Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Knar
Zealous Believer

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Knar » 28 Dec 2017, 01:54

That picture sums up the current state of the game. Castle walls made of sticks.

This game is no longer as advertised. You can't control territory, which is requisite for a "feudal" system. The game will die pretty quickly once the PVErs get bored and move on.

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 28 Dec 2017, 02:42

I personally think there should be a somewhat relatively easy (yet not a building log and some steel ignots easy) way to submit someone to vassalization, like cheaper and more limited version of sieges (like, you can destroy only certain objects / certain number of objects), but completely obliterating a guild must still be problematic even for a zerg.

Also, there should be different tiers of IB / siege totems that allow different number of people to join a battle on the attacker's side. It should be cheap to bring 10 people, but bringing 300 must be expensive as hell. Maybe even more expensive than it is now. This would allow for smaller guilds to wage wars against each other, this would force larger guilds and alliances to think twice before launching a zerg attack against a settlement with like 15 people to protect it, and would make wars much more realistic.

In real medieval times, there were many small countries that managed to survive and stay independent even with all the major forces around them. Simply because sometimes raising a massive army and then laying a siege was too expensive and too problematic to even bother.
Last edited by Tashka on 28 Dec 2017, 03:04, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 28 Dec 2017, 02:42

So you whine about others using drying racks, and demand the return of stacking horses and other items so you can use them..........

The people who use exploits, cheats, and macros the most rules.

That is the true current state of the game.

Life is feudal, it's a game in OBT, get over it........or leave and go play with yourself. ':'

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Post by Ilja » 28 Dec 2017, 09:42

At least allow us to bring actual furniture like tables, benches, etc to scale walls with so we have placeholder for the ladder until it comes into the game. If devs don't want ppl using sleeping bags, logs and bark boxes as a super cheaply way of getting inside the base, make only them drop the moment u try to carry one inside the claim, or remove collision on them, or make u can't stack them on top of eachother, do anything to bring tables and alchemy tables back into the game of scaling walls as a legit mechanic until ladder is implemented.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 28 Dec 2017, 13:26

You guys do realize bobik does not want raiding at all.
He told me in discord this:

Bobik - 12/06/2017
that is why JH gives you a window when everyone supposed to be ready and on the watch
that is when you can still make surprize hit and run attacks
ok
Frontal - 12/06/2017
how can you surprise anyone if they know when it's going to happen
Bobik - 12/06/2017
You don't?
2 hours of JH does NOT mean that you will be raided
you can raid someone else and your village will be raided at the same time
Frontal - 12/06/2017
then lif will be a login for 1-2 hours a day game
Bobik - 12/06/2017
for those who can get only this type of fun and no else - probably
I really pity such people :frowning:

As you can see bobik diesn't want raiding to be a thing. This game will only be about JH/IB currently there is no other content for pvpers. So everyone, logout and login a few times a week.
AQ

SharanaEU
Zealous Believer

Post by SharanaEU » 28 Dec 2017, 13:32

Hodo wrote:If you are fighting a tier 4 guild you can blow as much as, 80 gold ingots, and 80 silver ingots, 8 building logs, and 320 positive preparations. THen you have the siege totem which is a further 1 building log, 10 vostock steel ingots, 10 gold ingots, 10silver ingots AND 40 Positive Preparations.

Your math is waaaaaaaaay off. First of all a single totem costs 10 gold + 10 steel and 40 preps on top of that. Now winning such instance battle reduces the claim size by avarage of 4 tiles. I heard NA is as peaceful as the RP server, but only 2 today ago on the EU there were 3 full totems focusing a single guild. That resulted in 3x 100 vs 100 battles at the same time where defenders won one and lost 2. They lost 8 tiles of their realm claim and some support points, but that's nowhere near enough to degrade the monument from tier 3 to tier 2. Defender lost 1 of the battles, because of the current state of the game where only 40-50 were able to fight from 100, while the attackers were lucky to have more people that actually didn't crash. So winning 2 out of 3 battles on attack is kind of VERY good result, as avarage we should take 1 and half. So 6 tiles per 3x totems. Tier 3 guild monument that is easy and any medium size group already has it on max has 85 radius. To collapse that you need 14 days in a row placing 3x totems every day. Which means 42 totems or 420 gold ingots, 420 steel ingots and 1680 preps. That's 45 horse carts completely full with gold ore, so ~ 100 tiles of gold mined and smelted only to collapse a single tier 3 monument to siege state. And most guilds have more then 1 already as they just build "FOB" type of bases around the map as the main ones are done already. The amount of gear and horses that are left on the battlefield during any of the battles in those 2 weeks period is also beyond imagination for those that didn't fight those 100 vs 100 battles.

