Bitbox does nothing to cheaters

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Memphis

Bitbox does nothing to cheaters

Post by Memphis » 15 Jan 2018, 18:39

I have lost faith in the devs ability to police their own game. My guild has reported the same character from a neighboring guild twice for using complex macro's/ botting. A GM even came to the site and confirmed it both times. Was this account banned? no. Were their skills dropped? No, Bitbox did nothing.

We also have a problem with some trolls using glitches/exploits to get through our walls. We reported to the devs, they claimed to patch it and said the offenders will be punished. Did they fix the exploit? no. Was the offender banned? no. Bitbox did nothing.

These devs claim they want the community to help them find these cheaters, but whenever you report an exploit you are met with skeptical dismissal, and when you provide tangible evidence, they claim they will take action, but don't.

Arrakis

Re: Bitbox does nothing to cheaters

Post by Arrakis » 15 Jan 2018, 19:07

What you have described are mostly bugs, not cheats. And bugs that we are doing our best to fix. We can't ban people for using such exploits because it's our fault they're there in the first place. No, we are not going to punish people for our mistakes. What we can do is fix these bugs, which, unfortunately, takes some time. And yeah, we failed to fix it with the last patch, but it doesn't mean we stopped working on it.

As for bots, I would ask you to send me a PM here or via our official discord and provide me all the information you have about players that you suspect are botting and we will investigate this.

We will appreciate any help with catching botters.

Eruffini

Post by Eruffini » 15 Jan 2018, 22:04

Arrakis wrote:What you have described are mostly bugs, not cheats. And bugs that we are doing our best to fix. We can't ban people for using such exploits because it's our fault they're there in the first place. No, we are not going to punish people for our mistakes. What we can do is fix these bugs, which, unfortunately, takes some time. And yeah, we failed to fix it with the last patch, but it doesn't mean we stopped working on it.

As for bots, I would ask you to send me a PM here or via our official discord and provide me all the information you have about players that you suspect are botting and we will investigate this.

But you'll ban people who use your games own built in console command to disable fog?

What about Blizzard, who runs the largest MMO in the West? They are the *first* company to ban users of exploits/bugs when reported for them. As does every other MMO developer that wants the word "integrity" to be associated with their reputation.

Food for thought.
Last edited by Eruffini on 15 Jan 2018, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

Protoss111
True Believer

Post by Protoss111 » 15 Jan 2018, 22:04

Arrakis wrote:What you have described are mostly bugs, not cheats. And bugs that we are doing our best to fix. We can't ban people for using such exploits because it's our fault they're there in the first place. No, we are not going to punish people for our mistakes. What we can do is fix these bugs, which, unfortunately, takes some time. And yeah, we failed to fix it with the last patch, but it doesn't mean we stopped working on it.

Why would you not punish people who know these bugs are not supposed to be part of the game and use them as an advantage to harm other players at that point it becomes cheating. Using a broken part of the game for your own gain is the definition of cheating.

Pepsichic

Post by Pepsichic » 15 Jan 2018, 23:09

Eruffini wrote:

But you'll ban people who use your games own built in console command to disable fog?

What about Blizzard, who runs the largest MMO in the West? They are the *first* company to ban users of exploits/bugs when reported for them. As does every other MMO developer that wants the word "integrity" to be associated with their reputation.

Food for thought.

Would like confirmation if the disabling fog command is or is not allowed, havent been using it because I've seen a few places now where people say its not, but then in other places people saying it IS.
:Yahoo!: ----Westhold----- NA Buyan S23---- :Yahoo!:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Jan 2018, 00:30

Disabling fog is borderline. IF you have low-end PC and this helps you squeeze few additional frames per second, then we are okay with that.

Eruffini

Post by Eruffini » 16 Jan 2018, 01:00

Arrakis wrote:Disabling fog is borderline. IF you have low-end PC and this helps you squeeze few additional frames per second, then we are okay with that.

