LiF:Your Own (version 1.1.1.15) (Hotfix)

Recent changes to your favorite game.
Arrakis

LiF:Your Own (version 1.1.1.15) (Hotfix)

Post by Arrakis » 18 May 2016, 16:37

• Hotfix for character selection error is out.

Helleri

Re: LiF:Your Own (version 1.1.1.15) (Hotfix)

Post by Helleri » 17 Jul 2016, 23:14

Got a game update today but can't find patch notes for it it seems. Am I looking in the wrong place or will they be posted later?
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford.

Roggles

Post by Roggles » 17 Jul 2016, 23:17

Yeah, update to the dedicated server only, not sure what its for

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jul 2016, 14:23

It was just Steam updating C++ redist 2015.

Krizsaid
True Believer

Post by Krizsaid » 18 Jul 2016, 16:19

Arrakis09 wrote:It was just Steam updating C++ redist 2015.

Any news on when the patch that was promised in the June 24th steam news [First steps as a publisher...] will be released for LIF:YO?

Maybe a little tease of the contents of said patch would sate our hunger until it gets released?

Quote from the post is as follows:
"P.S. We expect a LiF:YO patch next week or the following week. "

This would assume a patch should have been out by the 10th of July.

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 18 Jul 2016, 16:33

ok wait so there was a patch? or there wasn't a patch? it was mentioned a week or so back we were going to be getting a patch in a week or so. I got an email about there being an up and coming patch soon. I went to log in this morning and Steam tried to reinstall my game on my client but I haven't updated my server if there was a patch for the server side should I run it or wait til a more official lif patch comes out....What's up Arrakis you are usually very good about telling everyone what is happening...a post on the end of an old patch post?

Scratches her head and waits.......

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jul 2016, 16:58

Krizsaid wrote:Any news on when the patch that was promised in the June 24th steam news [First steps as a publisher...] will be released for LIF:YO?

Maybe a little tease of the contents of said patch would sate our hunger until it gets released?

Hmm, let me say this... The time of the accursed, floating objects may soon come to an end ;)

Helleri

Post by Helleri » 18 Jul 2016, 17:48

So you're adding physics to moveable objects? That's what I get from that. The only time I have seen that floating objects are a real problem is in the case of log ladders. And you can't reasonably make it so that objects can't float or that would completely ruin all the legitimate reasons for stacking things. unless you made to where things could be actually stacked based on them having resting physics.

Which (assuming you're adding physics to moveable objects that is) would bring up a lot of questions. Like will objects have a base weight that is influenced by other factors? Such as containers weighing x amount + the weight of anything they contain? Or logs becoming lighter as you saw material away from them? Will moving an object be easier (quicker) if the object is lighter? Will this extend to characters; can I finally push out of the way the guy who decides it's okay to go afk for a few hours in a doorway? Would objects that are accelerated do damage to other objects (and take damage themselves); And if so would players be able to take damage from objects (example armored war busts through some crates at a high speeds and the crates go flying, does a player hit in the head with one of those flying crates take damage?)
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford.

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 18 Jul 2016, 20:48

hmmm can I take that to mean that when you do a server reboot your horses wont be floating in the air....or on a different part of the map ...or just gone ? I personally like floating objects it's enabled us to build bridges staircases up the sides of mountains I like putting my lamps half way up the wall to look like sconces and to be able to make docks out over the water etc....

Return to Patch Notes