[NA] False Prophets - A Mature Gaming Community

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Agathon

[NA] False Prophets - A Mature Gaming Community

Post by Agathon » 31 Oct 2014, 23:20

Pelle sub agnina latitat mens saepe lupina

Preface

False Prophets, the idea of beneath the sheep's skin roams a wolf's mind. We are False Prophets, a guild of crafters with the minds of wolves. Always ready to defend our ideals and lands, we are warriors in the bodies of crafters. Defending our lands simply does not mean we wait until we are attacked, striking first is never an issue for us. We strive upon being self sufficient, and bow to no one. Even within our group, no one person dictates our path. Everyone has a voice in the direction we pursue in Life is Feudal, and any other game we may embrace.

The founding members come from a plethera of gaming backgrounds and all walks of life, from EVE Online to Everquest. We have experienced a very large range of games, and we strongly believe that quality is more important than quantity. We don't need 300 members, all we need is a good group of folks who believe in what we do and we can achieve anything. How do you have a personal connection with your group when you likely don't know the names of them? Being a large community often doesn't mean you are a good community.

Guidelines

We expect our members to be held to the utmost of standards, as they are the ones who paint the image of our community. Below you will find the rules and guidelines we abide by.

1. Religious, Political, or Egotistic conversations have no part in our community. Members must keep their opinions to themselves regarding these matters, period.

2. Respect, politeness, and duty are important aspects in our community. Members must always respect and be polite with anyone whom they interact with, inside and outside of our community. A strong sense of duty is also required, the want to fill ones roles and responsibilities that help us towards our overall goals and desires.

3. No Flamming, harassment, racism, and so forth. Members may argue something all they like, but once it becomes personal and or relates to gender, race, orientation, and so forth it is crossing the line. This rule is not taken lightly, and will result in immediate dismissal from the community.

4. Conduct. Members are a representative of False Prophets to the entire gaming community. Those who commit severe misconduct against others or bring ill renown to us will be subject to review & possible expulsion.

5. No one shall steal from those within our group. If members would like to borrow something that belongs to someone else, please ask before using it. If it is something that is meant for everyone to use, please return it upon finishing with it.

6. Access to our teamspeak, server, and group are a privilege to members only. We ask members to not hand out our teamspeak or server information unless otherwise asked to.

7. Life is Feudal rules. Members are required to abide by all rules stated by the owners and operators of Life is Feudal and anything related within. This includes cheating, exploiting, and breaking the rules on the official forums.

8. Warnings. We operate on a three strikes policy. You'll get two warnings and then members will get no warning and be expelled. We reserve the right to immediately expel a member for taking extreme actions against the spirit of our values and regulations.

Joining Requirements

1. You must be 18+, no exceptions.

2. You must be located within North America or play within North American times, as we are focused in those specific timezones. Simply due to the fact that we believe quality over quantity, so it makes no sense to spread out in timezones with such a small group.

3. A mature sense of humor is definitely required to fit in well, be prepared for dirty puns if you set yourself up for one. Prepare to be teased, in a loving manner. If you are easily offended, we are likely not the group for you.

4. The realization that real life always triumphs over video games, we completely understand that and will in no way ding you for putting real life over a community event or gathering.

5. Activity - We're not asking you to play 70 hours a week like some of our addicted members. We simply ask that you are active within our community. Making a daily appearance isn't exactly enforced, but, if one of our members don't know your name when we mention you. It's likely you aren't active enough. The effort to be online daily is all we ask, be it in teamspeak, in-game, or on the forums. We completely understand real life throws curve balls.

6. Our final joining requirement is the ability to fluently speak and write English. Communication is crucial in games, and the inability to do such effeciently and effectively would greatly hamper progress.
We reserve the right to change our joining requirements at any time, and make sure current members are eligible in order to remain a member.

How to join you ask?

Applying to join False Prophets is quite simple! Fill out the application below and post it in this thread. You will then be contacted within 24 hours through steam, or PM if we are unable to find you on steam (Usually much faster), and you will be given the teamspeak information so we can have a chat and see if you would fit well within our group.

Character Name:
    Steam Profile Link:
    Real Life Age:
    Timezone:
    In-Game Occupation:
    Previous Gaming Experience:
    How did you discover False Prophets?:
    Please explain why you would like to join us:
    Anything else you would like to add?:
Any falsification within your application is grounds for immediete and permanent dismissal from False Prophets. Please do not falsely represent yourself. We will find out sooner or later.
Last edited by Agathon on 08 Nov 2014, 20:14, edited 10 times in total.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Atome

Re: [NA] False Prophets Mature Gaming Community

Post by Atome » 31 Oct 2014, 23:42

:good: Post, looks like a great home for folks looking for a decent clan NA side.

Agreeneyedgemini

Re: [NA] False Prophets - A Mature Gaming Community

Post by Agreeneyedgemini » 01 Nov 2014, 01:24

Character Name: Atreya Auryn
Steam Username: agreeneyedgemini
Real Life Age: There are some things you never ask a lady. Old enough to purchase alcohol legally. Too young to apply for AARP.
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
In-Game Occupation: Farmer
Previous Gaming Experience: City of Heroes, WoW, Fiesta, Star Wars the Old Republic, Secret World, Rift, Guild Wars II, Warhammer Online, Neverwinter, The Elder Scrolls Online, etc.
How did you discover False Prophets?: I made a dirty joke....about dirt.
Please explain why you would like to join us: I would like to play with people who remember that LiF is a game. I would like freedom to do as I see fit while advancing the goals of a tight-knit community.
Anything else you would like to add?: No, math gives me a headache.

