Judgement Hour on Epleland

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Do you want JH on Epleland?

Yes, full JH with pvp,looting, and influence zone active
39%
No, none of that. Keep as is.
21%
No, but find another way to make influence zone active.
40%

Total votes : 194

Ghalter
True Believer

Judgement Hour on Epleland

Post by Ghalter » 16 Mar 2018, 16:40

There is currently a discussion ongoing on wether or not we should have JH on epleland. To bring you up to speed, it works thusly:
Judgment hour (often abbreviated to JH) is a particular time during prime time on specific days. During judgement hour guilds that are at war can attack and loot each other's claims.

Vulnerability
During judgment hour your guild's realm claim is vulnerable to attack from guilds that are in official state of war with your guild.

Personal claims that are on your guild's realm claim are still safe, adding another layer of protections to your assets.

Guilds at war with your guild can mount your horses even if they have an ownership timer.

Influence zone
All Private monuments or Tier 1 Monuments belonging to guilds you at war with are vulnerable if they are inside your guild's influence zone. This is meant as a defensive measure against private claims and guild claims placed right next to an established guild's claim, it is not meant for agressive actions.

The vulnerable claims (private, realm and town claims) can be looted and buildings damaged. A Tier 1 guild monument can also be destroyed using siege weapons.

On epleland, we have influence zones but cannot make use of them since they are only active during JH. VOTE!

GMVarrick

Re: Judgement Hour on Epleland

Post by GMVarrick » 16 Mar 2018, 16:45

Thank you. This is regarding a post I made in Discord #Epleland General Discussion:
Hello everyone! As many of you may know, there is a new mechanic that came out recently (influence zones) meant to help guilds defend their land better by removing stuff in personal claims and t1 monuments that are too close to their land for comfort. Sadly, this feature is tied in to Judgement Hour. We would be interested in seeing someone start a poll on our forums regarding this and if the community would support a 1h Judgement Hour on Saturday's. This once a week for 1 hour is easy to predict and make accomodations for if you wish, and wouldn't affect the vast majority of people (only those that are at war with each other would really be affected but it means anyone could use the influence mechanic as is intended). Let us know what the community thinks and wants on this subject please (PM me a link to this poll once its created, and make sure to post a link here and to share so more ppl can see it)
Sincerely,
GM Varrick
BitBox Ltd.
www.lifeisfeudal.com

Emitchell3

Post by Emitchell3 » 16 Mar 2018, 17:09

I do not know if its my place to say this but the vote does feel weighted against JHs probably accidental given its a mechanic not implemented in the server.

I'd personally say that might be worth highlighting the importance of guilds being able to defend their influence zone. But having 2 no options and people being able to just say "get it to work" isn't really gonna help solve the problem of troll claims.

Lofi
Zealous Believer

Post by Lofi » 16 Mar 2018, 17:11

In the AMA for Epleland the answer clear and consice "No JH on Epleland." Why are we even talking about this? People that want JH have a multitude of servers to choose from.
Duke Lofi Vemundson, <lots of flashy RP titles>
Kingdom of Dunbar (Epleland)

(click banner for Kingdom Discord)

Cptfunkwagnalls

Post by Cptfunkwagnalls » 16 Mar 2018, 17:16

No. We were told there would be no JH on Epleland.

Once that starts, you might as well just turn it into another pvp server, and there are enough of those if people really want it.

Belgarath

Post by Belgarath » 16 Mar 2018, 17:20

We don't want JH, we want siege totems and the 10 tile penalty.
Belgarath Embid King of La Guardia Real

Nazeef

Post by Nazeef » 16 Mar 2018, 17:21

Voted "Yes", let's stop this madness!

Darth_Maul_x3

Post by Darth_Maul_x3 » 16 Mar 2018, 17:22

I think it's not really difficult to find the way how to make influence zones active without JH

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 16 Mar 2018, 17:28

Yesssss make Epleland gr... well 1 hour/week isn't good enough but still make it at least tolerable.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Silander
Zealous Believer

Post by Silander » 16 Mar 2018, 17:54

Why is judgement hour being forced upon us as this was voted against before are we going to have to keep voting until the Judgement hour is in epleland.

If you want judgement hour play on the other servers that have it we can still pvp without it.

Ghalter
True Believer

Post by Ghalter » 16 Mar 2018, 18:17

For those that dont want JH on epleland, i understand your position but this is 2 sided. The reason they ask is because now, as opposed to our last vote, we have influence zones around our realm claims. during jh, you can now disable personal claims, t1 claims, and deconstruct buildings within your influence zone. this is why varrick has asked for another vote.
Note: If you dont want to risk your claim being damaged during JH, but you want influence zones to work, you have 2 options -
1 - vote the option "no but find another way"
2 - vote Yes and do not declare war on anyone.

