Development News #139 — New Progression System and Skill Tree

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #139 — New Progression System and Skill Tree

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jan 2019, 17:01

Hey, Feudalists!

As we move closer to 0.2.0 release, we have recently taken one of the first steps towards it by closing down Iriy and transferring all the characters and their inventory to Epleland. As promised, we will announce the future of the rest of the worlds a bit later, make sure you stay tuned to our news.

This week we would like to share information on some of the most anticipated features - the New Progression System and all-new Skill Tree. Dive into the information on these features on our page dedicated to Update 0.2.0 and let us know what you think!

Stay tuned to our Dev News next week to hear all about features of 0.2.0.
Have a great weekend!

— The team

DerNorder

Re: Development News #139 — New Progression System and Skill Tree

Post by DerNorder » 18 Jan 2019, 17:16

So now XP points are being stamped. Quite bad! So you can cut down trees and thus level the blacksmith. So a game for stupid and kids. No more experience needed. Sad!

Tierheim

Post by Tierheim » 18 Jan 2019, 23:49

Indeed, this is very sad ! :x

Larryneedham68

Post by Larryneedham68 » 19 Jan 2019, 03:22

So my understanding I will now have to skill up nature lore and forestry before I can use the 100 skill carpentry that I already have?

Obsidianer

Post by Obsidianer » 19 Jan 2019, 20:57

Könnte interessant sein , gebt dem eine Chance .
Mann muss ja immer noch aktiv sein um den Pool zu füllen nur ist man nun nicht mehr gezwungen etwas zu tuen was man nicht mag .
Tut man nichts füllt sich kein Pool und so auch kein Aufstieg in keiner Fähigkeit °!
Hoffe nur das im Schnitt es nicht schneller geht ..nicht das das Game noch schneller wird und nach 1 Monat schon wieder jeder alles hat .

Nintai17

Post by Nintai17 » 24 Jan 2019, 18:30

Dear developers,
Maybe we just need better abilities within the trees more than a new way to level it. The thing that shines in Life is Feudal is it's immersion. If you can level Blacksmith with foraging it doesn't make sense tho it breaks the beauty of it. I will like to have major fixes on how the abilities work, issues with transport, fighting, or even I.A. But don't change the leveling way, and if you do, follow the way you created upon start.
Greetings

Burni
Zealous Believer

Post by Burni » 24 Jan 2019, 21:22

Yeah this is extremely dummed down change and makes things compleatly unrealistic... now every crafting skill can be leveled by showeling dirt and every combat skill can be leveled by just punching someone...

Feradomurus_the_great

Post by Feradomurus_the_great » 27 Jan 2019, 16:52

I think this will be a huge improvement to the game!

Currently, you're often faced with the decision of either grinding by performing a useless activity/producing trash, or doing something that's actually productive. Rarely do these things align, meaning players spend a lot of time doing boring unproductive tasks that only pays off when a certain level has been reached.

What's worse, since the daily grind and doing useful things - such as helping out on your guild's current construction project - are in direct conflict with each other, it becomes a constant struggle for guild leaders to tear players away from their daily grind to get them to perform useful labor or make something that's needed. This has been a problem in every guild I have played in on Epleland, since the grind is particularly pronounced with the slower progression.

With the new system, the focus can hopefully be shifted more toward performing useful tasks while gaining XP at the same time. Helping out on the guild's construction project will no longer be a complete and dissonant interference in the daily grind for that skill you actually wish to make use of at some point. Mining rock, sawing out boards and paving roads won't feel like a waste of your time because you need to go back to making MORE WOODEN HANDLES and throwing them in the trash.

I doubt many people will actually miss the current system, including most posters in this thread. I know I won't miss having to turn half a server node into a dead brown wasteland by plowing it with a shovel, just so I can figure out how to plant potatoes.

I think this new system, along with the rest of the very exciting 0.2 update, will greatly improve on this wonderful game!

Return to Development News