Natro42

Post by Natro42 » 03 Nov 2014, 20:28

Character Name: Bastian Auryn
Steam Username: natro42
Real Life Age: 37
Timezone: Pacific
In-Game Occupation: Construction/Carpentry
Previous Gaming Experience: Lots... EQ, EQ2, WoW, SWtoR, Secret World, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, and more.
How did you discover False Prophets?: Voices in my head.
Please explain why you would like to join us: It sounds fun. I like having a small but solid set of people in a community setting.
Anything else you would like to add?: I like 3.14159

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 08 Nov 2014, 17:19

The town is coming along nicely, have a warehouse and the blacksmiths area up and another warehouse / house are coming along! Just banging out the stone walls.

If you're interested in learning more about False Prophets, feel free to contact me on steam through Ulauma, or through forum PMs!
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Cnotes

Post by Cnotes » 08 Nov 2014, 18:31

Character Name: Leah Signe
Steam Username: zombiejillvalentine
Real Life Age: Somewhere between 25 and 35
Timezone: Central
In-Game Occupation: Gathering/Alchemy
Previous Gaming Experience: New to MMO, lots of Bethesda and Indie games (my favorite game is Fallout 3)
How did you discover False Prophets?: Recruiting in forum
Please explain why you would like to join us: I have never joined a group like this before, and I like the idea of everyone generally behaving like adults.
Anything else you would like to add?: I'm just starting in LIF (so I am a newbie), and I'm excited to learn!

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 08 Nov 2014, 19:25

Cnotes wrote:Character Name: Leah Signe
Steam Username: zombiejillvalentine
Real Life Age: Somewhere between 25 and 35
Timezone: Central
In-Game Occupation: Gathering/Alchemy
Previous Gaming Experience: New to MMO, lots of Bethesda and Indie games (my favorite game is Fallout 3)
How did you discover False Prophets?: Recruiting in forum
Please explain why you would like to join us: I have never joined a group like this before, and I like the idea of everyone generally behaving like adults.
Anything else you would like to add?: I'm just starting in LIF (so I am a newbie), and I'm excited to learn!

Hey there mate,

I've attempted to add you on steam under that name but nothing came up. If you could PM me on the forums, that would be great!

Haunter

Post by Haunter » 09 Nov 2014, 18:54

Character Name: Haunter Williamtintin
Steam Profile Link: Haunter
Real Life Age: 20
Time Zone: US East Coast
In-Game Occupation: black smith/hunter
Previous Gaming Experience: 1 month of experience playing LiF

- I discovered the False Prophets through a clan recruitment forum thread on the steam network

- I have been looking for a community to be apart of, nothing too serious, and nothing too childish

- Im a big fan of the Hack and Slash Genre, I've played mount and blade and well as the DLC for it and a mod i use to hop on a lot, chivalry, and war of the roses, I am on regularly on steam and I'm up to meet new people whenever possible, as well as helping others, or fighting the good fight :x

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 14 Nov 2014, 02:12

We've been having a lot of fun developing our village, and exploring the mechanics of Life is Feudal. We're up to six active and dedicated members now, and would love to welcome more into our group! We've been growing slowly but surely, and thats how we like it! Gaining quality members, over mass recruiting.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Kveak

Post by Kveak » 15 Nov 2014, 03:23

Character Name: Kveak
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030702288/
Real Life Age: 23
Timezone: East Coast USA
In-Game Occupation: No idea
Previous Gaming Experience: wow for years, other games. ive been gaming for years
How did you discover False Prophets?: Agathon
Please explain why you would like to join us: you all seem cool
Anything else you would like to add?: I like turtles

Primeval

Post by Primeval » 18 Nov 2014, 20:30

Character Name: Primeval
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rsnjfogruin/
Real Life Age: 26
Timezone: EST
In-Game Occupation: Whatever is most needed
Previous Gaming Experience: Extremely extensive(objectively, not bragging; I have no life)
How did you discover False Prophets?: This forum post.
Please explain why you would like to join us: A distinct and glorious lack of irritating children.
Anything else you would like to add?: Beer is good.

Nemx

Post by Nemx » 19 Nov 2014, 18:25

If your group is looking for a new server, We already have a few groups on the server but looking to add more players so more trade/battles exc can take place.

http://www.rbclan.net/home

The Forge:

Some of the key features that we have on the server:

*No Alts one player one character (implemented)
*Set spawn location (The Island) :
If a player dies they will spawn on the island in a jail that will be set up to help maintain future battles between groups(to be implemented)
*Faster Gathering of branches, Plant Fibers (Implemented)
*Faster Up root stumps times (to be implemented)
*Move out ability with a 2 minute cool up (waiting to apply) - to stop people killing fleeing people so easy and running at that speed in full plate would never happen.
*Global chat will be disabled (being applied)
*Active admins - Anything that a GM does a full report will be written up on the forums.
*Scriptwriters that will listen to people ideas so new things can be applied to the server
*A GM trade page will be set up: a list of items will be made so people can trade them for items that cant be obtain in the game in a normal way. Example: Hank of silk ---- Hank of wool, Wheat ---- Flour
*Forums to chat/report/ask for admin help with missed placed items (Active)
* Teamspeak

direct connect: 23.250.9.26:28010

Return to Guild Recruitment