MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Styxwash » 22 Feb 2017, 11:46

429. With the current build, there is no bashing with the Tower Shield. Is this intentional?
  • Answer: It is a bug. We'll look into it.
Side question, have you considering making the Tower Shield as tall as the Pavise? Right now, the Tower Shields are kind of unreliable in a formation, especially vs. Naptha pots aimed at the feet (doing massive damage against a tight shieldwall)

For such a big shield, your flanks should really be your only concern. I want to see a game with formations like promised, that features reliable shield/pike wall tactics, which rewards teamwork, coordination and covering each others flanks.

Dan.witkowski
True Believer

Post by Dan.witkowski » 23 Feb 2017, 02:54

430. What exactly are the rules for PvP, sieges, and raiding currently in the MMO? I have looked all over and can't find anything definitive. Does a claim protect your buildings? Can they destroy your claim? If so, how does that work? I don't see any mechanism for declaring war, so if two guilds fight, will they all incur the normal alignment hits if they kill each other?
  • Answer: So far there are no battle and sieges systems implemented. So currently 2 guilds can declare war on each other (via guild standings management screen). Official war does not incur alignment penalties. Guild claims provide the protection of assets on that claim. In order to damage assets on the claim and destroy a monument, you need to be in the official state of war with that guild and Judgment Hour must be active. So far we've enabled JH only once in December test run. We plant to enable it again later during this test run when we will stabilize servers and fix gameplay breaking bugs.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 23 Feb 2017, 06:29

431. You guys changed the damage mechanic of piercing (stab attack) damage. It is now char speed dependent and not weapon speed anymore.

By attacking If i stay still, its always speedmultipl. of 1
by walking straight forward 4
backwards 3
sideways 5
sprinting 8

with knight sword.

Is that intended?
  • Answer: Yes, that was done to avoid "thrust swinging" attacks, when you actually make a thrust attack and move your weapon tip sideways to artificially increase its relative speed to the victim. It was very efficient on longer pole weapons and resulted in huge amounts of damage.

Brother

Post by Brother » 23 Feb 2017, 18:26

432. What is the current timeline for regional servers? Will we see a North American server cluster for Wave 2 (open beta) launch? Before? After?

Thanks!
  • Answer: Yes, we plan to open them shortly before or during Wave#2 (open beta).

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 24 Feb 2017, 00:23

Camil199197 wrote:427. Can you give us more details, which weapons got changed and how they changed?
  • Answer: Not really. First of all, you should tell us that ;) Secondly, we might have some more tweaks coming.

433. Its impossible to test it on the MMO server. It takes way too much time to skill the attributes and feats. I would like to test it with GM mode.

When will you transfer this system into the Lif YO so we can test the new tweaks with GM mode?
  • Answer: After the end of the current beta test run.

Ashaara

Post by Ashaara » 25 Feb 2017, 09:17

434.In Forest Village there are so many new Meshes 4 Buildings, right now in YO and MMO every Building looks kinda the same? Will we ever see those structures in both of the projects or are they just Forest Village exclusive?
  • Answer: They are created by Life is Feudal: Forest Village devs and are exclusive for their game. You will not see those in LiF:YO or MMO.

Dranana
Devoted Believer

Post by Dranana » 25 Feb 2017, 15:57

435. My question is about personal claims; I read that personal claims can be taken over by guild clans and that those clan leaders can get rid of claims if THEY choose to. I also read that personal claim increases may be part of the cash shop for money. My question is what happens if I have had a personal claim say for months and even bought an upgrade for it in the cash shop and now a guild comes along and overlaps my personal claim with there guild claim. Do I have no say in anything dealing with that claim now even though I spent money on it? Also what about those guilds that come in and take over personal claims for their own guild mates by getting rid of the previous owners. I can see how a guild may set up where there are a good amount of personal claims just so they can take over those claims, evicted the previous owners, and put their own clan members on those plots that now are fully worked by the previous owners. You said solo players should be able to have fun and safety as well but I can see a lot of harassment and trouble coming from this system, how will you deal with this type of problem when it arises?
  • Answer: First of all, it is still not decided fully about cash shop private claim payments. But even if they will happen, we planned that you will pay your cash rent on a daily basis. You will not be able to pay upfront for a certain amount of time - just have some God's Favor on your account and they will be deducted automatically on a daily basis. Thus if some guild removes your claim - you will not lose your premium currency, since no upfront payments were made. Secondly, we plan that central city will have a King's claim, that will be protected by our server, thus solo players on that claim don't have to worry about other guilds. Also, I'm quite sure that some guilds will offer lands and protection for such solo players in exchange for something, so you can be protected by in game mechanics.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 26 Feb 2017, 04:55

