Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Beans2004

Re: Important Poll

Post by Beans2004 » 02 Jun 2014, 07:10

I think its a great idea.

Deelight

Post by Deelight » 09 Jun 2014, 21:04

As I'm more of a pure crafter, I like having multiple characters and being able to switch when I get bored doing one type of work on a character so the pricing for alts seems a bit steep to me.

Hanger55
Alpha Tester

Post by Hanger55 » 26 Jun 2014, 22:00

Much like deelight I do enjoy to have an alt to craft or switch crafting... Though I starred up at the name of the game and chuckled abit... Anyways I've read around about 20$/euros then 10$/euros for the next blah blah blah stuff like that seems reasonable to me.

Reese
Alpha Tester

Post by Reese » 28 Jun 2014, 03:35

Deelight wrote:As I'm more of a pure crafter, I like having multiple characters and being able to switch when I get bored doing one type of work on a character so the pricing for alts seems a bit steep to me.

I'm kinda the same way but with the opposite thought on the price. Being a crafter I feel a dis-advantage towards combat. As such I fear constant deaths to un-provoked aggression. But having a negative alignment mechanic with the cost of rolling a new "clean slate" character being somewhat expensive gives me a sense that people will take matters a little more seriously and think twice before randomly PK'g me.

But then again, if we can afford to create alts to cure boredom, who is to say someone won't have a "Villian" alt for such Pk'g.

Time will tell.

LaCai

Post by LaCai » 04 Jul 2014, 01:23

Im paying more than 10e a month for some browser games :ROFL:
And for preventing botting etc, fine seems resonable, its solving more issues than making them :D
Have been reading/wathcing alot from LiF, and it seems pretty awesome and unique :Bravo:
LiF has to earn its upkeep somehow.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 08 Sep 2014, 00:44

Edit, comment not necessary
Last edited by Zathurus on 08 Sep 2014, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 08 Sep 2014, 00:58

Combat skill points are already completely separate from Crafting skill points.

Your entire argument is null.

Check the wiki next time: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Skill_Cap

<3

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 08 Sep 2014, 01:11

MachineMedic wrote:Combat skill points are already completely separate from Crafting skill points.

Your entire argument is null.

Check the wiki next time: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Skill_Cap

<3

Thanks for implementing that, will edit the comment.
I did watch the tutorials, and read about building items, in the wiki, I did not notice the 'different pages' for skills, and as he describes caps, as implemented by the 'pages' for combat and crafting. Glad they got that part right.

Jeorg
Alpha Tester

Post by Jeorg » 13 Sep 2014, 03:26

well, I signed up for a donation, and I feel the cost of the move for a character is pretty good. Although I do hope for a free or significant reduction in moving one for that, if the game is as good as it is promising to be, I wont be a disgruntled supporter either way.
I agree that even with this system we are still going to see some people who simply PK because that's who they are, and some who just don't care about the price, but I would say you wont see as many. Basically you will have two groups like that, ones who PK as a play style who don't care about being the bad guy, ( having a few around the kingdom is not a bad thing, after all, what is a medieval land without a rogue or two? ) and they may have another good guy character, and the ones who don't care about money going out, but they ( the latter ) probably wont stay around as long as they will get bored and move on to ruin other peoples lives in other games. Meanwhile the cost of characters keeps the game going for those who stay, be they good or evil, Knight or Artisan. At the current exchange rate my cost is about 25 UDS for a character, but for a persistent forever character that I can enjoy for a long time that's not unreasonable since the core game is free distribution.

PhaserRave

Post by PhaserRave » 19 Sep 2014, 23:36

As long as it isn't too much (20, and then 10 for any following characters seems OK), and as long as there's no other fees (such as a subscription that I need to continue), then I'd be fine with it. I would probably add a couple different characters as I love to have versatility.
They say you can find out Gordon Ramsay's age by counting the ridges on his forehead.

Estorm

Post by Estorm » 20 Sep 2014, 07:45

Bobik wrote:Greetings!

2. Every player will be able to claim at least 100 in-game cells for free for their personal use which will be protected from any type of damage (including other players’ damage) and decay.

I need to get confirmation on one thing about this:
Could this statement be taken as that you can purchase extra cells that will be protected from any kind of damage?

