mutex error, lock ups, weird icons

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Caennanu

mutex error, lock ups, weird icons

Post by Caennanu » 19 Dec 2017, 20:40

Hello All!

Fairly new to the game, and thus far i was enjoying it.

Little background:
I have played ark for quite a while, aswell as alot of other MMO's over the years.
Have hosted dedicated servers for a few games, ARK being the most recent one.
Have started to host Lif:YO privately for me and a friend to play on and get familiar with the game, since last weekend (16th of dec).

Setting it up with the steamCMD commands for updating in conjunction with MariaDB was a breeze. We got into the game, started to mod the server a bit to adjust some weight and capacity here and there, since we're just 2 players in a game that is obviously not ment for so few.

For 3-4 days, we've had no issues playing the game, untill today.

I started the day simple, come home from work, login to the server and start playing. Nothing wrong.

After an hour orso, we opened our warehouse, and suddenly weird icon's appeared with object id's and items we couldn't possible create with our skills. (like a castle tower angle, heavy scale armor and system objects??).

for this i figured, the database got corrupted, so i stopped the server. Loaded the backup from this morning, and start it back up.
After this, we were unable to login. Friend of mine froze the game and i kept getting an Mutex error.

Following a forum post, i set all settings to low. After this i was able to log back in, but my friend was not. Also we're still seeing weird icons in the warehouse. Even some items that have dissapeared like a pig contract, some boards, a bit of iron etc.

So now i'm at a loss. Whats happening and how do we fix it?
How am i going to get rid of the invalid items and resolve the freeze and mutex errors?

Kind Regards.
Caennanu - Cae's Builder Haven

Caennanu

Re: mutex error, lock ups, weird icons

Post by Caennanu » 19 Dec 2017, 20:56

Another thing i noticed. even after admin deleting the warehouse. Every time open a container, i get a stutter / freeze. Did not experience this before.

Creating a new character, friend is able to log back in, but not with his original character. the same goes for me at high / ultra settings.

Randomly walking around in the original base, i seem to bump into invisible opjects. At this point the server also spams 'Packet data checksum: disagree'

Resetting the database to default value's from the patch.sql and redownloading the editted clientside xml's also do not work.

Caennanu

Post by Caennanu » 20 Dec 2017, 12:34

so i've done some additional testing.
the area where i get the checksum error seems to be an area with an invisible object.
I cannot flatten raise or lower the ground of that particular tile either.
I can however build on it, like a flag, cart, house . . .

Caennanu

Post by Caennanu » 20 Dec 2017, 13:54

Right so a little more investigating.
It seems that the checksum errors are caused by invisible tree's.
When i try to plant a sprout on the same tiles, i get a message that a tree is too close . . .

EDIT*
After removing all tree's from the database, the checksum error has dissappeared. so has my personal forest, but atleast thats confirmed.

Any way to delete only the invisible's?

Caennanu

Post by Caennanu » 20 Dec 2017, 14:56

And then i put the backup back and server won't load anymore.
can't seem to connect to the database.

This is buggy :S

edit**
deleted all the MariaDB databases.
Rebuild the database.
Server starts again. . . .

Caennanu

Post by Caennanu » 21 Dec 2017, 05:57

love the given support!. . .

Return to General Discussion