Easy way to fix the PVP/No players issue

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Bulldawg

Easy way to fix the PVP/No players issue

Post by Bulldawg » 26 Jul 2015, 03:07

So in reality the problem is right now PVP is NONEXISTENT so player base = non existent............... How to fix this? Add the feature of guilds being able to declare war which doesn't effect alignment when you kill that other guild..... Newbs stay alive and Guild vs Guild happens which makes pvp which brings back players YAY happy PVP is alive again and players actually play this game.... This is how its supposed to be in the MMO honestly its the only way to brings players back and if they dont bring players back they have a dead game( then again maybe the devs will abandon this game ...they sure made enough money off people already they dont really need to develop it) the whole guild war thing is pretty much the reason most people got this game and they dont have it in when they shouldve when the implemented guild claims

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: Easy way to fix the PVP/No players issue

Post by Hoshiqua » 26 Jul 2015, 14:57

Alignment is one of the issues, but you gotta admit.. PvP itself isn't really good :sorry: What is planned might make it good, but it is not at all what I was looking for when I supported this project.. and It's the same for others aswell.

Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg » 26 Jul 2015, 19:26

Hoshiqua wrote:Alignment is one of the issues, but you gotta admit.. PvP itself isn't really good :sorry: What is planned might make it good, but it is not at all what I was looking for when I supported this project.. and It's the same for others aswell.

Well a couple months ago when i actually played ...pvp was fun me and my group of guys ran around the map looted people and they looted us back.. and we could actually get onto walls (last time i checked you couldn't even make a log latter) I mean it could use a little polishing and balancing but it was playable and it kept people playing.... Im kinda wondering what you mean by "pvp itself isnt really good" If im taking it the correct way you mean its not all about pvp and you want crafting as well?? if that's what you mean which is how im taking it i think the crafting right now is pretty good for an alpha game... right now the only thing non existent is PVP... because right now you can craft and do all that stuff its not like its hard to do it just takes time.. PVP is kinda disabled

I dont expect it to be perfect but it would be nice to have some PVP in YO and the fix i suggested would work well

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 26 Jul 2015, 19:35

No, I was meaning what it means : combat itself is bad.
Weapon damage seems legit when you hit a naked person.. but armor seems to do nothing else than slow you down, so basically fights have turned to who has the most naked war scythe / kiting archers, and fights are a lot based on who runs the fastest.. which is not really medieval xD

Plus, with no proper parrying mechanics (by that I mean, no way to block incoming damage without a shield), fights without shield users have gone to "who hits first" kind of fights. Even in teams (medieval teamfight should be about formations and spears and pikes IMO).

That's what I mean by "PvP itself is bad". But I am a lot more PvP oriented than crafting !

Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg » 27 Jul 2015, 03:44

I agree the pvp right now isnt the best but it atleast made the game decently fun even if you had to be naked...

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 27 Jul 2015, 16:29

I have a feeling their efforts are not on pvp yet. I'll wait to see what happens once they drop the beautiful DX 11 patch.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Thefakemccoy

Post by Thefakemccoy » 27 Jul 2015, 21:05

I think a cool idea to would be to take a page from Archeage.

The lands start as contested in levels. so you have 5 lvls basically. And the level progression would depend on the amount of PvP happening.

The Lvls:

LvL1 pvp (peace has ended and violence has started to erupt once again

LvL2 pvp (upgraded from lvl 1 after 30 people have been killed this lets you know that there are people pvping)

LvL3 pvp (upgraded from lvl 2 after 50 people have been killed this lets you know that there are is alot more pvp happening than lvl 2)

LvL4 War (An all out war has broken loose in the lands defend or be killed last 3 hrs

LvL5 Peace After long hours of fighting the lands have calmed down back to its natural state last 1 hr

Just a idea really just something they could consider and the numbers used are just examples and could be tuned more on player base.

I dont know how many this will go over well with.

But again its a idea and its better than saying it sucks i dont want to play and not giving how it could be fixed more.

this on the MMO could vary server load to server load. If you are in server cell 5 and its in war you might walk into 6 and be only at stage 3

Return to General Discussion