Rougie29

Post by Rougie29 » 20 Sep 2014, 13:39

As long as there is no subscription I am ok with this policy. I just don't want another pay to win MMO, once I have my character, I don't want to pay anymore.

Sunflare78

Post by Sunflare78 » 20 Sep 2014, 16:37

For my own little Island or good amount of cells personal claim and a "Sir firstname name" or "firstname von name" i would pay 50 € :beer:

Thamos

Post by Thamos » 21 Sep 2014, 04:01

The way to attract people into the game is by not having any restrictions or fees for the primary character. I already bought the Alpha version for 40$. Along with all the others who made this purchase should be granted a key to the MMO Version. I have no care if I am granted anything special from others that did not buy the Alpha. I am all about being fair. I hate pay to wins, its just plain stupid and un fair. However this is a serious style game, so order must be made. The first character should be totally free and have no restrictions because it is your primary character. The idea of a newbie island is great because it gives people the ability to mess around with no penalties, and figure out what style of character they actually want. The way to make a difference between noobie island and "The Real World" is by not giving them a second chance with there first free character. Let them unleash all the foolery on noobie island and get ready to play serious in the main land. If they join the real world and ruin that character... well that just sucks for them. But for those that simply want another character could buy one for an additional fee. By putting a price on a new character will give people a more serious outlook on there characters, giving them a person connection because they are spending their hard earned cash on a video game character! but for little kids spending mommy and daddys cash..... I have no comment. The game has serious potential and its day 2 of release. It has me hooked and I really hope you guys take it to a new level of gaming. Thanks
Last edited by Thamos on 21 Sep 2014, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

Drek71

Post by Drek71 » 21 Sep 2014, 04:28

If this is a b2p game then is the purpose of paying for extra characters for revenue or to limit the PKs?
If its to limit PKs then why not encourage players to abide by the laws with your alignment system by only allowing them to open up a new character by reaching a certain positive alignment.
This could be chained as well so if you make 5 characters but think I want to turn my second character into a douche then he will disable or turn all other characters made from his positive alignment to the same alignment. So effectively anyone wanting to pk will only do it with their last character they may make.
This way it limits when a player decides to make a PK as he will want to keep all his other characters active compared to b2p where they have the choice anytime.
B2P also doesn't stop people who have money to burn. Look at all the hackers out there in other games who have payed money for their hacks I'm pretty sure they didn't care on the monetary amount they spent to ruin the game for others for their cheap thrills.

Thamos

Post by Thamos » 21 Sep 2014, 04:34

Drek71 wrote:If this is a b2p game then is the purpose of paying for extra characters for revenue or to limit the PKs?
If its to limit PKs then why not encourage players to abide by the laws with your alignment system by only allowing them to open up a new character by reaching a certain positive alignment.
This could be chained as well so if you make 5 characters but think I want to turn my second character into a douche then he will disable or turn all other characters made from his positive alignment to the same alignment. So effectively anyone wanting to pk will only do it with their last character they may make.
This way it limits when a player decides to make a PK as he will want to keep all his other characters active compared to b2p where they have the choice anytime.
B2P also doesn't stop people who have money to burn. Look at all the hackers out there in other games who have payed money for their hacks I'm pretty sure they didn't care on the monetary amount they spent to ruin the game for others for their cheap thrills.

this should not come down to one character ruining it for the other character you purchase. Read my post, I had to edit it. I have strong feelings about this game and I would really like my voice to be heard. If people want to be dicks then the devs should just band the fuck out of their Ips or w.e they can. I have never hacked because its honestly a losers gig. I have already made a purchase of 40 dollars to support this game, and I am way way ok with it. If I was a rich bastard I would fun these guys right up there a**. But I am not. Read my post and get back to me. Games are always going to have their dicks. but lets give the killers some credit, if they honestly want to be bandits and have their first character like that, then lets hope they have some good gear. I know ill be the one hunting them down.

Drek71

Post by Drek71 » 21 Sep 2014, 07:15

Post by Thamos » 59 minutes ago

This should not come down to one character ruining it for the other character you purchase.

When I posted my suggestion it was to flesh out what the developers real intentions are. Smacking a price tag on everything is the easiest thing to do and the most profitable for them. But if they are serious on limiting the killing that falls outside their intended game concept then they need to look at factors that motivate PK's and crack down on them hard.

