NA Buyan Server - Petition for more Judgement Hours

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Should there be more frequent Judgement hours on NA Buyan?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 128

Jhuseby

Re: NA Buyan Server - Petition for more Judgement Hours

Post by Jhuseby » 06 Jan 2018, 04:22

I’d like to see more JH, but would prefer the server stability issue is resolved first. JH is an unplayable lag fest at the moment.

Moose2949

Post by Moose2949 » 06 Jan 2018, 04:31

JH as it is now is unplayable. I think a single weekly JH is enough especially once they fully implement and cheapen IB/Siege. I dont feel like having to log on this game 3 or 4 times a week at selected times to defend everything from a regular JH. Basically makes your realm claim worthless to a constant zerg.

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 06 Jan 2018, 05:55

Moose2949 wrote:JH as it is now is unplayable. I think a single weekly JH is enough especially once they fully implement and cheapen IB/Siege. I dont feel like having to log on this game 3 or 4 times a week at selected times to defend everything from a regular JH. Basically makes your realm claim worthless to a constant zerg.

JH is unplayable because it's literally the only time you can do meaningful damage to an enemy's economy. Since raiding is impossible, PvP focused players literally get on just for JH, once a week.

I'm sorry if your realm claim is "worthless" - defend it better or use your town claim. If JH was once per day, many of the lag issues would likely clear up anyway, as people would be forced to split their time between defense and attack. Most big guilds know that if someone comes in their server in JH, the server will crash - so they don't even bother trying to put up a defense. They know nobody will come into their server period.

Without at least daily JH, this game is actually a casual game. The game currently doesn't punish for bad or lazy base design, which should be how you defend adequately anyway.

TL;DR: If your realm claim is getting hit all the time, it's because of lazy base design. Multiple JH's per week will likely alleviate many of the JH server problems as well.

Killa162

Post by Killa162 » 06 Jan 2018, 08:28

Signed. Bobik's wall of PvP reporting in. (Credit goes to Akimangelini)

Drakedge
Zealous Believer

Post by Drakedge » 06 Jan 2018, 08:51

This is the dumbest thing i have ever seen in these forums.

JH only benefits large alliances, and guilds. You will destroy all new, small, and medium guilds by doing this, and thus kill the game. All the new steam users on steam release will be unable to do anything and will quit the game.

Ivadire

Post by Ivadire » 06 Jan 2018, 09:26

We've only got one server in NA, so claiming it as PVP or PVE is kind of selfish. I feel like JH is a necessity as long at it's once or twice a week - it has brought our guild together and makes it worthwhile to train combat skills, but since it requires us to be online to defend ourselves it'll lose its entertainment value if it happened too often. Just saying, this game offers much more than sitting on a wall and shooting people. ;)

Moose2949

Post by Moose2949 » 06 Jan 2018, 09:28

Zenjamin wrote:
Moose2949 wrote:JH as it is now is unplayable. I think a single weekly JH is enough especially once they fully implement and cheapen IB/Siege. I dont feel like having to log on this game 3 or 4 times a week at selected times to defend everything from a regular JH. Basically makes your realm claim worthless to a constant zerg.

JH is unplayable because it's literally the only time you can do meaningful damage to an enemy's economy. Since raiding is impossible, PvP focused players literally get on just for JH, once a week.

I'm sorry if your realm claim is "worthless" - defend it better or use your town claim. If JH was once per day, many of the lag issues would likely clear up anyway, as people would be forced to split their time between defense and attack. Most big guilds know that if someone comes in their server in JH, the server will crash - so they don't even bother trying to put up a defense. They know nobody will come into their server period.

Without at least daily JH, this game is actually a casual game. The game currently doesn't punish for bad or lazy base design, which should be how you defend adequately anyway.

TL;DR: If your realm claim is getting hit all the time, it's because of lazy base design. Multiple JH's per week will likely alleviate many of the JH server problems as well.

Daily JH? Lol fucking normies, they shouldnt be allowed to play the game and go out to dinner without their shit getting wrecked.

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » 06 Jan 2018, 11:41

More JH when they fix server stability/lag.

Should be judgment days (in game day) imo but down the line. Not till things are ironed out.

But right now all I see is the big guilds who are built and protected already complaining about the lack of pvp and the need for bark box jumping getting into walls.

They have nothing to do and want to pick on smaller guilds or afkers. Sad truth.

That's not pvp imo.

I see lot of you complaining but if of any of you played Darkfall you would understand that the balance between sheeps and wolves is almost an impossible task. I think Bobik is spot in his understanding of the problem. It remains to be seen if he has the answers.

