Feudal MMO. Our main goal is to set an enviroment
where all players can feel useful and important, while
contributing to the whole in roles and activities according
with their own goals and avaliable game time.
For further information, visit our website
About BlackThorne Keep
What you need to know about us
BlackThorne Keep is a guild organized for the Life is Feudal MMO. Our main goal is to set an enviroment where all players can feel useful and important, while contributing to the whole in roles and activities according with their own goals and avaliable game time. There are 3 main ideas that a new player need to know about BlackThorne Keep.
1. We are a Monastic Order: BlackThorne Keep is a fortress of monks, priests and artisans. There, those men hope to perfect their crafts and skills, to teach and care for the travelers and to take the word of The Five to the ones in need.
2. Our Army is a Defending Force: The Sentinels, the standing army of BlackThorne Keep, are a defending force for the keep and the priests and workers in there. Some of them are pious warriors, some of them are guilty men in search of redemption, but all are good of heart.
3. Our Artisans and Crafters are our Treasure: The symbol for BlackThorne Keep shows a wall flanked by thorns, and in the center a jewel. The jewel here represents the wisdom of Art, Crafting and Religion. The true treasure at BlackThorne Keep is knowledge, and the lasting goal is to perfect it and protect it.
Rules and Guide lines for good player to player interaction
1. The Rule of Respect: All players must show respect to all players, members, allies and enemies alike. Be kind and respectful regardless of gender, ethinic group, religion or nationality. A BlackThorne member must be an example of fairplay.
2. The Rule of Role Play: As a RolePlaying guild, BlackThorne members are required to Roleplay within the guild's domains and in interactions with other RolePlaying communities. When interacting with Non Roleplaying players or communities, BlackThorne members are encouraged to Roleplay, but it is not required.
If you find yourself in a situation where Roleplaying might be a hinderance (e.g. trying to get away from non-roleplaying PvP players) you are not required to Roleplay.
3. The Rule of Community: BlackThorne is above all else a group of friends having fun with a game, and all of our interactions must reflect that. We are here to be supportive and to help each other and to make the game interesting and enjoyable for everyone. To that end, our members must be good teamplayers. There are both hardcore players and casuals, and everyone has their roles, and everyone needs everyone else.
4. The Rule of Command: The strengh of BlackThorne Keep is in its organization. Without order we are doomed to failure. To make all things work as intended, all members are expected to respect and uphold the chain of command inside the guild. This will be of special importance in collective efforts, combat situations and in guild events.
5. The Rule of Combat: The vision for BlackThorne Keep is for it to be a place of wisdom, peace and justice. The Sentinels, our army, are a defending force, not a raiding party. With that in mind, all guild members are prohibited from attacking and raiding other settlements, unless under express orders. On the other hand, all members are expected to be prepared to defend our lands and members, at all times against agressive invaders.
Our focus and Objectives
BlackThorne is a guild that was born on Life is Feudal: Your Own RolePlaying servers. We are a mainly RP driven group, with focus in crafting, logistics and diplomatic activities. Although PVP is not one of our priorities, we do know that no one can survive Life is Feudal without capable warriors, but attacking other players is not our priority. Our combatants are more of a defensive force than an attacking group.
Our objective is to build a safe environment where RP and High Quality crafting can flourish, and where every member can feel important and useful with the game time he has.
The BlackThorne Order is organized within a elaborate chain of command, encompassing all the activities that the order undertakes. These activities are sorted under five INSTITUTES that operate in tandem towards common goals. The Institutes are:
MetalWorks: This institute coordinates all the forging and mining activities, from discovering new ore veins to smelting, storing and producing final tools and armory assets.
Engineering: Engineering is responsible for coordinating Architects and Masons, for city planning and Keep development, while managing the logistics pertaining to building resources.
The Sentinels: As BlackThorne's Standing Army, the Sentinels are in charge of combat training, defence protocols and patrol schedules. The Sentinels are also expected to lend support to other Institutes during dangerous endeavours.
Fields and Grain: This Institute takes care of all countryside production of crops, livestock, and ultimately, scrumptious grubs for the Keep. It is here that the farmers, hunters and provisioners coordinate their ongoing battle against the harsh Northern subartic climate.
Bastions: The Bastion's work is to bring solace and care to the members of the keep and their allies. These are the priests, sages and artists. They are expected to lead diplomatic encounters, help the needy in combat zones and spread the word of The Five. Also, the Bastions are in charge of the alchemical supply chain of the Keep.
As a long running RP guild, we have accumulated some recorded history. Our proposal is to use the MMO (or the Grand Colonization, as we refer to it in RP), to make these stories and achievements last forever. Every BlackThorne member will be able to write his own piece of story and contribute to an epic narrative within the world we will create together. Below we present the short version of how the BlackThorne Keep guild came to be and where we will start our story when the MMO arrives.
The Order Foundation: The BlackThorne Order were founded by Cardinal Adrius Blackthorne, more than a decade ago. Adrius used to be a priest on the court of the Old Empire, but when the Emperor decided to abandon his military forces behind enemy lines at the Ehnaean Desert, Cardinal Adrius BlackThorne ignited a rebellion that sought to rescue the abandoned soldiers; among those soldiers was his brother Thommas BlackThorne. The men and women that followed Cardinal Adrius to the desert and beyond swore the BlackThorne Oath and founded the BlackThorne Order.
King Maker: After rescuing the abandoned men from the exotic civilization of the Desert, the BlackThorne Order sought a new place to call home. They ended up in Nelumbra, and started the construction of the first BlackThorne Keep. During his adventures in Nelumbra, Cardinal Adrius BlackThorne was acclaimed King by Rollo Pappon from Rouen, Vill Wood from Skyhill, Ava Soto of Hothsworth, Baldrin Hammerfist of Applenook and others. However the Kingdom was undone by a war that tore Nelumbra apart, and left the Old King half-mad with remorse.
The Calling Back: Years have passed since Nelumbra was abandoned, with just a handfull of loyal members still living at the Old BlackThorne Keep. Stories tell that the Order members spread out of Nelumbra, having abandoned their Keep and the Old King behind, but lately, the Old Brothers of the Keep have started coming back. They were not disbanded, but looking for something - and now it looks like they've found it.
Whatever it is that the Order has found, it has started a calling back. All members scattered around the world were summoned back to the Old Keep in Nelumbra, and even more were invited and recruited.
Cardinal Adrius BlackThorne calls all BlackThorne Brothers back
And now the BlackThorne Keep calls for you! The Grand Colonization is finally happening and we will need all help that we can find to tame this new land and build a new fortress to last for aeons! Come join BlackThorne Keep and help us write and shape history!
BlackThorne Keep uses RPG elements as means of organization. What it meas is that we are using a system with Quests, rewards and Character Sheets to keep things organized and in place. Creating a character at BlackThorne Keep is an immersive experience, one that brings a whole new level for the Life is Feudal game.
Character Sheet Example. Click to enlarge