And who makes that determination? This wasn't said as a case-by-case basis, but a blanket statement that disabling fog would result in a ban.

I just don't see how you can say it's "okay" for one set of users but not another, and then *not* act on those who are blatantly using bugs/exploits to break the game and give themselves an advantage.

The difference is that everyone can turn off fog. Not everyone is willing to cheat and abuse the game to play, so why not get rid of those who are abusing?

SteveHarrington

Post by SteveHarrington » 16 Jan 2018, 12:17

i have never seen one cheater in this game ... but its an interesting question....

@devs: is there a cheating problem at all or is there simply no cheater in this game

Arebon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arebon » 16 Jan 2018, 14:31

I know many guilds wich are using exploits and bugs to damage the other guilds very hard, and the devs dont act, they just dont care about it.

so its not i direct cheating, its a bug obusing and exploiting, in every game you get banned and punished for this, but not here, otherwise they have no more players because this buggs exist over months and they cant fix it.

-Glichting inside buildings/walls
-duplicate items
-overload themselfe with endless inventory (Like GM)
-Bugg animals to a endless skill dummy

and so on, the list is to long.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 16 Jan 2018, 15:51

Arrakis wrote:Disabling fog is borderline. IF you have low-end PC and this helps you squeeze few additional frames per second, then we are okay with that.

Exactly what is a "low end PC"?
Without a statement stating what is acceptable and what isnt there is to much grey area. I mean my i5 Sandybridge with 8gb DDR3 could be considered a low end PC, compared to some of the newer rigs out there.

And how do we know what is graphics lag vs network lag. When this games latency issues is renowned at this point. I mean if you are dealing with 500ms ping on NA Buyan Server tile 38 or on EU Avalon server tile 38 during JH, or is it your system cant handle all of the models?
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Olav

Post by Olav » 16 Jan 2018, 17:57

Who are these exploiters? :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :beer:

JohnsonIC

Post by JohnsonIC » 18 Jan 2018, 09:20

If that is the stance on it i would consider making it a settings button to turn it on or off. Personally i don't have a problem seeing in this game now that they don't have night mode that you can't see your hand in front of your face. I have a bad PC and run everything on this game at the lowest setting possible and turn everything i can off. If i had a setting button for it i would probable turn fog off also.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jan 2018, 13:23

JohnsonIC wrote:If that is the stance on it i would consider making it a settings button to turn it on or off. Personally i don't have a problem seeing in this game now that they don't have night mode that you can't see your hand in front of your face. I have a bad PC and run everything on this game at the lowest setting possible and turn everything i can off. If i had a setting button for it i would probable turn fog off also.

We won't make it an option. It's only an option until we disable the console, which will put an end to a lot of 'fun' with commands.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 18 Jan 2018, 13:53

Arrakis wrote:
JohnsonIC wrote:If that is the stance on it i would consider making it a settings button to turn it on or off. Personally i don't have a problem seeing in this game now that they don't have night mode that you can't see your hand in front of your face. I have a bad PC and run everything on this game at the lowest setting possible and turn everything i can off. If i had a setting button for it i would probable turn fog off also.

We won't make it an option. It's only an option until we disable the console, which will put an end to a lot of 'fun' with commands.

Will also end "connecttoserver" and "sfxinit" because theres an infinite sound loop every 30 minutes.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Baratta

Post by Baratta » 18 Jan 2018, 14:29

I know several players who are using an aim bot. No way in hell can I stand behind a tower wall on the 2nd floor behind a wood
pillar and get hit.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jan 2018, 17:04

Baratta wrote:I know several players who are using an aim bot. No way in hell can I stand behind a tower wall on the 2nd floor behind a wood
pillar and get hit.

We will appreciate if you provide us with some video. It would help us a lot.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 18 Jan 2018, 23:19

Baratta wrote:I know several players who are using an aim bot. No way in hell can I stand behind a tower wall on the 2nd floor behind a wood
pillar and get hit.

