Launching LiF mmo - hours of download everytime?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Zena

Launching LiF mmo - hours of download everytime?

Post by Zena » 01 May 2019, 12:40

Whenever I start LiF mmo - I do that from Steam - a sort of launcher is launched, I suppose this is the usual LiF mmo launcher, and only then there really is a "PLAY" button. Nevertheless, it starts downloading an infinite number of patches and it takes over 3 hours for the game to start.

launching today meant that there were 30 patches to be downloaded (!!!!!) I just don t know when I ll be able to play and this is the reason I stopped playing. And will do so again, if there is no way around it.

It does not seem normal nor correct. Is there anything I should do? Am I doing something wrong? cause there is no way I'd play a game that request over 3 hours to start. Is it possible it s just that I am in japan and the latency is bad? (I play other games without this problem though).

Thank you for a reply or an explanation.

Griffith181

Re: Launching LiF mmo - hours of download everytime?

Post by Griffith181 » 01 May 2019, 15:05

AMEN! I totally agree the first time you launch the game is a pain!

Question for you? are you currently on Wifi? I have a few computers and had to patch the game via hardwire because it would take sooo long via wifi.

the P2P features helps a lot until you are at about 18 or 19 of 30 patches. Seems like theres no seeders in that realm of the patch. If you are on wifi and do not have seeders it will not complete and you will have to start over (Not totally but it has to rescan) .

I feel your pain and am here for you to vent haha!
<BW> Blood Warden Guild | North American | English Speaking | PVP and PVE | Medium Size family. https://discord.gg/6RQFheM

Zena

Post by Zena » 02 May 2019, 05:11

No hope, apparently, but thanks for the reply (and for being an ear for me to vent frustration he he).

I installed the LiF launcher and now instead of lauching from Steam, I start straight from LiF. The nunmber of downloads decreased (now only 11!), but it s still pain and I doubt I ll play hte game if I have to wait for hours after I press "Play"...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 03 May 2019, 10:47

If you still experience issues with the launcher, please contact us (support) on discord. https://discord.gg/lifeisfeudal

Zena

Post by Zena » 12 May 2019, 11:28

Thank you Arrakis, it s working fine now, There was a problem with the installation from steam, I actually did not have the LiF downloader, so it downloaded every and each time I started. Thanks.

Return to General Discussion