Hunting them may work but that's providing you can defeat them. It could lead to an unofficial war as well and not every character you join as will be kickass chances are it will be some kind of labourer and its those characters you'll see die and you'll feel the most pain especially if it costs or takes a while to gain each point.

I could go on with a war of attrition here, given game mechanics like what if they kept killing your profession characters but you couldn't touch theirs without becoming PK. Can you see now that the punishment system has to be pretty harsh to deter people.
Maybe needing a positive alignment for new chars that you have to pay for as originally conceived and a global alignment stat on all characters for each server so if you decide to be PK on that server it will reflect on all your characters and your ability to have more until you pay to have it reset.

Honestly having played rust most communities I have joined are not that bad but Ive never had to lose skill points since UO which if i remember correctly really sucked. Its the hackers that really ruin the game these days.

Tr1stan

Post by Tr1stan » 21 Sep 2014, 10:17

This is the perfect system for this type of game. It will destroy botting, Random kills and trolling!

Thamos

Post by Thamos » 21 Sep 2014, 15:59

Drek71 wrote:
Post by Thamos » 59 minutes ago

This should not come down to one character ruining it for the other character you purchase.

When I posted my suggestion it was to flesh out what the developers real intentions are. Smacking a price tag on everything is the easiest thing to do and the most profitable for them. But if they are serious on limiting the killing that falls outside their intended game concept then they need to look at factors that motivate PK's and crack down on them hard.

Hunting them may work but that's providing you can defeat them. It could lead to an unofficial war as well and not every character you join as will be kickass chances are it will be some kind of labourer and its those characters you'll see die and you'll feel the most pain especially if it costs or takes a while to gain each point.

I could go on with a war of attrition here, given game mechanics like what if they kept killing your profession characters but you couldn't touch theirs without becoming PK. Can you see now that the punishment system has to be pretty harsh to deter people.
Maybe needing a positive alignment for new chars that you have to pay for as originally conceived and a global alignment stat on all characters for each server so if you decide to be PK on that server it will reflect on all your characters and your ability to have more until you pay to have it reset.

Honestly having played rust most communities I have joined are not that bad but Ive never had to lose skill points since UO which if i remember correctly really sucked. Its the hackers that really ruin the game these days.

I wasnt meaning to bash ur idea in anyway. But maybe it would make sense to almost lable a persons account as being a "bandit" maybe giving their new characters a distinc color indicating that they could not be trustworthy. Hopefully when the game is released the devs can still play around and make changes. Because we can really only know when the game is released for about a month to see how it plays out. I currently have a group. Clan Iron-Moose. We are no bandits but we do have a good functioning group with designated rolls. Everyone trys hard for eachother. And that will be the difference between a surving player or a dead one. You need a good group. Maybe the devs will have zones where they could possibly be safe. Maybe AI that work as guards. Idk. This game is a great concept abd im eager to see how it unfolds.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 22 Sep 2014, 00:47

That is more than reasonable for limitless play. €20 = $25 US and €10 = $13 US. You can putz around on the island for $35 FOREVER or join the big kids on the main MMO WITH the character you have for €20/$25 or €10/$13 FOREVER. Who would think that was unreasonable? That's less than I've paid to most other "free" MMOs I've played.

Drek71

Post by Drek71 » 22 Sep 2014, 09:26

I think even if you get past the initial cost of the game what gets me is why legit players end up paying for a policing system when one could be simply implemented in the game for nothing.
Having said that, I hav'nt seen a dev response for ages in this thread so I'm guessing its decided already and pay for characters is the one they will use.

Problem with society they would rather throw cash at it and see if it goes away before they bother looking at alternatives or question why the cash solution was even brought up.
In Oz our government was the same their only solution to the greenhouse effect was to slap a carbon tax on big business to make them clean up their act but instead and as predicted all they did was raise the price of goods and it was the consumer who paid for it.
Ironically most where against the idea but the government did it anyway.

Thamos sounds like you have a cool group to play with and I'm jealous. I hope its enough for you to win against the heathen hordes.

