Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Hodo

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Hodo » 31 Dec 2017, 20:04

Ericcb wrote:
Best comment so far, Wurm had such system, PVP and PVE servers, and it worked fine.

In PVP servers I would have a free loot, all time siege-able claims, but fix the bullshit mechanics (wall jumping, barkboxing and boosting, unstuck). If you want to raid a castle, it should be mandatory to Siege it. The only disadvantage I see is offline raiding small guilds...

That system did not work on Wurm Online. It is bad, there was such a high turnaround on the PVE servers, people would come setup grind up something then quit just as quick. Few players make it more than a few weeks let alone months in Wurm. Leaving massive unfinished projects is a bit broken.

I am already seeing the samething here.. why? Because this is becoming a PVE server with each progressive patch. As long as they refuse to fix Sieges, and lower the cost to a reasonable level it will continue to be a PVE fest here on the MMO.

I am not even a hardcore PVPer but damn when I see people hide behind walls, or logout during JH and then login and rebuild almost as fast as you destroy them.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Monco

Post by Monco » 01 Jan 2018, 19:51

bump

Monco

Post by Monco » 02 Jan 2018, 00:15

"impenetrable fortress"

Joecool56

Post by Joecool56 » 02 Jan 2018, 00:42

Akimangelini wrote:Image

"impenetrable fortress"

how about this

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 02 Jan 2018, 01:16

https://youtu.be/WjPH370Abb8
I agree small group (roaming) it's pvp.
I waited pvp since 2012.
Give me pvp or back my money
When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 02 Jan 2018, 01:46

All I see is Hardcore drama. :crazy:

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 02 Jan 2018, 02:03

No pvp, no drama and DramaQueen will leave this empty game.
I think Devs don't like PVPers. So, soon DarkFall New Down.

Monco

Post by Monco » 02 Jan 2018, 02:11

Joecool56 wrote:
Akimangelini wrote:Image

"impenetrable fortress"

how about this

NEW META REINFORCED TUNNEL BASE CONFIRMED

But seriously... each day I see more and more awful bases, why do we have to be punished if it's their fault that they don't know how to build? It makes no sense. At this point i believe that devs were scared that too much roaming could cause massive server lags and used the "meh we protect carebears" as a merely excuse. But still most people used to roam in small groups of fighters like I did, and actually enjoyed the game back then. Now World PvP is pretty much dead, the only thing that i still can do is go for enemy mines and kill miners,then we wait for backup hoping to have a battle. And it's pretty sad considering that devs called this a "PvP open world sandbox game".

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 02 Jan 2018, 02:27

this a "PvE(player versus Earth) open world sandbox game".

Fixed

Monco

Post by Monco » 02 Jan 2018, 03:05

DramaQueen wrote:

Fixed

Yea i'm afraid they'll have to change the way they advertise this game since the recent changes, PvP and Open World can't go together again since they basically killed World PvP. They should advertise this as a PvE open world game with occasional and planned instanced battles.

bowlin12
Alpha Tester

Post by bowlin12 » 02 Jan 2018, 04:32

So when they patch it for judgement hour to happen 1-2 hours every day. and 2-4 hours for weekends is that not enough of being able to jump over peoples defenses?

Ericcb

Post by Ericcb » 02 Jan 2018, 05:49

bowlin12 wrote:So when they patch it for judgement hour to happen 1-2 hours every day. and 2-4 hours for weekends is that not enough of being able to jump over peoples defenses?

If you cannot do anything in that area it's pointless (town and private claims protection). I'm not asking to be able to jump walls (which seems unreal and cheaty), but to be able to open a box, take something off a body or break some sticks (drying rack) without some celestial force stopping me...

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 02 Jan 2018, 10:04

Drama makes a game fun.
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 02 Jan 2018, 12:53

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 02 Jan 2018, 14:45

Akimangelini wrote:
DramaQueen wrote:

Fixed

Yea i'm afraid they'll have to change the way they advertise this game since the recent changes, PvP and Open World can't go together again since they basically killed World PvP. They should advertise this as a PvE open world game with occasional and planned instanced battles.

This is the case.