I can tell you how you are getting hit....

Your back, arms, or butt is sticking out. That is how I shoot most people behind things they think they are covered by.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 19 Jan 2018, 01:31

Hodo wrote:
pillar and get hit.

I can tell you how you are getting hit....

Your back, arms, or butt is sticking out. That is how I shoot most people behind things they think they are covered by.

You're talking about parts of your character clipping through objects, that's pretty messed up if the server doesn't know that.

Tdevera

Post by Tdevera » 19 Jan 2018, 02:09

I see the Devs dont want to ban people for using these bugs / exploits, but we are in a war right now and 3 of the guilds we are fighting use these bugs to get inside of our walls. We have had 12 people quit the game. yes 12, because the devs do nothing and they are crafters. Not PVPers. They will just lose one part of the player base and then you will have 5 v 5 wars in a few months. heck, even some of our PvPers are about to quit as we cant even skill up without people using /stuck or logging out and back in to get inside the walls. And a horse that can jump a wall, fall 50 feet and not die is a bit ridiculous.

Moose2949

Post by Moose2949 » 19 Jan 2018, 04:15

That is like saying someone who left their car unlocked and had it robbed is at fault. Yes it was stupid and they should have locked it, but that doesn't change the fact that the person who stole from the car committed a crime. Anyone who uses an exploit should at minimum be given a temp ban.

Divim82

Post by Divim82 » 19 Jan 2018, 04:51

The thing you guys forget is that this is, in fact, an alpha/beta test. While you and I don't cheat and play the game as it is without trying to break something the ones who do are crucial to the game's development as well, unfortunately. I say the ones who are "cheating" and not reporting it themselves should be penalized but the ones who are reporting these bugs and exploits are doing the game and us a great service. We need to find bugs we need to find cheats and report them that is our duty to make the best darn game together with the development team. :friends:

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 19 Jan 2018, 15:38

Tordr86 wrote:You're talking about parts of your character clipping through objects, that's pretty messed up if the server doesn't know that.

No I am talking about people in first person mode with the bit of cover they are using in front of them, and their backs sticking out the otherside. Not clipping just not behind cover. Because they think, "If I cant see you, you cant see me!"

I have shot people in the arms because they are standing behind a castle wall crenelation thinking they are covered, but their arms are sticking out either side of it.

Moose2949 wrote:That is like saying someone who left their car unlocked and had it robbed is at fault. Yes it was stupid and they should have locked it, but that doesn't change the fact that the person who stole from the car committed a crime. Anyone who uses an exploit should at minimum be given a temp ban.

Yes, according to insurance companies. If you leave your car unlocked and someone steals something out of it, or if you leave your car running WITH the keys in it, and someone takes it. They will not cover the damages done by the theft, because YOU left it accessible due to negligence.

Moose2949

Post by Moose2949 » 19 Jan 2018, 16:24

You seem to miss the point. Bitbox is the car owner, the exploiters are the thieves. It's an analogy. And it's still illegal to steal someone's car. You are intentionally being contrarian hodo.

Hit_the_boten

Post by Hit_the_boten » 19 Jan 2018, 22:20

Arrakis wrote:... We can't ban people for using such exploits because it's our fault they're there in the first place. No, we are not going to punish people for our mistakes.

Bobik: @everyone Just FYI, we've banned 20 accounts (mostly on Buyan) who exploited a recently fixed bug with booster bonus stacking during lagging servers. Our thanks to some good and honest players who had reported this bug instead of exploiting it!

Huh?

Dune3000

Post by Dune3000 » 04 Feb 2018, 20:06

screenshot_001-00002.png
screenshot_001-00002.png (2.96 MiB) Viewed 12755 times
How is this possible to build in sanctuary

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 05 Feb 2018, 15:30

Dune3000 wrote:
screenshot_001-00002.png
How is this possible to build in sanctuary

Cant see the image.. try hosting it on something then posting it.

Return to General Discussion