Ratboy

Post by Ratboy » 22 Sep 2014, 10:18

Hate to be that guy and all but I just paid a lot of money for the game and now I find out ill half to pay for every new character I'll make which I'll half to end up doing just to get some diversity I mean I don't wanna start as a blacksmith then have to pay 10 more dolors for a farmer and another for a doctor and another for a wood working I'd rather your able to create new characters based on your playtime in the server

Mumpel

Post by Mumpel » 22 Sep 2014, 13:18

I really dont like the idea of paying for every character. First of all: I dont charge my steam wallet and i dont want to have to make a transaction for every character ... thats just waaaay to complicated and 20 - 10 EUR is too expensive.

I just payed 30 EUR for an ealry access game - which is pretty heavy to begin with and than i need to pay again to get my character(s) to the main island? that doesnt sound good tbh.

I think i will skip the main game if this system stays.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 22 Sep 2014, 21:09

Mumpel wrote:I really dont like the idea of paying for every character. First of all: I dont charge my steam wallet and i dont want to have to make a transaction for every character ... thats just waaaay to complicated and 20 - 10 EUR is too expensive.

I just payed 30 EUR for an ealry access game - which is pretty heavy to begin with and than i need to pay again to get my character(s) to the main island? that doesnt sound good tbh.

I think i will skip the main game if this system stays.

Your first character is free if you own LiF:YO.
See: lif-yo-owners-will-receive-some-premium-currency-in-lif-mmo-t1941/

Other than that, how many characters would you want to make in the MMO?
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 23 Sep 2014, 22:40

What about €5 per character in the MMO? Should be cheap enough that those wanting to make an alt for any reason to do so without real concern (the rest of the game is already free at that point), and enough of a cost to keep alt spamming down.

Hell at €1 to €2, let people spam alts, just more coin in the server coffers.
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Fiw7

Post by Fiw7 » 24 Sep 2014, 09:58

I think the prices seem a bit steep. Not very steep, but a bit on the high side.
What I think would be the best idea, was to make the initial 20€ give access to TWO (2) characters on the main realm, and then keep the 10€ for each additional character.

I know that I would find one char too limiting.
There would simply not be enough variation in the "daily life".
But with two characters I imagine that one would be make in to a worker of some sort, and the other would be a more dedicated warrior.

Or perhaps making two workers with different skills. Both for the variation, but also so it's possible to play in smaller communities (by switching back and forth between chars), without feeling left too far behind the big communities.

GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 » 24 Sep 2014, 23:56

Hello, I am new here and made an account just to make a vote.

I have read as much as I can about this game, including all the whine threads on Steam forums about the cost.

I say, keep it as is. The planed price to move characters to island and the buy in price on Steam. This should keep the rif-raf out and facilitate people who are actually interested in the game to test it.

Better this way, than having a flood of kiddies that only want to brag they, "were in on the test", without ever having actually done any testing.

Bowen33
True Believer

Post by Bowen33 » 25 Sep 2014, 20:01

So... I'm sorry but $10 is not a lot of money by no means. If you can't afford $10 you shouldn't be playing video games instead finding a job. I am certainly okay with the amount. How much was your fast food meal today? I'm assuming around $8. I think you get the point here. You have to work to play. RL shit.

Drek71

Post by Drek71 » 26 Sep 2014, 01:42

@Bowen33
There's things you must pay for in life, food, rent, transport, and entertainment in order to stay sane and healthy etc. If your landlord put the rent up would you then say, oh well looks like i need a second job now to pay for that luxury. This game is like that rent, in fact ironically they even have rent in the game. Its one of the factors that will blow the overall price out of proportion.
I guess no one has to play this game if they see it that way its not a must. But if you want a larger community you have to cater to all levels of income earners.
I know the title is "life is feudal" but we have moved beyond the social caste system with the invention of the stock exchange.
My point is its not the initial cost or what you expect to pay to open the game up to its fullest. Its the paying for every little mechanic within the game sometime over and over that will end up making people regret buying the game.
If I was to make a prediction on this game atm. Give it a year or two and you will see abandoned cities as people will leave the game because they will be sick of paying for it.

Rarp

Post by Rarp » 26 Sep 2014, 14:18

Personally I think there should be a very low max amount of chars like three or so. People with lots of real $ are going to pump out characters so they can be ass hats in PvP (seen it in DF).
ImagejoinToRemoteServer("lif.nightswatch.ca:28000","")
The Night's Watch is recruiting!
Web based skill calculator

Return to General Discussion