Kingdom of Valkreich - Norse Vikings, RP/PvP, Server 10

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Sigvatr

Kingdom of Valkreich - Norse Vikings, RP/PvP, Server 10

Post by Sigvatr » 25 Aug 2014, 10:36

Valk: Dutch "Falcon" / Old Norse valr, "slain warriors" (Also from Valknut, the symbol associated with Odin: God of knowledge and war)

Reich: Germanic, roughly translated as "nation" or "realm"

The Lore (Settlement Backstory):

The Saga of Sigvatr Jotunbane:
The Founding of Hjorstaad's Landing

Across the seas unto the North
a Distant Isle lay;
a frozen land of men and giants,
the home of Jotunbane

Twas Sigvatr of the village Gert
was named as Jotunbane,
for wading through blood of Jotunbrood -
though a tale for another day

Across the seas he did sail
for blood and fame and gold,
until his eyes did find Far Shores,
far south of Distant Cold

When forth he set to reach dry land,
the skies rang forth with shock;
a storm did spring and roar from Hell
to dash ship hull 'gainst rock

When cold sea god did claim his ship
dark waves o'er port had leapt,
sea god did spare the Jotun-Hewer
and to sand of land he swept

Awakened on this Far Shore, he stood
and trudged from sea to sea,
until to Western coast he stopped
to build his legacy

On shore he found the trophy-skull
from Hjorstaad - most vile of Jotun,
which from his ship was cast before;
this site the Gods had chosen

And on that day, he paid homage;
a sacrifice to gods demanding,
and King of Valkreich, Jotunbane
had founded Hjorstaad's Landing.

The Message (Guild Info):
Greetings fellow Feudal-Lifers!

I have long awaited this game, being a big fan of sandbox MMO's, and have finally set foot in-game on official public server number 10 to start a guild that will eventually expand into a mighty kingdom.

I am looking for a few good people that want to help create something brilliant, a beautiful village that will evolve into an extravagant fortress, complete with every kind of building / crafting area that one could ever hope for, a thriving trade center and place to hang your hat (or helmet, rather) after a hard-fought battle.

I will need every character build and playstyle out there - crafters, builders, terraformers, alchemists, healers, gatherers and soldiers. Anyone will be welcomed into (and encouraged to be a part of) the militia, and those with promise will be accepted into the elite cavalry. The initial idea for the "theme" of the guild is that of the Norse Viking model: brave women and men who till the fields and work the smithies when necessary, and who take up arms when they get the opportunity (but not a complete rendition of Norse culture - some classic feudal terms and ideas will be incorporated such as "vassals" and "fiefs." After all, this isn't Viking Era Scandinavia: this is a completely different, fantasy world). I plan for it to be light RP - staying in character in the world but not walking instead of running and narrating everything you do. Simply speak how you think your character would actually speak in this setting.

PvP participation will be encouraged, but not required or pressured upon those who prefer PvE and crafting.

Every man and woman that has remained loyal to the kingdom will have the right to participate in the Thing (court), where various matters of concern / justice will be discussed. Everyone's voice will be heard, and I, as king, will have the final say in the sentencing and proper course of action to be taken regarding each matter. This way, we can have our mead hall set up and nice and cozy before we go "A-Viking" (raiding) to

distant lands :evil:

I believe that is about it for now. If you have any questions or are interested in joining, either PM me (in-game or on Steam under Sigvatr_Jotunslayer) or respond to this post in the comments below! SKOL!
:beer:
-Sigvatr Jotunbane
Last edited by Sigvatr on 27 Oct 2014, 12:00, edited 9 times in total.

Wolfhelm

Re: Kingdom of Valkreich

Post by Wolfhelm » 30 Aug 2014, 16:58

this is alot like my clan, and we both have germanic themes :), would you be willing to merge to me, so far i have 2-3 friends from other games willing to join me, and im looking for a fourth :)

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

LuxInTenebris

Post by LuxInTenebris » 11 Sep 2014, 09:17

I've a friend joining with me on the 19th and she would love the sound of this. She'll always take a Nord/Viking character model wherever possible!
Are you planning on hosting a YO server?