436. Each time Arrakis visits us he complains about cruelty to horses and every time the answer is the same - horses heal themself while training dummies don't repair themself alone. The last trend is shooting bark boxes, because why would you use archery target that takes rope and you even need to repair it? ))
What do you think about the current "combat training"? Do you have any ideas about that?
  • Answer: It is planned to remove or significantly lower skills raising from hitting "impropriate" targets during training. Training dummies, archery ranges, and players - those should be the main source of combat skills raises.
437. Are you still thinking the 1% chance of reg.res and blueprints is good? I mean it sounded kind of good idea it first, but the reality now shows it's probably not really working as intended. There should be realistic border between hard to make/valuable and impossible. I reached grandmaster smith today, I play with a large group and crafted 40 sets of chainmails only last wave (when everyone was still using chainmails). All of them with good jewelry and blessed from the Pope (100 piety). 40x6=240 parts and not a single blueprint, had to borrow from allied guild that got more lucky just to train lancing using the armor as lancing is the only non auto clickable combat skill.
So right now I sit on 25 ingots of regional ore and still not even 1 blueprint. It's not much different for others, so the result is that tier 3 is not rare armor that you give to your best warriors only for important fights - it's non existing armor that one will never wear in battle, because it's just unrealistic and can act only as show off. Not even mentioning royal armors, they take 90 skill now to wear which is easy, but no one will be able to create even a set probably in a whole year...
Please consider increasing the chance from 1% to 5% or 10%. This way it will still be rare and valuable, but not impossible to make and the best warriors will actually dare to fight in such armor. In such case also royals will pop up in the hands of officers as that's the point of royal armors anyway. Even the trade will flourish, because there will be demand for regional ores. Now you only need t3 chainmail to train lancing (the easier way then handle hits on other horse or riding around training dummies), so there is no real demand and there was no one interested in trading regional ore so far as it's both also too rare (maybe bump to 3%-5%?) and not really needed, because why would you craft such sets when no one will dare wear them in battle?
  • Answer: Thank you for mentioning it. 1% was a rough guesstimate and it is obvious now, that it is not correct. We will inspect DB to learn the amount of blueprints and normal armors existing in the world to make sure that there is no bug in calculations and if calculations are correct, most probably we will increase the chance.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 26 Feb 2017, 14:19

438. You guys added/rewored this in combat mechanic so far
- piercing damage with weapons
- armor ressistance
- armor meta buffs
- chopping damage with axe types

What will you guys add/rework next ? (need more details)

-Push damage from Horses?

-Formation buff? (It is impossible to play in formation in this game. The area is way too small and the fights are very dynamic. It must be at least 2x bigger)
  • Answer: Yup, impact damage from horses will be tweaked. Formations will be boosted too.

Mryuan
Beta Tester

Post by Mryuan » 27 Feb 2017, 02:12

439. Bobik i was really thought the padded armor are useless.. even after tweaking. If the their weight are all count in 0.3-0.5 so there will be somebody to wear it otherwise ppl would rather to wear chainmail for more cheaper and effective
plz think about it
  • Answer: I will think about it.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 27 Feb 2017, 20:09

440. What do you plan for the piety skill ? with the huge cooldown on the homecoming prayer (which is not a bad thing) it's pretty impossible to reach 30 for the alignment prayer...
  • Answer: Piety is supposed to take some time to raise and later on we plan to add another layer of game logic on piety (cardinals, Pope etc). We will review piety skill gain and maybe it will be tweaked.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

PadreDenk
Beta Tester

Post by PadreDenk » 27 Feb 2017, 21:44

441. My dear devs. I have a little question for you. How do you think, is it normal that trees are not even middle size after 3 weeks of grow. This is :evil:
It is cool that you want to make it more realistic, but it is tooooooooooo long, really tooooooooo long.
I'm from server 12.