Drakis

Post by Drakis » 16 Mar 2018, 18:18

Im against any JH on Epleland. Make the influence zone work without JH and all is fine.

Lofi
Zealous Believer

Post by Lofi » 16 Mar 2018, 18:38

Is this vote yes or no ... or is there 2 no options to split votes?
Duke Lofi Vemundson, <lots of flashy RP titles>
Kingdom of Dunbar (Epleland)

(click banner for Kingdom Discord)

Risquu

Post by Risquu » 16 Mar 2018, 18:59

Judgement hour is a rubbish mechanic. All it does it make people put everything in their town claim. Just give us 10 radius reduction for IBs.

Talbion

Post by Talbion » 16 Mar 2018, 19:12

I can understand people wanna be able to use the "Power of Judgement Hour" to remove encroaching personal claims and guild claims but there has to be another way.

So I am NO for JH, but YES for Influence zones....Devs can do this a different way.

Kingt

Post by Kingt » 16 Mar 2018, 21:35

I voted no on this, when I originally signed up for this server was for the RP not the pvp aspect, tho I agree there is already some pvp in the server.. I do not want this JH stuff on the server or the influence zones active... I play with a small group of friends and we are still enjoying the game and the RP with other communities and people that stop by.

We simply don't have the resources to defend against people influencing our guild claim or wrecking our crap in a judgement hour.

If that happens, we would simply leave.

Nazeef

Post by Nazeef » 16 Mar 2018, 21:52

Kingt wrote:I voted no on this, when I originally signed up for this server was for the RP not the pvp aspect, tho I agree there is already some pvp in the server.. I do not want this JH stuff on the server or the influence zones active... I play with a small group of friends and we are still enjoying the game and the RP with other communities and people that stop by.

We simply don't have the resources to defend against people influencing our guild claim or wrecking our crap in a judgement hour.

If that happens, we would simply leave.

PvP and RP aspect are combined perfectly. There isn't actual PvE aspect in this game so you will leave anyway when you'll build everything and become bored.

Valverrin

Post by Valverrin » 17 Mar 2018, 00:18

GMVarrick wrote:and if the community would support a 1h Judgement Hour on Saturday's. This once a week for 1 hour is easy to predict and make accomodations for if you wish, and wouldn't affect the vast majority of people (only those that are at war with each other would really be affected but it means anyone could use the influence mechanic as is intended).

YES PLEASE :) ! One hour a week is a good and pretty safe way to test how things will turn out.

Kingt

Post by Kingt » 17 Mar 2018, 04:50

Nazeef wrote:PvP and RP aspect are combined perfectly. There isn't actual PvE aspect in this game so you will leave anyway when you'll build everything and become bored.

I've been playing for about two months now, have pretty much built everything I wanted and still not bored, I enjoy meeting other people, going to tournaments or other events.. day to day life... interests me.. and I still enjoy building.

I'm not bored yet, but if I have to keep worrying about my claim that someone with superior numbers will wreck me and my small guild.. that would interrupt my roleplaying.

I think it's fine the way it is, JH will only encourage more picking on the smaller groups imo.

Kenneth1991

Post by Kenneth1991 » 17 Mar 2018, 09:42

not all players are going to be able to see this as they do not use the forum.

Ian-C
Zealous Believer

Post by Ian-C » 17 Mar 2018, 10:03

I have to agree with the posts quoted below, JH is not for Epleland as this is what brings a lot of players to the server. If you want JH go play on one of the many PVP servers, and if your just looking to remove an encroaching PC or guild role play it out and find a solution.

Cptfunkwagnalls wrote:No. We were told there would be no JH on Epleland.

Once that starts, you might as well just turn it into another pvp server, and there are enough of those if people really want it.

Silander wrote:Why is judgement hour being forced upon us as this was voted against before are we going to have to keep voting until the Judgement hour is in epleland.

If you want judgement hour play on the other servers that have it we can still pvp without it.

Lofi wrote:In the AMA for Epleland the answer clear and consice "No JH on Epleland." Why are we even talking about this? People that want JH have a multitude of servers to choose from.

Nazeef

Post by Nazeef » 20 Mar 2018, 13:48

Bump for important vote. Make influence zone work and wars be meaningful!

Nazeef

Post by Nazeef » 22 Mar 2018, 14:19

Bump.

Nazeef

Post by Nazeef » 26 Mar 2018, 14:28

Bump

Return to General Discussion