Invitation to a new kingdom (NEW server, nothing built)

Foleus

Invitation to a new kingdom (NEW server, nothing built)

Post by Foleus » 04 Oct 2014, 05:39

Hello Folks,

I have recently purchased a server and I am inviting all of those interested in joining a stable, low ping, american server.

I plan on renting a teamspeak server for all 64 player slots for players to enjoy, start their own clans where I will grant them their own channels, we will have a trading system, recuitment system, fighting each other for land, diplomacy and so on so forth.

I have the server, all I need are the people. If you would like a fresh start on something to build on and contribute to, I will never ask for any sort of donation to keep the server / teamspeak running, all I ask is that you respect one another.

Currently we have 8 dedicated members towards our server and we are always looking for more players. We are also currently looking for active members to welcome into our kinship and build with us. Tools will be supplied, as well as advice and information on the game.

For those who are interested:

Server Name: "North American Tribes - x20 Skills - 1500 skill cap"
Connection Info: 69.162.64.50:40960

Type: joinToRemoteServer("69.162.64.50:40960") in console command to instantly join the server.

I am open to suggestions on tuning the server presets (i.e skill speed, skill cap, animal cap, etc.)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and considering,

Folius
Last edited by Foleus on 04 Oct 2014, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

Type: joinToRemoteServer("69.162.64.50:40960") in console command to instantly join the server

Blackout

Re: Invitation to a new kingdom (NEW server, nothing built)

Post by Blackout » 04 Oct 2014, 05:43

Just a suggestion, 20x skills is hardcore.

We are running here a small, 6 slot server for my friends and me. We started with 10x and raised our skills way too fast. After one of our guys became a very good cook and we got 5,5x food multiplier, our leveling reached new planets ;)

The fun about leveling gets a little bit destroyed when you cut 2 tress and reach lvl 100 after that ;)

If we have to restart our world, we are going with the 1x mutliplier, because a good cook is a good option to boost your leveling and he becomes very valuable :)

Beside that, good luck with your server :good:

Foleus

Post by Foleus » 04 Oct 2014, 05:50

Hey Blackout!

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I plan on changing it, I was just hoping to give new players the ability to learn the game a little quicker than normal. But I appreciate your feedback!

Type: joinToRemoteServer("69.162.64.50:40960") in console command to instantly join the server

Blackout

Post by Blackout » 04 Oct 2014, 06:02

I would recommend you, to set the skill multiplier to 3x - 5x. Not higher. Players who are often online reach the stats cap very fast. Leveling is a long term game element which should take some time and reward you, when you reach a new skill.

Instead of getting new players with a high multiplier, you should get and hold them with friendly and helpful players.
Invite them, show them how the game works, supply them with tools and food and they will stay longer on your server, then with a high multiplier :good:

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran » 04 Oct 2014, 07:17

Sounds like an awesome fun server, I do agree though I tend to play on the MMO multiplier matching servers because I want to feel as if I really earned it when I port over to MMO.

Foleus

Post by Foleus » 04 Oct 2014, 16:11

Blackout wrote:I would recommend you, to set the skill multiplier to 3x - 5x. Not higher. Players who are often online reach the stats cap very fast. Leveling is a long term game element which should take some time and reward you, when you reach a new skill.

Instead of getting new players with a high multiplier, you should get and hold them with friendly and helpful players.
Invite them, show them how the game works, supply them with tools and food and they will stay longer on your server, then with a high multiplier :good:

Greatly appreciated all of your feedback! I am still very new to this game and I'm very very thankful.

Aldebaran wrote:Sounds like an awesome fun server, I do agree though I tend to play on the MMO multiplier matching servers because I want to feel as if I really earned it when I port over to MMO.

What exactly are you referring to when you you mention "Play on MMO multiplier matchign servers", I have rented a 64 slot server for this game, is it different than what you are referring to?

I only ask because I keep hearing people mention MMO and Your own being different, yet I only see Your Own as an available game, am I missing something here?

Return to PvP Servers