And fyi, its always the wolves on the forums, the vocal minority calling for these changes, so they can get more freedom to kill.
Revelation is recruiting | [NA] Buyan Server | Join us

Evir
True Believer

Post by Evir » 06 Jan 2018, 19:55

Drakedge wrote:This is the dumbest thing i have ever seen in these forums.

JH only benefits large alliances, and guilds. You will destroy all new, small, and medium guilds by doing this, and thus kill the game. All the new steam users on steam release will be unable to do anything and will quit the game.

Maybe you should become a vassal of a larger group so they can protect you, you know like the Feudal system... How about not going it on your own as much. Possibly merge into a larger group and pool resources and skills.

I know revolutionary ideas for the NA server where everyone wants to be solo or with a group of 3 friends like it is a console game and they are all playing on the same screen.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Jan 2018, 23:09

Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Galaneria
True Believer

Post by Galaneria » 07 Jan 2018, 00:03

Last I read, this is an MMO and not a Clan Box game. There are options to play solo (more difficult though) or with a large alliance. "PvE" (really, I didn't know players had to fight dirt) and PvP players need eachother. Some players are claiming the server population is plummeting because of lack of PvP options and in some cases they're probably right so more JH will be helpful for them. On the other hand, if they get their wish and drive our the so called "PvE" players, then the population still plummets and we move towards a setup where new players come steam release and the official launch (yes, it might as well be considered launch now with no wipe) will see groups forced to join up with a handful of mega groups who JH new players into the ground if more and more hours get put in.

No more JH hours currently and certainly not random ones. Plenty to do to force some groups to fight and will be more options sooner rather than later hopefully. Let's not actively try to kill our game quicker if we can. PvP players will still have their bases to fight from if we have to wait a bit for more options to deal with our enemies more permanently. More time gives more players a chance to settle in before the large alliances get to be tear it all down.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 07 Jan 2018, 00:51

Galaneria wrote:No more JH hours currently

Bobik confirmed in this week's AMA that JH would be happening more often, although he didn't commit to any schedule, AFAIK.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Galaneria
True Believer

Post by Galaneria » 07 Jan 2018, 02:24

I know they're coming, it's expected but my opinion is it's not wise to in the game's current state, that's all.

JohnsonIC

Post by JohnsonIC » 07 Jan 2018, 03:14

I think any PVP will be focused toward JH. It does not matter how many times it happens a week. They need to implement siege ladder to get over walls outside of JH if you want no lag pvp. people that think wall jumping is for griefing. we cant kill you over and over when you spawn in your house and that is not what i want. when people jump walls. people that don't want this. run and hide in their houses and log out because they don't want to die and lose skills or their little bit of gear they have on. making walls invulnerable increase the chance of afking and macroing. The people who run have alignment that is so high they will lose like 1 point over all. Don't be afk and be ready for pvp its open world pvp as you marketed it. Siege ladders should be more important right now. Implemented for any time use before more JH are implemented because they are unstable. Set times are hard for me to make also i get to attend 1 JH a month. That is 12 fights a years for me. The only hope I have is for Blood vikings to come to our land and fight out side of that time because we run out and meet them. so now all my content is gone (PVP). i don't need to guard the walls cause no one can jump them i cant attack walls because they can hide in them and not fight me. JH should be stabilized because of the chance of losing things during these times before more are implemented. Some people will only fight x amount of days in a week but there will be a set of pvp groups the will live for that 1 hour a day. JH will never be stable i don't think either. Maybe if they make 4 servers inside of each of the servers there are now it will fix it. Honestly I'm about ready to quit play until siege ladders are implemented. Only jumping walls as griefing... what can they do besides kill you once and that is about it and get what gear is on your body. they cant do anything to your claim or materials or buildings or anything. Palisade walls were easy to get over in YO. stone walls people still climb but mostly didn't want to put the effort into. Castle walls they are just like F that. So if you have a problem with wall jumping build castle walls bet you no one jumps them. if that does not sound good to you build a second set. What is a bigger deal to me is people running into the water to avoid combat. Rather than people bark boxing over my walls. If you have an ideas to combat this I'm all ears. Hopefully once boats are implemented i wont need to defend it and there will be a way to stop it from being a good idea because a boat can run you down in the water or something.
Last edited by JohnsonIC on 07 Jan 2018, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

JohnsonIC

Post by JohnsonIC » 07 Jan 2018, 03:26

BanditKing wrote:More JH when they fix server stability/lag.

Should be judgment days (in game day) imo but down the line. Not till things are ironed out.

But right now all I see is the big guilds who are built and protected already complaining about the lack of pvp and the need for bark box jumping getting into walls.

They have nothing to do and want to pick on smaller guilds or afkers. Sad truth.

