each join to a certain level, so every player has e.g. 100 alignment whenever he joins the server."

my SQL knowledge are low but i like to learn and understand it.

MadMax

Gwaithmai

Post by Gwaithmai » 26 Jan 2016, 12:15

Dear mister Basil,
I beg you on behalf of all those who love RPing farmers, please could you make a mod so we can put animals into pens? I long to see a few chickens (grouse) milling around the coops, or a sow and boar snuffling in a pen.
I look forward to your reply! :D

Return to Game mods