After everything I typed above on paper you have the option to place siege totem. That's 7200 flux, tons of gold, silver, copper and lots of man hours for the smiths to make the 10x vost ingots. Let's say you have this very expensive totem - you won't waste it on a guild where you achieve nothing by removing their claim (not worth the afford). That means it will be placed on at least medium sized guild, most of which are in alliances. We know how the servers die even without JH, don't we? Well here we go - attackers need to build siege camp ON THE LIVE MAP. The defenders of course will call all of their friends to the server not to fight, but just to increase the lag to unplayable levels. It's not matter of optimizations, devs said themselves that above 200 players on the server it will always start getting complicated. As such it doesn't matter if the defenders bring 100, 200 or 300 people to lag the server, they can and will flood it as defense measure. The actual defenders will be on the walls raining arrows all the time on the attackers that try to build siege camp near the town claim walls (game mechanics again, can build the siege camp of close to the town claim around the siege totem that you drop) and all of that under unplayable lag caused by defensive zerg. As such attackers have 0 chance and won't even bother trying a siege in the current game design as they will just waste their craters manpower on nothing.

What I described above is how the "real war" looks in the current LiF mechanics made by the devs. And this is exactly what so many complain about. It's stupidly expensive to be viable yet there are no smaller scale alternatives - open world raiding was killed with the 100% safety for "sheeps", JH is lagfest if 1 medium sized groups decides to attack other, zerg vs zerg is out of the question.
Last edited by SharanaEU on 28 Dec 2017, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 28 Dec 2017, 13:45

Let's just be real. This game isn't worth it right now if you're a pvper.
AQ

Rikkarth

Post by Rikkarth » 28 Dec 2017, 13:53

I completely agree with Sharana.

I also believe that there's still a vast majority of the community who is not aware of how the game and the wars are being played at the moment, while at the same time giving opinions as if they were the ones organizing those activities.

It's like making a math question to someone that doesn't do math at all.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 28 Dec 2017, 15:27

SharanaEU wrote:Your math is waaaaaaaaay off. First of all a single totem costs 10 gold + 10 steel and 40 preps on top of that. Now winning such instance battle reduces the claim size by avarage of 4 tiles. I heard NA is as peaceful as the RP server, but only 2 today ago on the EU there were 3 full totems focusing a single guild. That resulted in 3x 100 vs 100 battles at the same time where defenders won one and lost 2. They lost 8 tiles of their realm claim and some support points, but that's nowhere near enough to degrade the monument from tier 3 to tier 2. Defender lost 1 of the battles, because of the current state of the game where only 40-50 were able to fight from 100, while the attackers were lucky to have more people that actually didn't crash. So winning 2 out of 3 battles on attack is kind of VERY good result, as avarage we should take 1 and half. So 6 tiles per 3x totems. Tier 3 guild monument that is easy and any medium size group already has it on max has 85 radius. To collapse that you need 14 days in a row placing 3x totems every day. Which means 42 totems or 420 gold ingots, 420 steel ingots and 1680 preps. That's 45 horse carts completely full with gold ore, so ~ 100 tiles of gold mined and smelted only to collapse a single tier 3 monument to siege state. And most guilds have more then 1 already as they just build "FOB" type of bases around the map as the main ones are done already. The amount of gear and horses that are left on the battlefield during any of the battles in those 2 weeks period is also beyond imagination for those that didn't fight those 100 vs 100 battles.

Thank you for actually providing the math and proving me wrong. I was wrong on my assessment, it is worse than I thought.

They need to bring the cost on the totems down to a reasonable level. This shit wont work and people are already leaving. What is the point? You cant build a feudal system without conflict, and conflict has been nerfed to a level that we may as well be playing Minecraft or Wurm Online and their half dozen PVE servers.

It is a shame really.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 28 Dec 2017, 15:39

OP and similar sentiments such as Sharana are correct in my opinion.

Not only is standard small scale pvp dead but there's literally nothing for solo or even group PVE players to do.
Sure joining a guild is your best way to go but there's literally nothing to do outside of your cozy castle walls.
Which is why this game needs something fun to do in PVE such things like natives (Soon™) digging out dungeons or whatever, where you can get some loot or just have fun killing something either on your own or with a few friends.
and of course this is just an example, it could be anything really just need something fun to do and a reason to leave your castle (drying frame) walls

and on the flip side of this such a thing creates "targets"

I still remember the old days of UO where parties would trail PVE players running dungeons and kill them on their way out for the loot

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 28 Dec 2017, 16:54

441 square kilometres of landscape. Dynamic growth. Terraforming. Non tab combat with formations. Complex crafting. Hundreds of objects to be created and built. Changing seasons. Farming.

