Ingame lag spikes may caused by launcher?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

FriedhelmWinter
True Believer

Ingame lag spikes may caused by launcher?

Post by FriedhelmWinter » 24 Jan 2018, 21:35

Hello first of all.
I am playing the LiF MMO now since it started and like to continue doing so. But for some reason a constant lag spike is interrupting my more or less "lagfree" expierience now for about 2 weeks. I think it was two days after the game was released on steam the lag spikes started hitting me. First I thought it is some server issue. For example when there are 150+ players on one server and the ping goes up to 400-600 constant. But that is not the issue, so i checked my internet connection but that is also fine aswell. I never had problems with my internet connection and i still don't have it on other games.
But what I found out is, the lag starts as soon as i open the launcher. It lags out my Discord and Teamspeak aswell and it ends first when I close the launcher again. This makes me suspicious that maybe the Launcher causes this problem.
This Lag spike causes for me people dissapearing in ground or jumping meters high, hits go through people in pvp or even worse suddenly they just port into your face, your stamina lags out and on and on. The only advantage is archers have a hard time to hit me tho.
I would appreciate any help on that.
Attachments
Lag spike.png
This Lag spike is what I am having every 8-15 seconds
Lag spike.png (201.28 KiB) Viewed 4688 times

Arrakis

Re: Ingame lag spikes may caused by launcher?

Post by Arrakis » 24 Jan 2018, 23:27

Launcher can cause lags in some cases. It's best to force close it in the task manager after successfully logging in the game.

FriedhelmWinter
True Believer

Post by FriedhelmWinter » 25 Jan 2018, 00:56

Arrakis wrote:Launcher can cause lags in some cases. It's best to force close it in the task manager after successfully logging in the game.

Hah, and I was always afraid it will crash my game if I do. Should have tried :fool:

Works now perfectly again, like it was before. Thanks for the Answer! :good:

Flchris13579

Post by Flchris13579 » 06 Feb 2018, 00:10

This just started happening to me yesterday and I can 100% confirm it is the launcher but it doesn't just affect teamspeak. It affects all INBOUND packets while causing no effect on outgoing traffic. Just having the launcher open lags out my league of legends client, teamspeak, discord, and increases load times on webpages by several seconds. The second I close the launcher that all stops.

Vetian
True Believer

Post by Vetian » 10 Feb 2019, 01:56

I don't understand how forcing the launcher to close is an acceptable solution. Your launcher is causing significant lag issues even when the game is not running. In a continuous ping to my router I get <1 ms without your launcher running. When I start your launcher I get pings over 2k+ ms every 9-10 pings. If you can't figure out how to fix it your shitty launcher then you should write a line of code to close it after the game launches. With your launcher open I literally can't do anything. I can't play the game, can't talk in Discord.

Fix your shit. Don't give stupid work-arounds.

Just for good measure I reinstalled Windows and tried it again. Same issue.
Windows 10
Nvidia 1080TI
Wireless: Linksys WUSB6300 AC1200 Wireless-AC USB Adapter
I've used several different wireless access points / routers to see if it was an issue with those on several different channels and settings. Same issue on 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 10 Feb 2019, 11:20

We'll look into the problem. Apologies for the issue.

Vetian
True Believer

Post by Vetian » 10 Feb 2019, 15:38

Arrakis wrote:We'll look into the problem. Apologies for the issue.

Thank you. I appreciate this.

If you need additional information or a video or anything from me for diagnostics please let me know.

Return to General Discussion