I know of a bunch of people who have just gone to random ganks because, 90% of the playerbase cant defend themselves... It isnt even fun for them as they arent even getting a fight, just loot. Loot they will most likely never use. BOBIK REVERT THE PATCHES AND FIX SIEGES!

Monco

Post by Monco » 02 Jan 2018, 15:34

Arrakis wrote:
We have blocked the ability to get through walls with bark boxes, horses and stacking players because those were exploits. Those exploits pretty much rendered built walls useless. All hard work done by players to protect their settlements was completely nullified and it needed to be fixed.

that's what arrakis wrote in another topic.

If you build a proper base with correct terraforming, a moat, high walls then it's very hard to get inside even with barkboxes and it's almost impossible to get inside with horse/player stacking. Now that's hard work, not building a simple perimeter of palisade walls, drying racks or high soil. Why shouldn't we be allowed to pass such easy obstacles?
You write about walls being useless, well guess what with recent changes they're even more useless because you can just build a gate with a moat perimeter and you're safe all week except for the lag hour. And I've seen all of that around the map, moat gate only bases, drying "wall" rack bases. Isn't that an exploit too being able to build a wall made out of sticks that is as much effective as castle walls? Many people wanted World PvP, "roaming", the good old "raiding" to be a thing in this game. Why would you remove that if you promote this game as a PvP open world sandbox? You could at least revert the change about human and horse boosting because in a well built base, there's no way you can get in with that.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 02 Jan 2018, 15:54

Akimangelini wrote:
Arrakis wrote:
We have blocked the ability to get through walls with bark boxes, horses and stacking players because those were exploits. Those exploits pretty much rendered built walls useless. All hard work done by players to protect their settlements was completely nullified and it needed to be fixed.

that's what arrakis wrote in another topic.

If you build a proper base with correct terraforming, a moat, high walls then it's very hard to get inside even with barkboxes and it's almost impossible to get inside with horse/player stacking. Now that's hard work, not building a simple perimeter of palisade walls, drying racks or high soil. Why shouldn't we be allowed to pass such easy obstacles?
You write about walls being useless, well guess what with recent changes they're even more useless because you can just build a gate with a moat perimeter and you're safe all week except for the lag hour. And I've seen all of that around the map, moat gate only bases, drying "wall" rack bases. Isn't that an exploit too being able to build a wall made out of sticks that is as much effective as castle walls? Many people wanted World PvP, "roaming", the good old "raiding" to be a thing in this game. Why would you remove that if you promote this game as a PvP open world sandbox? You could at least revert the change about human and horse boosting because in a well built base, there's no way you can get in with that.

I cant agree more with you Akim, the current meta for base design is absolute lazy shit. I am seeing drying racks thrown all over the place, ditches dug that will NEVER go away, mine pits just have started and left as a trench. Some broken mechanics and no way of going around them.

Hell if I wanted to keep someone off my tile I could just dig a trench using the digging skill from one end of my tile to the other and reinforce it. Anyone who crosses will just be stuck with no way out.

If I wanted to make my guild claim impenetrable I could just dig a trench and place drying racks at the top of it inside the city claim.. cant be destroyed during judgement hour... not that anyone bothers with JH anymore.

Arrakis, Bobik you need to fix this crap and soon.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 02 Jan 2018, 15:55

My 2 cents on this whole issue.

1. We need a way over walls during non judgement hour timezones. Preferably a Siege tower/siege ladders that can be destroyed/damaged by the defenders during the attack.

These should take siege warfare people to make.
(this stops random bandit groups from breaching walls easily, but allows legit kingdom wars/raids/pressure to happen and be meaningful)

We need these time now. There is absolutely no risk for defenders at this point.

2. Instance battles need to be cheaper and more damaging if what I have recently read is true about them only reducing claim by 3 tiles.

Instance battles need to be something that can be placed for a modest price (maybe 1/3 of what it currently is) and a defender on loss needs to lose an entire level of their monument.

With that A monument should be protected from multiple IB drops to 1 every 48 hours (drop/24hour prep time/battle time/Rest, recover, reassess, renegotiate).

Also with that I feel Siege totems need to stay expensive, or become slightly more expensive. I feel a siege should truly be last resort. Some players (probably not all) will quit once they fail to defend a siege in a way that if they were simply forced to submit but kept all the work they had put into the game they likely will not.