And you guys are leaving because you have nothing to do? Is your imagination really that small? Or are you so used to having your content served to you on a plate that your attention span can't encompass anything that isn't available to you within 30 seconds of logging on?

Please, go away and play something else. You don't deserve a world so full of possibilities as LiF.

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 28 Dec 2017, 16:59

I don’t think I can recommend this game to my friends in good faith. I was planning on buying a second account on steam and leave a genuinely good review because it has such unique potential.

But now I think i couldn’t leave anything but a negative one. I’ve been slowly warming my eve friends up to the idea of this game but now I don’t think they’ll do anything other than laugh at the poor over-advertised sandbox brutal nature of the game. The pvp side is now so traintracked and uninspired. It’s not even like these are hardcore pvpers, they just enjoy an engaging sandbox world.

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 28 Dec 2017, 17:09

444 Kilometers of landscape. 1000 Amount of ping.
Yes, there is some of us that are here for both aspects of the game and not only crafting, am sorry if that seems annoying to you, but doesn't seem so to us. When i cannot enjoy one side of the game, i will not want the other side either. If you would enjoy pvp only and not pve, you would do the same as me.
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 28 Dec 2017, 17:11

Peegee77 wrote:441 square kilometres of landscape. Dynamic growth. Terraforming. Non tab combat with formations. Complex crafting. Hundreds of objects to be created and built. Changing seasons. Farming.

And you guys are leaving because you have nothing to do? Is your imagination really that small? Or are you so used to having your content served to you on a plate that your attention span can't encompass anything that isn't available to you within 30 seconds of logging on?

Please, go away and play something else. You don't deserve a world so full of possibilities as LiF.

It also promised a hardcore world with pvp and real battles....

we have a ever increasing safe zone carebear hold your hand building simulator.

I know of 3 people in my guild who only login when they are asked to do something, otherwise they are playing something else that is giving them the "fix" they want.

They arent even the PVPers.... those dont even login when asked. They only login for JH and didnt even do that last weekend, because we all knew how it was going to go.

Hell I have been keeping lose track on the JH PVPer numbers from my guild alone, I have watched it drop to 1/3rd of what it was the first JH, in just 3 weeks. It is only going to get worse.

I honestly doubt anyone from my guild is even going to bother with JH this next weekend.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

ObedSG

Post by ObedSG » 28 Dec 2017, 17:11

Knar wrote:Image

That picture sums up the current state of the game. Castle walls made of sticks..

I agree that is silly. A siege torch or even a hatchet should make short work of these, at least during JH. The problem I see with making them vulnerable 24/7 is that, combined with ladders (or bark boxes, boosting, w/e) you get offlined. Some griefer gets in your fort & smashes everything at 4am on a Tuesday.

Sturmgrenadier is recruiting! Apply @ SGHQ.org or message me for details

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 28 Dec 2017, 17:15

Basically we’re just getting a repeat of the life span of a YO server, but on a mmo scale.

Start playing, grind your character, your claim, throw up walls, emergent pvp dies off then people get bored and the server dies slowly.

The mmo was supposed to fix these issues but it hasn’t.

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 28 Dec 2017, 17:21

ObedSG wrote:

That picture sums up the current state of the game. Castle walls made of sticks..

I agree that is silly. A siege torch or even a hatchet should make short work of these, at least during JH. The problem I see with making them vulnerable 24/7 is that, combined with ladders (or bark boxes, boosting, w/e) you get offlined. Some griefer gets in your fort & smashes everything at 4am on a Tuesday.

_you_ _cannot_ _offline_ _raid_

Geez if you can please tell me.

If

ObedSG

Post by ObedSG » 28 Dec 2017, 17:33

VindicteMortis wrote:

If

You misunderstood. Let's try this a different way:

How would you fix the invulnerable drying rack/wattle fence forts?

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 28 Dec 2017, 17:51

Peegee77 wrote:441 square kilometres of landscape. Dynamic growth. Terraforming. Non tab combat with formations. Complex crafting. Hundreds of objects to be created and built. Changing seasons. Farming.

This haha.