And we still have no information about time of its grow in different zones.
  • Answer: We need to double check it. But with a dry climate, trees will grow significantly slower, that's true.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 28 Feb 2017, 06:27

442. ETA for the very specific guild permissions like it is described in the wiki 'from Bobik source' when it says we can let only a "A" person to have access to a "A" chest, or a "A+B+C" people access to warehouse "Z" ?
https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Claim
Guild Claim Permission System

Each claim will allow extensive modification of permissions for guild members set by the guild leader:

Group titles and group permissions (For example: "Gate Guard" title, assigned to Player1, Player2, Player3. "Gate Guard" has ability to open gates.)
Individual rights to specific objects and/or permissions (For example: Player1 is sole player with access rights to House1. Player2 is sole player with access rights to House2 and House3, and may terraform.)

• Answer: We are working on it, but it's doubtful that we will be able to release it at the current beta test run :(

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 01 Mar 2017, 17:07

443. Will "Hold your ground!" from formation effect the Cavalryman too?

Will they get the knockback buff too while riding?
  • Answer: Nope, they will not.

Yodamester
True Believer

Post by Yodamester » 01 Mar 2017, 19:57

444. Do you plan to change the needed skill for longbow? I am using it and at the moment to use it effectively you need 60 strength and 60 agility. With this setup you can't spend enough point to constitution to be carpenter. To build gate modul you need enough constitution to hold the neded materials. I think it's not fair that you penalise only carpenter job with it. What do you think?
  • Answer: We think that life is feudal :) On a serious note, if we switch stats, some other crafting profession will be at a similar disadvantage.

LordTimppa
True Believer

Post by LordTimppa » 05 Mar 2017, 09:28

445. MMO and farming on server 43 to 49. Is it true that crops wont grow at all? Trees do grow but wheat and flax?
  • Answer: They should, but quite slow and only in a limited period of time - summer is very short, almost non-existent there.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 05 Mar 2017, 22:31

446. What does "Luck" actually increase in combat? Could you give us more specific details please.
  • Answer: It affects some stagger and KD chances, bleeding and other side effects of weapons.

Arzi

Post by Arzi » 06 Mar 2017, 18:59

447. Hey, i think the current whistle system, to detect enemies inside claim, is a little weird. Would be possible to implement a "dog house" which emits a loud dog's bark inside a radius of effect when an enemy approaches? It would be more realistic, instead of currently constant whistling around. It would consume meat to work, of course.
  • Answer: Bell towers are our answer ;)

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 06 Mar 2017, 22:37

448. 3 questions :

a) Is there anything you can do for the all the bugs that make us lose horses?
  • Answer: We find and fix them. Even today we expect another fix patch that should help with some cases of this issue.
b) Is there any advice you can give us that will help us not lose so many horses?
  • Answer: Travel between servers on foot.
c) If you can not fix these bugs, or at least fix that we don't lose the horses when we have these bugs, maybe you could increase the availability of the horses ?
  • Answer: Not an option, we'd better fix those bugs faster under the pressure of your reports.
My stable had 4 horses that I went out and got by taming wild horses. They were all male, so I took a horse to go looking for a female, and I lost it, same thing happened for the other 3.

I lost 4 horses looking for one more horse !!!!

It's not only crossing server borders, I was careful to slow down when I got close, but I lost all those horses for other bugs.

Borzol
Beta Tester

Post by Borzol » 08 Mar 2017, 12:36

449. Currently in MMO is copper in great quantities but there is almoust no use for it. Are you planning to change it and if yes how do you want to change it?
  • Answer: There is no final decision yet. We planned to lower its amounts slightly and keep it for the player's owned currency minting process.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 08 Mar 2017, 15:16

450. In the personal claim managing window, we can see "god's favor", how will it be used ?
  • Answer: It is not a final decision yet, but we planned to let players use it if they want to grow their claim above a certain size.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 08 Mar 2017, 16:03

451: Have you considered visual (even for ingame money) bonus for grandmasters? For example if you have 100 forging and buy it you will be able to mark your names on all weapons that you craft. It's visual stuff only anyway and it shouldn't be so rare as now, not to mention it's just random.
  • Answer: Well, we planned to spend some time on special cosmetic items for GMs along with a current ability to set yourself a title.

