If it rained so much IRL the land would be tropical!

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Linbaba
True Believer

If it rained so much IRL the land would be tropical!

Post by Linbaba » 17 Dec 2016, 08:05

Or maybe that cloud is just following me all the time :cry:

Zerbe
Zealous Believer

Re: If it rained so much IRL the land would be tropical!

Post by Zerbe » 06 Feb 2017, 15:00

The climate would be considered a Temperate Rain forest much like the climate in Great Britain and Ireland in Europe, and the Pacific Northwest in the US. Just because it rains doesn't mean that it is hot.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 06 Feb 2017, 15:12

Zerbe wrote:The climate would be considered a Temperate Rain forest much like the climate in Great Britain and Ireland in Europe, and the Pacific Northwest in the US. Just because it rains doesn't mean that it is hot.

No, usually when it rains, it means it's cold but obviously on the equator it's humid, it rains all the time and it's hot!

So basically, let's agree that just because it rains doesn't mean anything. :good:

Anyway, I was speaking of the land, south and south west of the volcano, nothing grows, it's a desert, yellow sand. Please don't say that it may be really cold there, cause you know better.

Anyway, if it rained there (and also in the greener areas) as much as it does in game, plants would grow, like, a lot of plants, cause it really rained a lot in game, like a lot.

I mean really, a great amount, it was really great!

thank you!

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 06 Feb 2017, 15:37

lol at this guy thinking that the weather at his house is what the world looks like.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 06 Feb 2017, 15:47

JTCrowder1 wrote:lol at this guy thinking that the weather at his house is what the world looks like.

haha yeah so funny :ROFL:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 06 Feb 2017, 18:54

Alright - new cool feature to add to the game. Down in the desert region, when it rains, have all the dried brown plants bloom in a smorgasbord of color.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 06 Feb 2017, 18:58

Azzerhoden wrote:Alright - new cool feature to add to the game. Down in the desert region, when it rains, have all the dried brown plants bloom in a smorgasbord of color.

Nah, new cool feature. after so many days of rain, the entire map is covered in 20Ft of water, and only those with high walls/buildings can survive! and lets call it.... Water world!
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 06 Feb 2017, 19:20

Azzerhoden wrote:Alright - new cool feature to add to the game. Down in the desert region, when it rains, have all the dried brown plants bloom in a smorgasbord of color.

that would be so pretty!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 06 Feb 2017, 23:34

Nomeatloaf wrote:

Nah, new cool feature. after so many days of rain, the entire map is covered in 20Ft of water, and only those with high walls/buildings can survive! and lets call it.... Water world!

OR the reverse with the far northern ice sheets expanding so much that the water level drops 20 feet.

So many interesting possibilities.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Zerbe
Zealous Believer

Post by Zerbe » 16 Feb 2017, 08:45

Linbaba wrote:
Zerbe wrote:The climate would be considered a Temperate Rain forest much like the climate in Great Britain and Ireland in Europe, and the Pacific Northwest in the US. Just because it rains doesn't mean that it is hot.

No, usually when it rains, it means it's cold but obviously on the equator it's humid, it rains all the time and it's hot!

So basically, let's agree that just because it rains doesn't mean anything. :good:

Anyway, I was speaking of the land, south and south west of the volcano, nothing grows, it's a desert, yellow sand. Please don't say that it may be really cold there, cause you know better.

Anyway, if it rained there (and also in the greener areas) as much as it does in game, plants would grow, like, a lot of plants, cause it really rained a lot in game, like a lot.

I mean really, a great amount, it was really great!

thank you!

You had never mentioned that you were referring to the MMO and it's respective regions obviously that would be a different story. I was referring to the LiF:YO island that does closely mimic a temperate rain forest

JTCrowder1 wrote:lol at this guy thinking that the weather at his house is what the world looks like.

JTC I lived across the US in many different climates, including a temperate rain forest at one point. Assuming that I am from Great Britain just because I mentioned it is naive. Also try not to be so petty as to strike out at strangers online for your own amusement. It is quite childish and unbecoming of a human being.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 16 Feb 2017, 10:01

I get what you were saying.

To rephrase, I was assuming that how green plants are and how many plants there are is related to how much it rains.

You wouldn't expect a desert where it rains a lot or dense green country side where it never rains.

But in LIF MMO, that's the case some times :)

Hljdor_Scripi
True Believer

Post by Hljdor_Scripi » 17 Feb 2017, 08:28

DarklyNoon

Post by DarklyNoon » 02 Jan 2018, 10:41

Linbaba wrote:I get what you were saying.

To rephrase, I was assuming that how green plants are and how many plants there are is related to how much it rains.

You wouldn't expect a desert where it rains a lot or dense green country side where it never rains.

But in LIF MMO, that's the case some times :)

Our pretty little planet has various types of desert.

Trade wind deserts: Hot, dry (sahara)

Midlatitude deserts: can be hot, cold, or mid range, its a desert because of the ocean being receded.

Monsoon deserts

Polar deserts

And localized sand dune deserts (forgot official name) caused by planting Pine trees and cutting them repeatedly until the soil was dead. and similar effects. We have several small ones like this in my country. It rains a lot here every week, its not hot or cold (temperate climate) and most of our lands are like forests in lif. but these zones are dead due to lack of nutrients in the ground, caused by logging company's planting and cutting pine trees in rotation and not re-fertilizing the land.

So, your argument is invalid, and thus made mute.

Now... if you talk about the fact that south in game is sunny, middle is green and top is winter on the map... and the amount of water surrounding it and the size of the land itself.. then one would expect hurricanes and tornado's to be prevalent.. but we dont see any of that.
And the thunderstorms should be present a lot to. esp in the north :p
But, hey. its a game THE END.

Return to Lore Section