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 28 Dec 2017, 18:02

ObedSG wrote:
VindicteMortis wrote:

If

Allow 24/7 bark boxing / siege laddering

ObedSG

Post by ObedSG » 28 Dec 2017, 19:25

VindicteMortis wrote:
ObedSG wrote:
VindicteMortis wrote:

If

Allow 24/7 bark boxing / siege laddering

I assume siege ladders are coming.

But let's say you scale the walls one way or another outside of JH, that "4am on a Tuesday" scenario I posted earlier. Then what? Kill the one AFK crafter if you're lucky and teleport home? I like the limitation of JH up to a point.

From what I've been told the attacker can't really do anything else inside a town claim, JH or not. This seems to me a bigger issue than unimplemented siege equipment. Attackers are risking quite a bit of gear & effort in the assault with seemingly little to gain. Why not let them loot during JH? The encumbrance system prevents them from carrying off the entire base. Even if they back up a horse cart or two that makes their baggage train a target for retaliation or counter-raids, further driving meaningful PvP.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 28 Dec 2017, 19:39

So much whine, so little cheese. :cry:

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 28 Dec 2017, 19:56

ObedSG wrote:But let's say you scale the walls one way or another outside of JH, that "4am on a Tuesday" scenario I posted earlier. Then what? Kill the one AFK crafter if you're lucky and teleport home? I like the limitation of JH up to a point.

From what I've been told the attacker can't really do anything else inside a town claim, JH or not. This seems to me a bigger issue than unimplemented siege equipment. Attackers are risking quite a bit of gear & effort in the assault with seemingly little to gain. Why not let them loot during JH? The encumbrance system prevents them from carrying off the entire base. Even if they back up a horse cart or two that makes their baggage train a target for retaliation or counter-raids, further driving meaningful PvP.

I don’t understand the false equivalence.

It’s not 4am. It’s 10pm 11pm 12pm 1am 2am

13pm 14pm 15pm

etcetc

Practically any time outside 2h prime time

You fundamentally don’t understand the issue here

ObedSG

Post by ObedSG » 28 Dec 2017, 20:13

VindicteMortis wrote:

13pm 14pm 15pm

etcetc

I admit I don't understand how "24/7" would not include 4am on a Tuesday. I am glad this sort of offline raiding is disallowed.

I think we agree that the game is overly safe at the moment but I'm not sure what your specific complaint is beyond that.

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 28 Dec 2017, 22:15

SharanaEU wrote:...

Wow. Things really must be going downhill if Sharana is criticizing the developers.

IvanGray

Post by IvanGray » 28 Dec 2017, 23:33

ObedSG wrote:

As town claim walls, they cannot even be destroyed during Judgment Hour. This game is literally turning to shit over each successive patch.
Leader of Forsaken

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 28 Dec 2017, 23:37

ObedSG wrote:
VindicteMortis wrote:

13pm 14pm 15pm

etcetc

I admit I don't understand how "24/7" would not include 4am on a Tuesday. I am glad this sort of offline raiding is disallowed.

I think we agree that the game is overly safe at the moment but I'm not sure what your specific complaint is beyond that.

My complaint is that most pvp outside of JH and IB is dead

I, and many people don’t even play in JH timezones

Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Post by Grimmblut » 29 Dec 2017, 05:13

Siege ladders, if they'll ever get implemented, will not be useable inside enemy claims outside of JHs.

You've read it here first.

I mean...what would be the consequence if you could use them outside of JHs to get over enemy fortifications? It would mean that attackers could even easier get into other people's bases and kill them than they were able to do when bark boxes and horses could still be used to boost themself over walls etc. The devs took this possibility away from us because they felt it put too much pressure on pve-players. Do you really think they will implement a feature that not only reverts that decision but will change things even more in favor of raiders?

Honestly said, I would be surprised if the devs would allow siege ladders to be used during JHs on town claims. My guess is, that we will only be able to use them on the realm claim, which in turn means that every group that build their inner fortifications inside their town claim will be absolutely safe against raids, even during JHs.
Last edited by Grimmblut on 29 Dec 2017, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.

bowlin12
Alpha Tester

Post by bowlin12 » 29 Dec 2017, 05:23

There's tons of PvP to be had if you look for it. Large guilds come for PvP, why are people so scared to PvP big groups? Just want to prey on the weak because they are weak themselves.

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 29 Dec 2017, 10:01

bowlin12 wrote:There's tons of PvP to be had if you look for it. Large guilds come for PvP, why are people so scared to PvP big groups? Just want to prey on the weak because they are weak themselves.

Maybe because people wanted better pvp than just playing mount and blade servers all day. They want it to mean something.

Return to General Discussion