That's not pvp imo.

I see lot of you complaining but if of any of you played Darkfall you would understand that the balance between sheeps and wolves is almost an impossible task. I think Bobik is spot in his understanding of the problem. It remains to be seen if he has the answers.

And fyi, its always the wolves on the forums, the vocal minority calling for these changes, so they can get more freedom to kill.

on this note the RP's cried so much they got their own server.

JohnsonIC

Post by JohnsonIC » 07 Jan 2018, 03:33

Agathon wrote:This game will be dead by the middle of 2018 at this point, its been nearly two months and the population is already crashing.

i would say unless aggressive changes are made yes. 6 month after steam release is my prediction. the steam release will breath a breath of life into in and it will finally die.
Ivadire wrote:We've only got one server in NA, so claiming it as PVP or PVE is kind of selfish. I feel like JH is a necessity as long at it's once or twice a week - it has brought our guild together and makes it worthwhile to train combat skills, but since it requires us to be online to defend ourselves it'll lose its entertainment value if it happened too often. Just saying, this game offers much more than sitting on a wall and shooting people. ;)

sitting on the wall shooting people is what people do now and i cant get them.

JohnsonIC

Post by JohnsonIC » 07 Jan 2018, 03:43

Sparksaflyin83 wrote:Honestly JH is kind of a joke. Everything is protected on town claim so little damage can be exacted on your enemies. Yes ill take more JH but imo bring back human ladders and bark box raiding. If you cant handle the pvp heat...on a PVP SERVER...go play the RP server. This game is slowly creeping toward catering to casuals as most other games do. And eventually it will die in the same mannor. Survival of the fittest, just like feudal times, is how it should be.

I think we need a pvp server currently as is it is it will thrive with one JH a week and these mechanics implemented again or a proper siege ladder in place. RP's got their way why can't pvp players? Guess they would need to make a EU one and a NA one. Because ping is iportant for pvp not for rp. With faster skill gains and less alignment lost for actions.
HolyAvengerOne wrote:I vote to make it daily! And vary hours a bit, +/- a couple... :Bravo:

Seems like a good idea add and hour to it also. anywhere from 6pm est to 10pm est or something like that. most people play this game 2 to 3 hours a day.

JohnsonIC

Post by JohnsonIC » 07 Jan 2018, 04:05

LiFKarl wrote:In the latest AmA the topic of more frequent weekly Judgement Hours was brought up. His impression of EU and NA servers seems to be very different.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215343495?t=03h03m36s

If you would like to see more frequent Judgement hours on the Buyan server sign this thread or state your options about the subject.

Edit - Poll added. (1/5/2017)

From that AmA bobik is not pvp friendly currently. Bobik is a Whale protector $$$ as he should be. He is in the businesses to make money. So he has to do something to keep people playing and pay i just hope his actions work for him and it don't back fire when pvp is lost. Most pve server with forced mechanic he implemented now that had rules that were similar lasted about 6 months. Hard core pvp servers lasted about 3 month so idk the answer.

JohnsonIC

Post by JohnsonIC » 07 Jan 2018, 04:12

also i posted this watching JH on twitch while at work.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 07 Jan 2018, 14:02

I don't really want MORE JHs but I think a longer time for judgement hour would be great like 2 or 3 hours or so on top of expanding what you can do on peoples claims outside of judgement hour

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » 07 Jan 2018, 17:15

JohnsonIC wrote:
Agathon wrote:This game will be dead by the middle of 2018 at this point, its been nearly two months and the population is already crashing.

i would say unless aggressive changes are made yes. 6 month after steam release is my prediction. the steam release will breath a breath of life into in and it will finally die.
Ivadire wrote:We've only got one server in NA, so claiming it as PVP or PVE is kind of selfish. I feel like JH is a necessity as long at it's once or twice a week - it has brought our guild together and makes it worthwhile to train combat skills, but since it requires us to be online to defend ourselves it'll lose its entertainment value if it happened too often. Just saying, this game offers much more than sitting on a wall and shooting people. ;)

sitting on the wall shooting people is what people do now and i cant get them.

To me the regular servers are carebear enough. However its mostly due to the harsh penalties for killing I guess. Because it is completely within the realm of possibility you can go pvp and kill people as is.

Why are people bitching? Because they can't jump in walls of their enemies any time they want. It's too much of a task for them to wait until siege ladders get implemented. Like the people crying are seriously babies imo. Go find pvp already and stop bitching. Setup some tournies, some preplanned battles, something besides bitching.

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 07 Jan 2018, 17:30

... You know, there are many guilds that have NEVER been hit in JH. And for good reason.