Mryuan
Beta Tester

Post by Mryuan » 09 Mar 2017, 12:33

452.when will the monster NPC come in to test? this month ?? or the next month ??
  • Answer: Probably shortly after the start of Wave#2 (Open Beta tests)

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 10 Mar 2017, 16:32

453. When we get some info about stone/granite walls towers ? Tiles on the ground for the drawbridge(s) ?
  • Answer: Soon™
Thx

Darkdraco59
True Believer

Post by Darkdraco59 » 11 Mar 2017, 17:54

454.when we craft ordinary armor we have plan to do heavy armor but the regional ressource needed is random, have you considered to have a better chance/% to have the plan for the regional ressource related to our position. (build in regions rocky plains 10%chance more to have rocky plains plan than other)
  • Answer: Regional resources system is intended to require random resources that are OUTSIDE of your area, that should force you to travel/raid/trade/whatever in order to obtain those resources.
Drayck: (rp)Sataniste du groupe :evil:

Samuray1987
True Believer

Post by Samuray1987 » 13 Mar 2017, 09:25

455. Few questions
a) At what time do you plan the third stage of testing?
  • Answer: April (probably 2nd part).
b) What are the terms of the third stage?
  • Answer: Same as previous 2 testing waves.
c) Will there be an NPC in the third stage?
  • Answer: Hopefully on a newbie island.
d) Will there be any trade at the third stage?
  • Answer: In an alpha stage. Aka some bugs and issues, but generally working.
e) Will there be judging hours or days in the third stage?
  • Answer: If servers stability will be adequate enough - we will organize some JHs.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 13 Mar 2017, 11:17

456. Any roadmap schedule?
Horse drawn cart? Castle wall? Lore update?

Natives are schedule for after the release, no? I'm quite sure I'had see this information somewhere but I'm not able to find it again. :beer:
  • Answer: Horse carts are still being developed, castle walls will take some time, lore should be ready in 2-3 weeks. And yeah, natives will be after the start of open beta tests.

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Post by Zennoya » 14 Mar 2017, 17:05

457. Are You planning to change map or at least location of underground resources after Wipe at Wave #2 ? A lot of people searching gold/silver veins now, just to know their locations after wipe.
  • Answer: We will shuffle the resources at the end of Wave #1.

Brother

Post by Brother » 18 Mar 2017, 16:48

458. It seems from the 3d model of the new castle walls that the draw bridges will be part of the gate assets. Just curious if stone gatehouses will also have drawbridges eventually.
  • Answer: I don't think so so far. The idea is, that stone walls are something in between the palisade and big castle walls. So stone walls should not be that awesome as big Castle walls, yet they should be better than wooden/palisade walls.
Thanks!

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 18 Mar 2017, 17:44

459. Playing a bit more off of 449 in regards to copper, I know you said there's not final decision yet but are there any speculations as to add copper tools or weapons via from a furnace via casting or etc and if so will it have upgrades like bronze or something similar to iron/vor/steel?

Aside: It might be more trouble than it's worth. Model assets, Resource assets, and balancing to keep it as an interesting/viable alternative to iron line tools would also be difficult, But it would make sense and give us something to do with the copper and early access to non-primitive tools pre forging 30. Honestly if this ever does become a thing I wouldn't expect it until much later as it's not really a priority plus based on your previous answer I'm probably getting way ahead of myself
  • Answer: Exactly. So far it doesn't seem that adding some upgrade system utilizing copper will add that much of value to the gameplay. While development efforts will be quite significant.
460. How do you feel about the homecoming skill, will it eventually be deleted/replaced/changed with something that makes a bit more sense. ie: show the way home rather than teleport?
  • Answer: That is a tough question. Maybe we will even make another "Feudal democracy" voting round. Thing is, that homecoming kinda removes one traveling opportunity from the player, that makes him fetch some goods/gold safe to his house. That is kinda ruining our constant danger gameplay mechanics. On the other hand, it is SO TEDIOUS to come back home from a place you have visited before. I mean, traveling to some distant place, meeting some people, animals, cities, and villages are an interesting activity. but doing that in a reverse order and meeting everything the same once again is not that fun anymore. And homecoming is also a good tool if you get lost, stuck or just need to log out in a safe place ASAP because you got to go somewhere in real life. That is why we're still undecided what to do with a homecoming.

Return to General Discussion