LiT.

Ragnoth

Post by Ragnoth » 14 Sep 2014, 16:04

Ragnorath will lend his hammer to you!
(Im looking for a LiF:YO server to join with friends. So I would like to join yours)

Helios

Post by Helios » 15 Sep 2014, 04:50

Where are you guys from? I'm Australian and looking to join and or start a guild and yours looks perfect :D

Sigvatr

Post by Sigvatr » 03 Oct 2014, 05:20

Thanks for your interest, guys! Right now it's just me and possibly a couple friends of mine, so the kingdom is very much in the early stages of its life. Pretty soon here I'll be getting the Y.O. version so we can get things rolling and start building and training for when the MMO version comes out. I don't know much about setting up private servers and managing them yet, so I will be looking into that within these next few days. I will keep you all posted!

Sigvatr

Post by Sigvatr » 03 Oct 2014, 05:24

And when it comes to time zones, I live in US Central time, but I am awake at various times throughout both day and night. It usually ends up that I get online (in whatever game) in the afternoon and play until the small hours of the morning, so you can usually catch me online here and there regardless of your time zone :)

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 12 Oct 2014, 23:26

what sertver you guys on, and you need a carpanter/hunter

Sigvatr

Post by Sigvatr » 23 Oct 2014, 20:42

The time is now, my brothers and sisters! I have decided to make the public server #10 our home. I can be found in-game under the name Sigvatr Jotunbane - feel free to click my name and add me on Steam to chat, or simply speak in global chat once you're in!
I am located on the western shore in the map - get in contact with me for more detailed directions and guidance to Hjorstaad's Landing.
There is MUCH work to be done - we need teraformers, miners, carpenters, all craftsmen, hunters, fishermen, gatherers, cooks - any and all professions! I will have two starter huts available as bind points for the first two settlers to arrive, and after those are filled, I can help new arrivals with the construction of their own additional huts to be added to the village.
See you all in-game!
SKOL!!! :beer:

Equastro

Re: Kingdom of Valkreich - Norse Vikings, RP/PvP, Server 10

Post by Equastro » 29 Oct 2014, 22:00

I play on the same server as Sigvatr. I can honestly say Sigvatr is a good guy, he has the Nordic theme down and I would love for him to get a few more active members!

Join Sigvatr's and help Hjorstaad's Landing grow to a mighty city!

Btw the name of the server is 'Official LiF server #10'!

Speeva22

Post by Speeva22 » 07 Nov 2014, 06:20

Where are yall located on the map? my char name is Dorian Marx

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 09 Nov 2014, 02:11

also just as an fyi, reich tends to be used more with empires,

Sigvatr

Post by Sigvatr » 09 Nov 2014, 20:18

Wolfhelm wrote:also just as an fyi, reich tends to be used more with empires,

"The term derives from the Germanic word meaning "realm" in general, but is typically used in German to designate a kingdom or an empire..."

The usage here that I'm going for is closer to the "realm/kingdom" part in the definition. Once again, Valkreich is not intended to be a complete rendition of any *one* culture, but rather borrows a lot of ideas from different cultures in order to create something different - just with more of an emphasis on features from the Norse and proto-Germanic cultures.

Sigvatr

Post by Sigvatr » 09 Nov 2014, 20:21

Speeva22 wrote:Where are yall located on the map? my char name is Dorian Marx

We are actually on the Western coast, in that little backwards C-shaped bay area; or West-southwest of the large lake on the map :)

RookIver

Post by RookIver » 24 Mar 2015, 00:58

Greetings fellow Karls, I am wondering if you guys are still an active group. The server I was on went down after I constructed a large palisade town so I'm looking for a new server.

-Karl Slenin Yorktide

Return to Guild Recruitment