JH is a detriment to anyone who has poor base design and layout. Plain and simple. If you choose to build on your realm claim without adequate defenses, this is not because the big bad guilds are evil - this is because you are stupid and unprepared.

If it takes a single log, or two, to jump over your walls, you are unprepared. It's not the game mechanic at fault - it's the fact that, because these forms of raiding have been abolished, you have fallen into this place where you believe building a small fence next to a hill will protect you. Newsflash - it won't.

Lazy and poor base design has been encouraged by the removal of small scale raiding and barkboxing and all you are seeing is the result of that. Go to any big guild base and have a look for yourself - they choose locations and layouts for a reason. They have specific defenses setup for a reason. They place stuff on town claim for a reason.

In fact, the removal of bark boxing is the reason for the death of this game. If small scale raids were in, people would realise that their base is vulnerable well before any JH. And they would work to fix it - or move somewhere they could be better protected. Large guilds can't raid other large guilds during JH because they know what they're doing and there's no point. So they have to pick on smaller guilds and vassals who have poor and lazy base design.

If you want the game to survive, you need to enable those larger alliances to raid each other outside of JH, or at least gain entry to the town claim during JH. Without at least one of these things, you don't bother raiding these bases because they're impregnable - so you raid the noobs who don't understand it yet.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 07 Jan 2018, 17:32

Why do you call Bobik a whale protector? There is literally nothing on the store worth whaling for....

Unless Bobik sells individual tools instead whole tool packs and overpriced skins nobody is going to be really active in spending money on the market.

I assume that the subscriptions are probably the only exception to that statement.

I agree that a daily judgement hour is too much. If you guys do JH every day of the week then I know a lot of clans will quit before the end of the first week because it won't be viable for anyone who actually has a life to play the game.

Weekend Judgement Hours sure I'll buy that. Might even buy the idea that it should be longer than a single hour. But the amount of effort it takes to build something in this vs versus the PITIFUL effort required to destroy it should be taken into consideration as well.

If you want all day JH? Give me walls that take more than 2 minutes for 15 people to break through.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Gewoonjoey

Post by Gewoonjoey » 07 Jan 2018, 17:38

Signed

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » 08 Jan 2018, 00:33

Put in siege ladders, make them make loud crickety sounds and allow them to be used all the time.

Make it take 2 people to carry it or something and a little investment in its crafting.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 08 Jan 2018, 15:40

No offense but small guilds have no place in this game.

And for me a small guild is a guild of less than 10-15 ACTUAL humans playing the game. Not 5 people with 2 alts each.

Because as soon as these tiny guilds finish what ever goal they had, they move on to the next sandbox they can build in. Which means they leave a torn up area of land that will NEVER return to its original state and some wasted resources that we will never get back.

Steam release will be a nightmare, 400k individuals with the mindset of being brigands, heroes, braveheart, or some other fantasy thing, and attempting to build massive scale projects on their own or in small clusters. Only to be let down at the scope and time it will take, and ultimately be demolished by an established guild.

Hell even the Chinese are learning how to build better defenses. The Futabang guild on the NA server started with some palisade walls, and they found we could get over them. Then they put up a wooden gate, and some dirt walls, then they found we could hide in the blind spots and run in the gate when they opened it. Then they build more dirt walls, a gate house and some stone walls on those.... then they found we could get over those during JH... now they are building a third dirt wall with stone walls on those and moat with bear traps in it....

They are getting smarter. If only some of the other carebear guilds would learn from them.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 08 Jan 2018, 16:28

Just to add my voice to this here : I think opening other servers with different ruleset, right now, would be detrimental to the sheep vs. wolves theory as it would further fragment the community.

Please don't :)

As Bobik also mentioned in the AMA, there are a lot of features (sieges, IB) that aren't yet enabled or balanced or working properly on the normal ruleset server. I think until that's the case, it will be hard to make sense in evaluating what changes might be required.

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 08 Jan 2018, 20:22

Who cares if it's working? The EU server has already received more JHs so the NA should as well. There are several war situations where guilds kind of need to "drive out" one another and it cannot be done because of the current mechanics. It's literally ruining the whole build your own kingdom concept because you can't even defend your kingdom.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 08 Jan 2018, 20:32

Trance67 wrote:The EU server has already received more JHs so the NA should as well.

Like what "more JH"?

Pkan
True Believer

Post by Pkan » 09 Jan 2018, 05:00

BanditKing wrote:Put in siege ladders, make them make loud crickety sounds and allow them to be used all the time.

Make it take 2 people to carry it or something and a little investment in its crafting.

This sounds good. Also more JHs as promised over a month ago. When I pledged the game was described as a hardcore pvp game. I don't feel like these promises are being kept.

Return to General Discussion