My personal beliefs are that IBs should be a nearly daily event somewhere on the server between rival factions. They should be cheap and worth it. Both for their damaging effects and their political ramifications.

I should be able to drop a IB totem on a local group that is giving me trouble and us it as a threat to force compliance to the point where if they comply I do not fill the IB and I lose a few resources but nothing I feel bad about and I have successful in my goal.

On the other hand I feel like sieges should be so rare that the whole server knows about the siege over in BFNW because wow I can't believe they did that they are crazy over there.

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 02 Jan 2018, 16:07

People are already moving onto other games for their PVP fix. I didn't buy 2 accounts to play fucking PVE minecraft that's for sure.

Lensardawn

Post by Lensardawn » 02 Jan 2018, 17:09

DramaQueen wrote:
Knar wrote:
The funny part about Bobik's assessment of Darkfall is that he is 100% wrong about why the game died. People were lining up out the door for Darkfall, but the company was so inept and didn't fix core issues with their game.

Im Agree. Also Bobik was never PVPer. This is just Bobik's opinion, this is not true.

Not only is Bobik correct about Darkfall, this has been the very same issue that has caused countless other "hardcore" games to fail.

While it's certainly true that lack of enjoyable PvP will kill any game (see UO Trammel) the opposite is even more true. Game design that rewards mindless zerging while punishing smaller groups of players always leads to failure.

For LiF to be successful, town claims need to be nearly 100% safe. When players put hundreds of hours into building a base, they are not going to continue to play that game if there is nothing they can do to prevent that base from being taken away from them.

Realm areas need to be far less safe. JH one hour a week is obviously too limited. However, we definitely don't need LiF to turn into Medieval Rust with most bases being destroyed via offline raiding.

One viable solution might be to structure the various sectors of the world map with different JH rules and time zones:

For example:

Sector 1-10:
- JH on Monday, Weds, Friday and 2 hours on Sunday.
- JH time UTC+ Sector number. (Sector 1 JH is UTC+1, Sector 2 is UTC+2)

Sector 11-20:

- Daily JH. 2 hour JH on Sat and Sun.
- Same JH timezone shifting system where each subsequent sector has JH start an hour later.

Sector 21-30:
- 2 hour JH each day. 4 hour JH on Sat and Sun.

Sector 31-40:
- 4 Hour JH each day. 6 hour JH on Sat and Sun.

IBs can still occur as they normally do, but they should require regional resources to launch. IBs should never be able to destroy a town area, but successful IBs should drastically reduce a guild's realm area.

Maintaining a guild claim should require regional resources. If a town claim is going to always be safe, the design needs to make players leave their walls and gather the supplies needed to maintain control of that base.

They key to subjugation should be area denial. Aggressors should be encouraged to have smaller groups patrolling sectors to prevent enemies from obtaining needed resources. Those gathering resources should be encouraged to scout for threats. Balancing this properly will result in lots of smaller scale "incidental" pvp.

LiF can be successful with some minor modification to the current JH and IB systems. The issue is just trying to find the sweet spot that affords PvPers enough action to maintain their interest, while also allowing small guild/groups of players the ability to still play the game without fear of losing everything due to events out of their control.

Remember two key things:

- No risk no thrill. Listening too much to the "mass market" crowd that complains about the game being too harsh will kill the fun. Death needs to have a sting. Risk equals fun.

- Most of the highly vocal "pvpers" are not pvpers. While they claim they want PvP, what they really want is the opportunity to kill others without any risk to themselves. These are the folks that will always zerg up to put the odds in their favor and nothing can be done to keep them playing the game. They'll quit when they run out of defenseless sheep to murder and they'll quit even faster when forced into situations where they must pvp without a huge advantage.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 02 Jan 2018, 20:49

The only solution is:

Quit the whining......... :O:

You have all been informed that items and mechanics will come in time after the major issues are sorted out and when there is time for your piddly little complaints.

Their priority is to build a large player base, and they were losing players in droves with all the pvp exploits.

Grow up, learn to compromise, and have patients, after all we are still in OBT. :friends:

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 02 Jan 2018, 21:15

Dobrt wrote:The only solution is:

You have all been informed that items and mechanics will come in time after the major issues are sorted out and when there is time for your piddly little complaints.

