Development News #87 — O is for Optimization

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #87 — O is for Optimization

Post by Arrakis » 19 Jan 2018, 17:05

Hey, Feudalists!
There are a couple of things we wanted to inform you about in today’s blog.
First of all, we’ve received some positive feedback about our recent optimization, which was introduced in the last patch.

Despite there being some bugs still roaming around and affecting performance, we have, so far, received supportive feedback and reassuring reports about the improvements. Rest assured we will carry on working hard to continue to improve the gameplay experience for everyone!

We still have some work in progress that we hope (fingers crossed) will boost client and server side performance 10-20% more. On top of this, we have some optimization that will take considerably more time to implement, but should provide some significant performance boosts in the future.

Optimization will always be an important part of our development efforts!

Lastly, we want to inform you that we will continue to expand player choices for our premium shop items and cosmetics. The artists are busy creating and polishing all types of weapons skins. In the meantime, you can reskin your Falchions to the following look now! (arrow down)

– The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #87 — O is for Optimization

Post by Khan- » 19 Jan 2018, 18:30

:D
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Kralok423
True Believer

Post by Kralok423 » 19 Jan 2018, 21:37

@Arrakis
Are these just for "BIG" Falchions ??

In the shop it indicates Big Falchion. I got excited when you stated just Flachion.

Racerx7080

Post by Racerx7080 » 20 Jan 2018, 01:52

i think you guys should do away with the shop altogether IMO. These should be something that can be crafted naturally in the game. A goal to set for a character especially at a higher level. Its stuff like this that can spur on growth of a in-game economy and give lower level characters something to work towards rewarding a player for all the grinding that he/she has endured to get to that point

Killinggoofy23

Post by Killinggoofy23 » 20 Jan 2018, 03:37

"We still have some work in progress"

No Shit

Fuelinjectedsoul
True Believer

Post by Fuelinjectedsoul » 20 Jan 2018, 03:40

O is for Ooopps

Jeffery.w.allen17
True Believer

Post by Jeffery.w.allen17 » 20 Jan 2018, 05:15

I'd like to know what server is reporting positive feedback, because it sure isn't NA Buyan

Cinstea
True Believer

Post by Cinstea » 20 Jan 2018, 08:48

na hasn't got any better, mabye even slightly worse, so i'm assuming ur talking about eu side, after all that is the only servers u really care about.

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 21 Jan 2018, 05:51

O is for OOOOPS

Exactly right

Amclaughlin01

Post by Amclaughlin01 » 22 Jan 2018, 01:02

Hmm, must be paying for fake good reviews. I don't know anyone that would give a good review on the "improvements" that have been made. It's only made the game worse, and practically unplayable.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jan 2018, 02:14

Amclaughlin01 wrote:Hmm, must be paying for fake good reviews. I don't know anyone that would give a good review on the "improvements" that have been made. It's only made the game worse, and practically unplayable.

The connectivity issues and heavy lags were present mainly on NA Buyan world, while EU performed rather well. Good news about NA is, we have just recently made some hardware and software tweaks during downtime on Buyan. We are hoping that those changes will improve the situation there.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 22 Jan 2018, 02:35

Arrakis wrote:
Amclaughlin01 wrote:Hmm, must be paying for fake good reviews. I don't know anyone that would give a good review on the "improvements" that have been made. It's only made the game worse, and practically unplayable.

The connectivity issues and heavy lags were present mainly on NA Buyan world, while EU performed rather well. Good news about NA is, we have just recently made some hardware and software tweaks during downtime on Buyan. We are hoping that those changes will improve the situation there.

Thanks Arrakis. Do we know when the next JH should be now?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 22 Jan 2018, 15:37

Thank you for the updates and new skins!

I would love to see some one handed weapon skins soon too if they are in the works, they don't need to be overly ornate and fancy, just additional swords and axes to add variety to what is carried.

Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to the next updates!

Jdalton222000

Post by Jdalton222000 » 22 Jan 2018, 21:01

The game currently has a huge stability issue and you are currently working on skins??? Also, the skins are nice, but they have to be purchased. We're already paying $20 a month for a game that crashes numerous times a day. Games that are completely finished that have subs don't cost this much. They also have items you can gain in game that act as skins that you don't have to pay for. It seems that Bitbox is trying to make all of the money up front while they can before the game dies from poor stability. The game says it supports 10,000 players. It can barely support 1,500. Everyone is already having to ban together to drive out the Chinese that are trying to take over the servers. Overall, the game crashes way too much and when it's not crashing the servers are down and you have the audacity to sell skins when we sub $20 which is too much. On top of that you are doing instance battles which are having to be optimized. You are literally fixing something that I feel was implemented as a workaround to not being able to PvP in the real world because of instability of the game.

Hawkeyez

Post by Hawkeyez » 25 Jan 2018, 00:28

Hail :evil:

Personally I like the skins...bring 'em on I will pay as long as I earn it !

I have not been in an instanced battle yet and from what I see so far after having had LIF: YO/MMO for only 2 weeks and have 2 level 60/MAX chars ready for Telmun and one 30plus newb on Buyan with some decent skills but messed up ones and a potential loss of $10 for a crap character; it is all in the learning, giving, taking, and trying.

I do agree the Sub deal is a bit off; and I have had lag in certain areas, mainly lag spikes; some have had worse; I have a fairly decent system and fast internet and I am not complaining.

The YO is a prelude to MMO which was a very good idea; took me a few days to figure this game out.

The grind is very acceptable; I just wish I could have Steam achievements for the MMO version as I am logging in that way is my only beef.

Artists cannot work on optimization. OMG just look at Star Citizen; the best/worst cash-grab game in existence; they promise a game and constantly design and sell ships; and people buy them (!); by the hundreds and some thousands of dollars.

Anything extra is welcome especially when they all know the issues and seem to have a really good rapport with the community.

I have found some bugs or oddities and wish there was an in-game way to report them and take screen shots; Subnautica does this.

Lets not complain; let's build; and from what I have seen of previous 1-2 yr-old videos of LIF I am glad a game of this genre is finally here.
plzzz text me ... i luv you

Return to Development News