Mount&Blade Warband

Why this game is better than any other.

Bgfan

Mount&Blade Warband

Post by Bgfan » 17 Oct 2011, 15:52

Well, first off, let me say that I'm rather surprised that this game has yet to receive a topic on this particular forum. In fact, the combat system, as described for LiF, seems to share a few similarities with that of M&B. As some of you may know M&B is a medieval combat simulator produced by Taleworlds Entertainment, and published by Paradox. It is by far the most accurate simulation of combat in the era, despite it having it's fair share of flaws. I am of course not going to give an in-depth description that will no doubt bore plenty of people out of their mind, but rather I'll drop a link:

http://www.taleworlds.com/

The game is rather cheap considering it's enjoy-ability, and is a great competitive multiplayer experience. There is certainly no shortage of tournaments. I know, from what I've heard that many Darkfall players are likely to find it enjoyable (One of the prominent NA-WB clans, the Black Shields, has actually come over from Darkfall). Anyways, I'd suggest at least trying the demo out.

The Taleworld's forums are a great place to hang out, with an excellent, (most of the time) mature community. In fact, the Taleworld's forums are what let me to this game. It's been all but officially announced that a sequel to M&B is currently under way, and expectations are high.

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Re: Mount&Blade Warband

Post by LordWiese » 17 Oct 2011, 16:06

Pretty much everyone here plays mount and blade :)

Bgfan

Post by Bgfan » 17 Oct 2011, 17:33

Whelp, there's me making an ass out of myself already... big surprise there...

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Post by LordWiese » 17 Oct 2011, 21:41

Bgfan wrote:Whelp, there's me making an ass out of myself already... big surprise there...

np, gotta love mount and blade, and welcome to our forum!

Kazzan

Post by Kazzan » 21 Oct 2011, 10:18

Warband is quite a splendid game, if I do say so myself. The mods make the game worthwhile, and the multiplayer.

wongo007
Alpha Tester

Post by wongo007 » 21 Oct 2011, 12:10

Mount and blade warband is a awesome game i think that mount and blade warband is a better game then call of duty modern warfare2/black ops.and i also think that mount and blade is the best indie game.

Scully

Post by Scully » 31 Dec 2011, 02:43

If there's directional blocking and attacking in LiF... Well that would be just swell wouldn't it?

MacWarrior

Post by MacWarrior » 15 Jan 2012, 13:58

Love that game :)

Return to Off Topic