Their priority is to build a large player base, and they were losing players in droves with all the pvp exploits.

Grow up, learn to compromise, and have patients, after all we are still in OBT. :friends:

How someone can look at the un-raidable bases in the previous posts and somehow justify that is just part of the dev cycle is mind boggling.

We've all seen you before. You're the person who will defend every stage of the game:

Alpha - its just alpha guys stop whining we're meant to be testing the game
Closed Beta - its just closed beta guys stop whining we're meant to be testing the game
Open beta - its just open beta guys stop whining we're meant to be testing the game
Release - the game was just released guys stop whining and give them time to fix it
Year 1 - the game has been only out for a year guys stop whining and give them time to fix it
Year 2 - Guys? guys? where is everyone

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 02 Jan 2018, 21:21

Bodil wrote:

How someone can look at the un-raidable bases in the previous posts and somehow justify that is just part of the dev cycle is mind boggling.

We've all seen you before. You're the person who will defend every stage of the game:

Alpha - its just alpha guys stop whining we're meant to be testing the game
Closed Beta - its just closed beta guys stop whining we're meant to be testing the game
Open beta - its just open beta guys stop whining we're meant to be testing the game
Release - the game was just released guys stop whining and give them time to fix it
Year 1 - the game has been only out for a year guys stop whining and give them time to fix it
Year 2 - Guys? guys? where is everyone

Nope Jr., But I have noticed you have whined and cried during all stages. ;)

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 02 Jan 2018, 21:26

Actually, in these stages we were helping the Devs. What you did was playing Minecraft ;)
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 02 Jan 2018, 21:27

Dobrt wrote:
Nope Jr., But I have noticed you have whined and cried during all stages. ;)

Gotta love the rabid fanboi millennial neckbeard handing out those wicked "junior" insults.

THIS GAME IS PERFECT HOW DARE YOU INSULT OUR RUSSIAN OVERLORDS

Keep on spam refreshing these posts brosef you gotta get in the last word to inflate that ego

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 02 Jan 2018, 21:28

And now they are losing them even faster due to the lack of pvp or really anything to do.

If you lose all your snot nosed carebears, and then you lose all of your PVPers because the carebears quit before a patch was put in to protect them... because they couldnt be bothered to learn how to setup defenses. Then what do you have?

Let me do some math...

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 02 Jan 2018, 22:42

[quote="Hodo"]

And now they are losing them even faster due to the lack of pvp or really anything to do.

If you lose all your snot nosed carebears, and then you lose all of your PVPers because the carebears quit before a patch was put in to protect them... because they couldnt be bothered to learn how to setup defenses. Then what do you have?

Look we all get it, your precious feelings were hurt princess when you lost all your exploits to make the game easy for you.

It seems it's all you whiny pvp who have the "snot noses" from all the crying.

Well, I'll leave you to your whining and crying, but do get a hug from your mommy before you play on your 'puter again. :ROFL:

Kast

Post by Kast » 02 Jan 2018, 23:37

JH times and siege/IB mechanics are legitimate topics of discussion... but anyone demanding the reinstatement of bark box stacking or buddy jumping has rocks in their head. Basically, those people are insisting that the exploits (and they are exploits) they used previously to bypass game mechanics they don't like be reintroduced.

I'm not sure what to say about that. Personally, I blame our public schools.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 02 Jan 2018, 23:55

Kast wrote:JH times and siege/IB mechanics are legitimate topics of discussion... but anyone demanding the reinstatement of bark box stacking or buddy jumping has rocks in their head. Basically, those people are insisting that the exploits (and they are exploits) they used previously to bypass game mechanics they don't like be reintroduced.

Agreed!

Monco

Post by Monco » 03 Jan 2018, 01:24

Kast wrote:JH times and siege/IB mechanics are legitimate topics of discussion... but anyone demanding the reinstatement of bark box stacking or buddy jumping has rocks in their head. Basically, those people are insisting that the exploits (and they are exploits) they used previously to bypass game mechanics they don't like be reintroduced.

Why would boosting on another player be an exploit? You can see this feature in many other games like Rust for exemple.

Why should people be stopped by a drying rack wall or a moat + gate? It makes no sense.

Return to General Discussion