Fate of Solo players?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Arcadies

Fate of Solo players?

Post by Arcadies » 15 Feb 2019, 21:08

With the move to Godenland, what is the fate of solo players? Are we relegated to Green Zones? Are we barred from living anywhere else? Are Personal Claims outside Protectorates even a thing?

I just want to be able to set up a camp and not worry about everything decaying and getting stolen if I don't log in for a few days.

Arcadies

Re: Fate of Solo players?

Post by Arcadies » 17 Feb 2019, 00:52

So thats it? I'm just cut out of the game now?

Monco

Post by Monco » 18 Feb 2019, 11:04

You can play in Protectorates with private claims, or get 10 characters and setup a guild monument outside of them. If I was to play solo I'd personally stick with protectorates.
You're not cut out of the game at all, as a solo player it's actually easier to play now then it was before since if you setup in a protectorate with a private claim there is no way that someone can take your stuff, while before every guild could put a monument near your private claim and just "eat" it by increasing the claim radius.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Feb 2019, 17:00

Exactly. Solo players and small groups can live safely in Protectorates, out of harm's way. Skill up, gain coins and either prepare for warfare or just keep enjoying the peace ;)

Arcadies

Post by Arcadies » 18 Feb 2019, 23:22

Can I place a personal monument outside a protectorate?

Nefezer

Post by Nefezer » 19 Feb 2019, 00:00

Arcadies wrote:Can I place a personal monument outside a protectorate?
Supposedly not. Outside the protectorates the only possible claims are guilds (Monuments and Outpost).

Go in peace.
In a game in BETA version we have to cope with the stressed development team with black humor :twisted:

Bradmason40

Post by Bradmason40 » 22 Feb 2019, 09:50

Arrakis wrote:Exactly. Solo players and small groups can live safely in Protectorates, out of harm's way. Skill up, gain coins and either prepare for warfare or just keep enjoying the peace ;)

Arrakis how does a small group jointly own a Private Claim? My friend can allow me access to his claim but I cannot sacrifice to the monument.

Also is there a way to see a marker of my private claim on the mini map?

Nefezer

Post by Nefezer » 22 Feb 2019, 12:55

Bradmason40 wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Exactly. Solo players and small groups can live safely in Protectorates, out of harm's way. Skill up, gain coins and either prepare for warfare or just keep enjoying the peace ;)

Arrakis how does a small group jointly own a Private Claim? My friend can allow me access to his claim but I cannot sacrifice to the monument.

A guild needs to be of at least 10 members to be able to claim a fief by means of a monument, but there is also the concept of a band, they are a group of players with less than 10 members in a guild. Previously, supposedly, different members of a guild may sacrifice coins in the personal claims of the other members of the guild while they have permission from the owner to do so. I do not know if with the recent updates this mechanics has been changed.

Go in peace.
In a game in BETA version we have to cope with the stressed development team with black humor :twisted:

Return to General Discussion